I need a lot of dedicated server

Dual core cpu can
    At least 2G memory
    At least 250G HDD
    Bandwidth: 100 Mbps Unmetered (minimum guaranteed 50Mbps) or 1 Gigabit Port 20TB Monthly Transfer
    Free windows 2003 operating system or provide ipmi, I installed the operating system.
    Server Location: USA (preferably on the West Coast or the Midwest)
    Budget: $ 30 / month
    <<removed>>
    Last edited by foobic; 01-15-2014 at 05:23 AM.

That is a tight budget for a dedi server.
    Especially in a reliable and redundant data center.
    You might want to take a look here http://lowendbox.com/category/dedicated-servers/

I suggest you sign up for a VPS instead of a dedicated server. That budget is just too low.
    » www.InstantDedicated.com - Online in no time
    » Dedicated Servers in [EU] Netherlands + Belgium with DAILY support, also on weekends
    » 3.2 Tbit/s Network AS49453 with only 100 Gbit/s uplink backbone
    » 1G/10G/40G/100 Gbit ports available | 99,99% Network Uptime goal

You can try Joe Data Center. They are located in the Midwest.

HI baiduaya, how many is "a lot"?

Is your Windows 03 Legal?

Thanks,

DC

What a waste of time it was reading this post.. It did however give me a chuckle when I got to the last line.

Before posting requests like these perform a google search of "dirt cheap ghetto bottom feeder providers that support unrealistic expectations for almost nothing" or use the Offers Section of this form and do the same.
    Jeremy Kinsey (jer@mia.net) - 262-248-6759
    Dedicated Servers - Web Hosting - Colocation HostDrive.Com
    Since 1997

If you dont't have more money for your desired dedicated server, you have to choose vps instead of dedicated server.

Minimal sum for dedicated server - 50 usd per month, and it will be a minimal configuration at not very good data center.

So, you have to increase your budget, or change mind from dedicated server to VPS.

What exactly are you using these machines for? Perhaps you can get away with less machines however consider higher end machines as well?
    〓〓 RackNerd LLC - Introducing Infrastructure Stability
    〓〓 Dedicated Servers, Private Cloud, DRaaS, Colocation, VPS, DDoS Mitigation, Shared & Reseller Hosting
    〓〓 www.linkedin.com/in/dustincisneros/
    〓〓 My fancy email dustin@racknerd.com

Quote Originally Posted by m4rks View Post
    If you dont't have more money for your desired dedicated server, you have to choose vps instead of dedicated server.

Minimal sum for dedicated server - 50 usd per month, and it will be a minimal configuration at not very good data center.

So, you have to increase your budget, or change mind from dedicated server to VPS.
    I've had dedicated servers @ $50 or under with about a dozen or so US providers. I've also had similar equipment at providers that charge 2x the amount. There usually isn't much of a difference. Maybe if you required 24/7 customer support?

ed: that being said, there's a rather large difference between $30 and $50
    Last edited by Zevus; 01-15-2014 at 10:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zevus View Post
    ed: that being said, there's a rather large difference between $30 and $50
    You bet there is. It's called profit.
    Since 1997

Quote Originally Posted by rasputin View Post
    And 1/3 of that should be to just amp and cooling costs alone
    Hosting And Designs L.L.C. Online Since 2002 --> https://www.hostinganddesigns.com
    Direct sales rep: Lars Jensen 503-999-7518

Quote Originally Posted by Hosting&Designs View Post
    And 1/3 of that should be to just amp and cooling costs alone
    Bingo...

Someone here should start a thread to EDUCATE these dolts about the costs associated with providing these services. Half the battle in this industry is having to UNLEARN potential clients about myths they have been fed about what they think something should cost.

I'd love to walk onto a dealers lot and buy 20 Corvettes for $1000 each, when the reality is that sum total is not even enough to cover the manufacturing cost of ONE!

There are some really ridiculous requests made here and they get more and more ludicrous every day. Try and respond and explain to the OP just how off base they are and your posts get deleted.

Makes you wonder if these are the types of customers the forum owner is going after?
    Since 1997

Bingo...

Someone here should start a thread to EDUCATE these dolts about the costs associated with providing these services. Half the battle in this industry is having to UNLEARN potential clients about myths they have been fed about what they think something should cost.

I'd love to walk onto a dealers lot and buy 20 Corvettes for $1000 each, when the reality is that sum total is not even enough to cover the manufacturing cost of ONE!

There are some really ridiculous requests made here and they get more and more ludicrous every day. Try and respond and explain to the OP just how off base they are and your posts get deleted.

Makes you wonder if these are the types of customers the forum owner is going after?
    O NO. He's on to us!

If you have any question about the moderation just ask us via the helpdesk. I think you just forgot what was posted.
    CloudNexus Technology Services
    Managed Services

Quote Originally Posted by Coolraul View Post
    O NO. He's on to us!

If you have any question about the moderation just ask us via the helpdesk. I think you just forgot what was posted.
    No questions. Just an observation after 14 years here
    Since 1997

yeah, well, while the OP's $30 thing was absurd, I thought the

was rather obnoxious. i've had plenty of $50 dedicated servers that aren't minimal configurations and I havent had any issues with nearly all of them

Also, this:

Bandwidth: 100 Mbps Unmetered (minimum guaranteed 50Mbps) or 1 Gigabit Port 20TB Monthly Transfer

Makes me wonder a bit, since the servers I have running for crapcoin generation transfer maybe 10-20GB a month. The systems shouldnt generate much more heat than any other system. Most of those Xeons are fairly energy efficient, plus you'd have much less hdd read/writing & ram usage(for most types anyway)

i dont really see the need for anything more than 10Mbps with a 100gb limit though

Agree, 10Mbps with a 100gb limit will be enough for this aim. May be in future traffic will increase, but now that's quite good solution.

you can try ovh kimsufi servers or a vps

With that low of a budget, you'll be better off with a VPS. At least you'll receive technical support. Your experience will be much more favorable overall for your budget.

It is customers like this that will be back after 1 month posting about all the issues with their host.

This is the exact reason I would never deal within the budget server range.

Yep, better try to find good server with good support than budget server without any support.

But that's your choice, of course.