Exclamation Need managed VPS with VNC

Hey all,

I need a VPS server and I was hoping I can get pointed in the right direction. My ONLY requirements for the server is that it is managed and will come installed (or will be installed for me) with a VNC server so I can login with my vnc viewer. The only thing that will be done on this server is a web browser like firefox will be used for standard web browsing a couple times a day.

Absolutely no emails, no bandwidth intensive tasks, no large file storage, no domains, nothing! Just browsing the internet.

I'm looking for a USA server with good uptime,responsive support and hopefully <$20 a month or so.

Any recommendations?

you can install vnc with graphic interface easily or want hoster to install it,if you need a vps just for browsing not need managed server!
    ServerSub.com - Managed and Unmanaged Virtual & Dedicated Server|XenServer Windows & Linux VPS
    - New York City|Miami|Singapore|Hong Kong|UK|Netherlands|Germany|France|Canada​|Lithuania|Dallas
    - VPS and Dedicated Servers in 11 Global location 100% Pure SSD Reseller & Shared Host
    cPanel NOC| Microsoft SPLA| PayPal, Credit Card, Bitcoin, Skrill, Payza, WebMoney, PerfectMoney Accepted!

I realize I can install it myself. But I am not well versed in the using SSH. It took me half an hour to install firefox, last time I tried to do something like that! I would want the hosting company to do it for me.

The reason I thought I need managed is that I know every once in a while there is a random bug or problem ,so I would need them to fix it. For example, on one VPS I have used in the past, every couple weeks the internet browser would stop working and its always because somehow the resolv.conf would be reset. So they would have to go in and fix it ( I wouldn't know where to start).

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by socialpro15 View Post
    I realize I can install it myself. But I am not well versed in the using SSH. It took me half an hour to install firefox, last time I tried to do something like that! I would want the hosting company to do it for me.

The reason I thought I need managed is that I know every once in a while there is a random bug or problem ,so I would need them to fix it. For example, on one VPS I have used in the past, every couple weeks the internet browser would stop working and its always because somehow the resolv.conf would be reset. So they would have to go in and fix it ( I wouldn't know where to start).

Thanks
    so why you don't use windows vps for browsing? normally managed services comes with an admin panel for example cPanel / DirectAdmin which used for hosting.
    you can do some things such as mentioned errors by yourself if you have access to root or vnc.
    ServerSub.com - Managed and Unmanaged Virtual & Dedicated Server|XenServer Windows & Linux VPS
    - New York City|Miami|Singapore|Hong Kong|UK|Netherlands|Germany|France|Canada​|Lithuania|Dallas
    - VPS and Dedicated Servers in 11 Global location 100% Pure SSD Reseller & Shared Host
    cPanel NOC| Microsoft SPLA| PayPal, Credit Card, Bitcoin, Skrill, Payza, WebMoney, PerfectMoney Accepted!

Quote Originally Posted by ServerSub View Post
    so why you don't use windows vps for browsing? normally managed services comes with an admin panel for example cPanel / DirectAdmin which used for hosting.
    you can do some things such as mentioned errors by yourself if you have access to root or vnc.
    While I physically CAN install VNC myself and troubleshoot errors myself(regardless of OS), the point is I don't have the time and that is why my requirements are what they are.

Any suggestions on hosting companies that will meet my requirements?

Good luck finding a managed host for under $20/mo. Soladrive.com and KnownHost.com takes from $25 and up for a managed server.
    But if you are going to use VNC you need a GUI OS.

If I was you, I have tried out winity.io (from the people behind backupsy.com) and their $7/mo offer they have now (look here)
    It's a Windows VPS, and you can use both VNC server or just use Remote Desktop.
    I'm sure you don't need management on a Windows VPS. It just work.
    I use kind of a VPS every day, with Windows Server 2012 (I'm using a virtual server at my home server) and I'm always using Firefox. No issues at all.

So save your money, go for winity.io and try it out. I'm sure you will manage just fine.
    My Top 20 benchmark list (and review site)