Webfaction hosting

Hi everybody,

I need a little info about webfaction hosting? www-webfaction.com

Does anybody hosts there, what's your opinion about their service and all.

Thanks in advance.

I don't know to much about them but searching their name on WHT brings up a review from 2010 saying that they are good and reliable that was four years from now who knows what their service is like. Probably good they been in business for sometime now. Try contacting them on your behalf and get some answers you would like from them.

Quote Originally Posted by LuxuryServers View Post
    I don't know to much about them but searching their name on WHT brings up a review from 2010 saying that they are good and reliable that was four years from now who knows what their service is like. Probably good they been in business for sometime now. Try contacting them on your behalf and get some answers you would like from them.
    Yeah, I've found that too.

I did contact them, but will you say to me, something like "Yeah, I'm very bad in this and that", ofc you'll not.

Need a third opinion on this.

Ask them tricky questions that will get you information you want to hear. Things like when was your last outage is what I would ask.

Like where are their servers located. What's allowed on them . What's the amount of CPU each account shares . Even read through their terms of service find anything confusing and ask them about it . Then see how long it takes them to respond to thaw questions you may ask them and see how good their responses are .

Hopefully someone else can come into this thread that had experience or still is with them and let us know how their service truly is.

Quote Originally Posted by LuxuryServers View Post
    Ask them tricky questions that will get you information you want to hear. Things like when was your last outage is what I would ask.

Like where are their servers located. What's allowed on them . What's the amount of CPU each account shares . Even read through their terms of service find anything confusing and ask them about it . Then see how long it takes them to respond to thaw questions you may ask them and see how good their responses are .

Hopefully someone else can come into this thread that had experience or still is with them and let us know how their service truly is.
    Yeah I agree with this. Before I started running my own business, and use to buy web hosts, I would do this. It can give you a good insight into what they are like. Some companies can't even answer basic questions about their own packages - This isn't a good sign! Have you tried Googling for reviews? There are so many review sites out there.

Hope this helps!
    Ross

I've been using WebFaction since early 2009 and love it. Their control panel isn't as "feature rich" as your typical cPanel offerings, but I find it to be very effective for developer use and it does everything I need. They were one of the first to offer a true "one click" install for popular developer tools (Django, Wordpress, Node.js, etc) before that became more common among developer hosting. I mostly make WordPress websites and it takes me about 30 seconds to have a new site up and running.

I don't have any super popular sites so I can't speak to their reliability in high traffic scenarios, but it's definitely worth the $9.95/month.

I am also hosting with webfaction since last 5 months for my wordpress site. and i must tell you that their service are up to the mark. Servers are very fast (hosted on singapore server), uptime is great (last month uptime was 99.91% according to pingdom report for my site). Only you fill face problem if you are migrating from cpanel to their own designed custom panel. But believe me it will hardly take 1-2 hr to learn their panel.

In my point of view their are providing vps like service with the price of shared hosting.

hello. I bought their hosting a month ago. And paid for the whole year. In 30 days I have installed dozen of wordpress sites, few simple html/css sites and for now, everything works just fine. But its only a month, so I will more time to see how their server will behave when traffic start to rise in a upcoming months. Their panel is lil bit different than cPanel, so there is that learning curve, but after couple of hours, you know how to do things. Other thing that IMO is very important is their online support. First, they are relly fast with answering, second, their answer are very short but productive. It means, what you ask, you will get it. Thats my two cents. I mean, I opened this topic, so I should give some thoughts about it, when I already bought their services.

Never

Ive never even heard of it

Quote Originally Posted by wprescott View Post
    Ive never even heard of it
    Well, now you know.

You really should try hosting with them. Like I've said in a previous post, their support is awesome and that's something what is really important in this type of business. When you have some problems with the server, if you cant to talk with anybody, then how you can resolve your problem!?

For 9.95$ per month, you got a lot of disk storage, bandwith and little different panel. They're not using cPanel, they have their own special panel, which you need some time to understand it how it works and everything. When I say you need time, it's like 1-2 hrs and voila, you will be a master of your domain.

I'm more than satisfied with the whole thing that they giving me for that money.

Quote Originally Posted by TPLS View Post
    I'm more than satisfied with the whole thing that they giving me for that money.
    What domain do you host with them? You can let us know privately here if you prefer. Thanks!
    There's no such thing as an unmanaged server - It's actually self-managed. Worth remembering next time you're looking for someone to complain to.
    DATA VALUATION SERVICE: Your data's value is linked directly to your backup strategy. If YOU don't have your own backups then YOU value your data at ZERO. So why should anyone else care when you lose it?

i am also hosting with webfaction. Before hosting with them i have tried some other comapnies like hostgator india, inmotion, stablehost and eleven2 and among all of them i found webfaction is superb.

Quote Originally Posted by loveerulz View Post
    i am also hosting with webfaction. Before hosting with them i have tried some other comapnies like hostgator india, inmotion, stablehost and eleven2 and among all of them i found webfaction is superb.
    Ok, what is your domain hosted with them?
    Specially 4 You
    JoneSolutions.Com ( Jones.Solutions ) is on the net 24/7 providing stable and reliable web hosting solutions and services since 2001

Quote Originally Posted by net View Post
    Ok, what is your domain hosted with them?
    Here is one of my domain hosted on webfaction : www dot bargainbefore dot com