Hybrid View

Leaseweb has denied to change IP that is blacklisted

Hello guys,

Today I received my 1st server from leaseweb.
    And since first minutes has been an nightmare.

1. The server that they delivered me have the wrong specs.
    I ordered an Hexa-Core Xeon E5-2420 and they said me:
    "Unfortunately, we run out of stock on the HP DL380eG8/2x Intel Xeon E5-2420, so therefore as an exception I have processed your order with an IBM x3650 M4/2x Intel Hexa-Core Xeon E5-2620 for the same price"
    I didnt mind because have a better CPU but lets say that I prefer HP instead, but moving on... I said ok to IBM.
    Today they delivered the server with 16GB RAM instead of 48GB that I ordered, SATA hard disks instead of the 4xSSD that I ordered, etc... etc... etc...

2- About the IP given to me, is blacklisted and that is not good.
    l2.apews.org Listed!
    IP allocations to providers with a bad reputation

I created a ticket about this issue and someone on support as denied to give me an clean IP.
    That is a negative point to leaseweb. I already worked with lots of web hosting in all of them, including OVH, never denied to give me a new IP to their clients when they ask them (If blacklisted).
    They said me:
    "I am sorry to inform you, we can not simply give you another ip
    address. I want to point out the fact the listing on apews.org is from 2005 and apews never unlists ip addresses.
    As you might know ipv4 addresses are getting scarce and if we stop using all ip addresses witch has been blacklisted once in the past 10 years there would be very little left"

I'm not interested in having a blacklisted IP.

Can you please tell me If is possible to refund my money back as this is my 1st day (as I received the server today and I'm not happy with their services?)

If was you, what do you do? Did you stay with the bad IP?

Waiting for your reply, thanks!

Regards,
    Tim

I would demand a refund and go to another provider if they cannot provide you with clean ips. It is not your problem the ip is blacklisted, it is their problem.
    Steven Ciaburri | Industry's Best Server Management - Rack911.com
    Software Auditing - 400+ Vulnerabilities Found - Quote @ https://www.RACK911Labs.com
    Fully Managed Dedicated Servers (Las Vegas, New York City, & Amsterdam) (AS62710)
    FreeBSD & Linux Server Management, Security Auditing, Server Optimization, PCI Compliance

Thank you buddy! I will...

I've had the "pleasure" to receive servers from Leaseweb with IPs blacklisted by some RBLs, SpamHaus included. I contacted the RBL, said I just got the IP, and they unblocked. Spent 5 minutes and had my server.

As for them delivering the wrong server, it's my experience that Leaseweb support people have trouble reading tickets. They will help you, they'll even go the extra mile to help in some occasions, but you'll often have to repeat yourself.

You prefer HP instead of IBM? That is strange, IBM should be a more expensive server. Are you sure they gave you a IBM server?

If you just ordered the server and the IP is blacklisted its clearly not your fault. This is not acceptable, they should change the IP or process a refund. Its their responsibility to keep their IPs clean and not blacklisted, they cannot assign a new order a blacklisted IP just because their abuse team or network admins did not do their jobs right.

Why should you as customer pay for their mistakes.

It's an interesting thing to consider, regarding blacklisted IPs. I mean, how long would these sites keep them listed, since they'll eventually be used by some other (unsuspecting) user? And the original abuser would have since moved on to a new IP anyways?.?
    John Rasri
    Private Label Live Chat Provider For Resellers
    GotLiveChat.com
    White Label/Brand-able live chat software solutions

No one uses ASPEWS blacklist anyway since they do not have a way to get your IP unblacklisted. They are a dinosaur that refuses to change so no one uses them.

If the rest of the RBL's are clean then you should be ok.

I typically check my IP's with http://multirbl.valli.org/ since it checks just about every reputable blacklist out their.

I wouldn't sweat the APEWS listing.

I agree, most people donīt even know APEWS and nobody uses them.

Hello Divvy,

We apologies for the inconvenience caused. Having reviewed your account and the flow of activities, we express our regret for the service provided and for not meeting your expectations.

One of my colleagues from Customer Relations will get in contact with you personally, to correct the mishaps and meet your below requests today. Kindly accept our apologies.

Regards,
    LeaseWeb

Quote Originally Posted by Divvy View Post
    Today I received my 1st server from leaseweb.And since first minutes has been an nightmare.

I'm not interested in having a blacklisted IP.

Can you please tell me If is possible to refund my money back as this is my 1st day (as I received the server today and I'm not happy with their services?)

If was you, what do you do? Did you stay with the bad IP?

I wouldn't say no one uses APEWS, there are still dinosaur admins who do use it. We get legitimate blocked email tickets from time to time regarding APEWS.

SORBS is the same way, yet people still use it.
    Steven Ciaburri | Industry's Best Server Management - Rack911.com
    Software Auditing - 400+ Vulnerabilities Found - Quote @ https://www.RACK911Labs.com
    Fully Managed Dedicated Servers (Las Vegas, New York City, & Amsterdam) (AS62710)
    FreeBSD & Linux Server Management, Security Auditing, Server Optimization, PCI Compliance

l2.apews.org Listed!
    IP allocations to providers with a bad reputation
    APEWS can safely be ignored.
    hostingcove.com | Tennessee Based Hosting Provider.
    cPanel Shared & Reseller Hosting - Domain Names
    Join thousands of happy customers. Secure & Stable
    HeroicVPS Premium KVM VPS. Ashburn / Phoenix