reviews on reliablesite.net

Does anyone have anything to say about this company?

I'm looking for people who have been a customer and can tell me about the network performance, up time and etc.

also for power up time and any issues you may or may not had.

What about provisioning time when purchasing a new server?

What about support response time, and phone calls at 3AM?

We used them a few months ago for one of our projects, and we had nothing but good to say about them. The network performance was excellent, low pings to Europe and throughout the U.S. The network on one of the nodes only suffered a few minute outage due to a DDoS attack to another customer within the cabinet, that’s the only network issue we suffered and it was extremely minimal. They managed to fix that issue within minutes. We never suffered a power or network outage. We've bought several servers and they were usually setup within the same day of purchase, even with custom configurations. There was a time where we had a late night hardware failure at 4am, we sent a ticket in and they were on top of it within minutes of it happening. For the price you pay with them, you get nothing but good out of it and I have yet to see a negative review about them.

Quote Originally Posted by Trevor_IBWSolutions View Post
    We used them a few months ago for one of our projects, and we had nothing but good to say about them. The network performance was excellent, low pings to Europe and throughout the U.S. The network on one of the nodes only suffered a few minute outage due to a DDoS attack to another customer within the cabinet, thatís the only network issue we suffered and it was extremely minimal.
    Thanks for a detailed review. So tired of seeing generalities (especially in negative reviews)
    InfoRelay Online Systems, Inc.
    Colocation | Cloud | Data Centers | Bandwidth | Managed Services
    New York / Northern Virginia / Chicago / Dallas / Miami / Los Angeles / San Jose
    www.InfoRelay.com/Services/Data-Centers

I only have a single dedicated server with them, and only for a month, but I am happy so far. Support responses during normal hours are very fast, I had to have them reset their KVM once and it was done in 3 minutes from when I submitted the ticket. Network performance is impressive, for IPv4 they don't have the budget bandwidth providers (HE/Cogent). They use Choopa's network and I've had a dedi with Choopa for a year and a half and it too has been great.

EDIT: See this recent post for some more research: http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=1327147
    Also, RSNET-John is pretty active, even responding to my inquiries via PM.
    Last edited by HackedServer; 01-15-2014 at 10:47 AM.

Bad Experience with ReliableSite.net

I have a differing opinion. This has nothing to do with their network, and it may be in the grey area, but I'm more of the opinion that just because a company "CAN" do something doesn't make it the right thing to do. I had recommended that a client check out ReliableSite.net after doing some research on hosting. The client signed up around the holidays and thought the server came with an installed cpanel. When they found out that the CPanel wasn't installed, they were stuck as they can manage their own sites at least initially but with cpanel only. I get it--Reliablesite is an unmanaged host-- but some unmanaged hosts will install Cpanel for you, so I just told the client to ask if they would. Reliable Site wouldn't install the cpanel. Other issue was that client's login that they were sent by ReliableSite.net didn't work. Wouldn't work to login. So incorrect user name password was sent, so no access to box was possible without writing in to get that corrected.

Login was fixed ..and client was able to login one time, but when they needed to login again --could not access the server as the login wasn't saved or updated in their system and so the server was inaccessible again.

I had shared screens to try to help and connected remotely back then to attempt to assist and I looked at a screenshot of The Reliablesite.net portal system and there were a few shortcomings one of which being if the login was changed, the new data was not stored/updated in their portal which meant that another ticket would have to be opened for the password to be reset etc. So at this point the client was not wanting to have to open tickets to access their new server every time--and still had the issue with Cpanel. I suggested writing to the host to ask if they could possibly get a refund.
    With not being able to login to their server and not having at least a basic Cpanel install, client asked if they could get a refund. An answer came back to client via email. Rep from ReliableSite.net said yes they could have a credit back to their account, and client was very relieved and would have likely moved some other servers over to them in the future after they would have had more time to get a service setup for the management of setting up Cpanel etc.

When the client asked for the credit to be applied back to the original paying account, Reliablesite.net said that they don't offer refunds ..and the offer was only for a service credit which was not clarified in the initial conversation.

Now, having been on both sides of the fence..I know that literally speaking, yes, the host probably doesn't have any set in stone obligation to refund. But if I had setup a unmanaged server and had a situation like this where they couldn't manage the box, couldn't login, and our system wasn't saving the login info which I could see in the portal with the new passwords not being stored, I think in terms of goodwill and future business I would have given them a refund on the box, especially since the client was willing to forfeit part of the initial fee and the box had only been setup for a few hours.

Maybe I'm old school when it comes to these things but I think that doing the right thing is much easier than always trying to get the maximum amount out of every client just because you can. So...lesson learned, client lost hundreds out of pocket never to be recovered and another host helped them out, and will get my referrals from now on. Can't comment about their network, never used it.

Quote Originally Posted by onthego View Post
    I have a differing opinion. This has nothing to do with their network, and it may be in the grey area, but I'm more of the opinion that just because a company "CAN" do something doesn't make it the right thing to do. I had recommended that a client check out ReliableSite.net after doing some research on hosting. The client signed up around the holidays and thought the server came with an installed cpanel. When they found out that the CPanel wasn't installed, they were stuck as they can manage their own sites at least initially but with cpanel only. I get it--Reliablesite is an unmanaged host-- but some unmanaged hosts will install Cpanel for you, so I just told the client to ask if they would. Reliable Site wouldn't install the cpanel. Other issue was that client's login that they were sent by ReliableSite.net didn't work. Wouldn't work to login. So incorrect user name password was sent, so no access to box was possible without writing in to get that corrected.

Login was fixed ..and client was able to login one time, but when they needed to login again --could not access the server as the login wasn't saved or updated in their system and so the server was inaccessible again.

I had shared screens to try to help and connected remotely back then to attempt to assist and I looked at a screenshot of The Reliablesite.net portal system and there were a few shortcomings one of which being if the login was changed, the new data was not stored/updated in their portal which meant that another ticket would have to be opened for the password to be reset etc. So at this point the client was not wanting to have to open tickets to access their new server every time--and still had the issue with Cpanel. I suggested writing to the host to ask if they could possibly get a refund.
    With not being able to login to their server and not having at least a basic Cpanel install, client asked if they could get a refund. An answer came back to client via email. Rep from ReliableSite.net said yes they could have a credit back to their account, and client was very relieved and would have likely moved some other servers over to them in the future after they would have had more time to get a service setup for the management of setting up Cpanel etc.

When the client asked for the credit to be applied back to the original paying account, Reliablesite.net said that they don't offer refunds ..and the offer was only for a service credit which was not clarified in the initial conversation.

Now, having been on both sides of the fence..I know that literally speaking, yes, the host probably doesn't have any set in stone obligation to refund. But if I had setup a unmanaged server and had a situation like this where they couldn't manage the box, couldn't login, and our system wasn't saving the login info which I could see in the portal with the new passwords not being stored, I think in terms of goodwill and future business I would have given them a refund on the box, especially since the client was willing to forfeit part of the initial fee and the box had only been setup for a few hours.

Maybe I'm old school when it comes to these things but I think that doing the right thing is much easier than always trying to get the maximum amount out of every client just because you can. So...lesson learned, client lost hundreds out of pocket never to be recovered and another host helped them out, and will get my referrals from now on. Can't comment about their network, never used it.
    I never had any of those issues with them, I usually kept my information in a encrypted file so I would never need to use the control panel. Thankfully you found someone that suits your needs.

@onthego: It is unfortunate that you/your friend were unsatisfied with ReliableSite but I really don't see much that is their fault. No server by default comes managed or with CPanel, those are almost always added afterwards or with specialized providers. A dedicated server is just that, a server. The only obligation of the provider is to provide you with the server and the initial operating system you arranged, after that, it is all on the client.

Secondly, I am not sure how or why reliablesite would store a password to the server on their portal. If you change it on the server, how is there system supposed to update with it? That would be a huge security issue in my opinion, and I wouldn't want hosts having my passwords if I did not provide it to them. The initial password was a mistake, but mistakes happen and it seems they fixed that easily.

It seems your client is needing a managed cpanel server, not just a dedicated server. Reliablesite provided the service that was ordered, so I don't see them owing a refund. The credit, if they agreed to it, sure, but I don't have all the details.

@OP: Since reliablesite doesn't offer colo, maybe this post would be better off in the dedicated server section. I can say however that Choopa's network is great!

reviews on reliablesite.net

we have been with them for over a year. we have had no problems with them at all. network is flawless!! their support is the best i ever seen!!!!! so to anyone thats looking for a great provider on the east coast they are the ones to look at!!!
    Last edited by Postbox; 01-22-2014 at 07:29 AM.

I've had very good experiences with ReliableSite in hosting my game servers and a few websites before.

The network is awesome - Low latency/pings, good routing, and high speed. With connectivity to Level(3), nLayer, and NTT America combined with peering to providers like ServerCentral, Equinix, etc, you can't go wrong with it in my opinion.

Uptime was pretty good. Network and power never went offline in the 3 months I used their services. One of my servers did have some issues with constant crashing, but it was resolved quickly and efficiently, and I was given compensation.

Overall, an excellent provider. I'd recommend them wholeheartedly, especially if you're looking for an excellent host for low-latency / high-speed applications.

I have been with reliablesite for about a yr and half and I have nothing but good things to say about them.

Uptime is great. The network is top notch no cogent in the blend.

The support is awesome they always answer your tickets within minutes.

They are always willing to work with you the best they can. John and they team at reliable are great. Only mistake you can do is not use them.
    Remember when ordering a server from a new company use a Credit Card. Paypal will not refund your money if you get scammed.

All these positive experiences must be why all their non-highend servers are out of stock. I hope they keep it in mind that being good to their customers and not cutting corners is drawing them a lot of business.

Thededicated servers are expected to be available again after 1st of February , at least we were told that.
    QHoster.com - Web Hosting with DDoS Protection | Shared & Reseller in Europe/North America
    Linux/Windows RDP VPS 13 Locations : UK, US (5 states), Mexico, Canada, Bulgaria, Lithuania,
    Italy, France, Germany,Netherlands, Switzerland, Rissia, Singapore | OpenVPN/PPTP Enabled
    INSTANT | PayPal, Skrill, Payza, Bitcoin, WebMoney, Perfect Money, Ukash, CashU, paysafecard

Thank you everyone for all of the positive reviews! It's great to hear from our customers.

Quote Originally Posted by HackedServer View Post
    All these positive experiences must be why all their non-highend servers are out of stock. I hope they keep it in mind that being good to their customers and not cutting corners is drawing them a lot of business.
    Quote Originally Posted by WebHostDog View Post
    Thededicated servers are expected to be available again after 1st of February , at least we were told that.
    The holidays really set us back, we received about triple the amount of orders that we expected, which typically isn't a problem, but all of our parts deliveries were significantly delayed and we were falling behind on orders very quickly.

We're just taking this time to restock, staff up, prepare additional data center space, and of course continue to further upgrade our panel.

Just a few changes over the past month in the panel:
    -Server details have a lot more information on the server, items are laid out clearer, there's a lot more "help text" to help end users and reduce support load on our resellers.

-This one has been a long time coming, but the billing and support portal (finally) have a single login. Your user/pass for the billing and support system will now always be synced.

Coming soon:
    -Managing null routes within the panel, you will be able to add/remove them without having to contact us.

-Support portal integration, this will allow us to service you even faster since tickets can be linked directly to servers and other nifty stuff.

-Billing portal integration, this feature will simply give you more information in one place and will allow you to upgrade individual items on the server without having to open tickets with billing first.

It's going to be a great 2014!
    ReliableSite.Net LLC - Offering Enterprise Grade Dedicated Servers Since 2006 [New York City metro / Miami, FL]
    Customers are our #1 priority - Read Our Reviews
    Looking to switch providers? We have amazing deals and a 10 minute setup time! Click here to view incredible deals.

Managing null routes within the panel, you will be able to add/remove them without having to contact us.
    thats what im talking about!!!!