Looking for host with guaranteed response time?

Could someone please recommend a host that has guaranteed ticket response time-- 15 minutes or 30 minutes? I work the night shift and I like to blog at night time. I don't want to sit around waiting for a response when instances happen overnight.

I'm checking the offers section, but if someone has experience with a host that offers guaranteed response time and they offer stability, I'd appreciate you posting the company name here.

Most good hosting provider reply within 15-30 minutes and have 24 X 7 support. You should short list few providers and search for their reviews before making final decision. Bad time can come with any host.

With support you should also consider host which provide stability. Less problem means less support is required.
    YagHost - Fast Reliable Hosting Since 2009
    Managed VPS - NVMe DirectAdmin
    Web Hosting - NVMe SSD, AMD EPYC, 10 Gbps (US, Europe, Singapore)

The problem I'm finding with "average" is that during the night time it turns in to 1 hour+.

I am with a very reputable company now. I've e-mailed them twice over night and tonight took over an hour and the last time took 2+ hours.

Quote Originally Posted by YagHost-Ravi View Post
    Most good hosting provider reply within 15-30 minutes and have 24 X 7 support.
    NO! No, no, no, no no!

"Most hosts" claim this, but very few deliver. Any that make "guarantees" are just as useless, as there's no punishment for them if they do not follow through.

Overnight it gets even worse.

Stablehost, Site5, Arvixe and EuroVPS are some of the only hosts that truly have 30 minute max ticket response times (the issue may take longer, depending on what it is).

If you're coming from a crappy EIG-owned host (Hostgator, Bluehost, etc), realize that you won't need tech support anywhere near as much as you used to. Why? Well, those hosts suck and their servers are full of errors. A better host won't have those issues.
    || Need a good host?
    || See my Suggested Hosts List || Editorial: EIG/Site5/Arvixe/Hostgator Alternatives
    ||

I'm coming from one of the hosts you mentioned above....

The problem is now fixed.. I Think I might stay. I'm just impatient LoL! I hopped on tonight, wanted to blog and my site was down. I just hated sitting around for over an hour without knowing what was going on :-/
    Last edited by BoxFly; 01-13-2014 at 03:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by GeeksHosted View Post
    The problem is now fixed.. I Think I might stay.
    Sounds good
    YagHost - Fast Reliable Hosting Since 2009
    Managed VPS - NVMe DirectAdmin
    Web Hosting - NVMe SSD, AMD EPYC, 10 Gbps (US, Europe, Singapore)

I'm coming from one of the hosts you mentioned above....

The problem is now fixed.. I Think I might stay. I'm just impatient LoL! I hopped on tonight, wanted to blog and my site was down. I just hated sitting around for over an hour without knowing what was going on :-/
    At EIG, nothing is ever fixed. You'll have downtime again. I'm willing to bet good money on it. Why? It's a safe bet, not even a gamble. Problems there are frequent.

Move to a better host while you can.

If you don't .... see you again in a few weeks.
    || Need a good host?
    || See my Suggested Hosts List || Editorial: EIG/Site5/Arvixe/Hostgator Alternatives
    ||

Quote Originally Posted by kpmedia View Post
    At EIG, nothing is ever fixed. You'll have downtime again. I'm willing t bet good money. Why? It's a safe bet, not even a gamble.

Move to a better host while you can.
    I meant that I am with one of the hosts that you mentioned that almost has a 30-minute guaranteed response time. I guess I'll just have to understand that during the night if I run in to problems, response time may be 1 - 3 hours.

I meant that I am with one of the hosts that you mentioned that almost has a 30-minute guaranteed response time. I guess I'll just have to understand that during the night if I run in to problems, response time may be 1 - 3 hours.
    If you are with a reputed provider, whether it is night or day, they will try to keep their response times properly. The response time problems which you have explained might be odd issues; though I am not sure. If you repeatedly get these kind of response times during night time, raise a complaint and tell them to escalate it to their manager. Otherwise, if there is a direct way to get in touch with one of their managers, use that option. A reputed company would always address the issue and correct it.
    Michael
    CliffSupport - At the Cliff of Technical Support
    Affordable Server Management Solutions
    Complete Server Management | sales AT cliffsupport DOT com

It also depends on what it is. Some issues require a server admin, and those are never 24/7. Some are not support issues either, but instead sales. Most hosts prioritize questions as well. For example, a person with site downtime get help faster than somebody with something that was never covered anyway (WordPress issue, etc).

So it really depends on the exact question.
    || Need a good host?
    ||

Could someone please recommend a host that has guaranteed ticket response time-- 15 minutes or 30 minutes?
    Hi!

If you're looking for the speediest response time, I'd suggest checking out LiquidHost. Never in my entire hosting history have I seen that fast response, no matter how urgent your issue is. In almost all my cases the response time was a couple of minutes max. I don't think they actually guarantee the response time, but it is incredibly fast.

sash
    kept alive by vertaalbureau

Replying to the thread and not everyone trashing EIG.

I am not sure of any host that can guarantee a response time. Like said, most good host will have a reply within 30 minutes to you. Check the reviews here and have a chat with the host you are looking at to see if they can provide you with what you are looking for.
    HostClearly.com
    HostClearly Web Hosting
    #WeAreYourBussinessPartner
    Shared, Reseller, and VPS Hosting since 2010!

Host Geography may be the solution

Most technical people and most higher level support types work the day shift. As do almost all billing and sales types. Since you like to blog and need support at night find a provider (perhaps a newer smaller one) where it is daytime during your active hours so your tickets go to people actively working and not waking up the only tech on standby at 4:00am local time.

Example: right now it is about 1:00am in New York City. Most of my support guys are asleep. It is 2:00pm in Singapore I suspect most support guys are in their offices.

Well, I'm up until late hours working tickets, chat etc. But to be honest, guarantees for response time isn't worth anything. They can always have a bot respond X minutes after the ticket was put in saying they are looking into the issue, when in reality nobody even knew the ticket was in and then it finally is looked at later. Technically its a response.. Either way, just look for a quality host with decent support, and if they have live chat. Try it out at night before you buy just to see.
    Winged Hosting LLC | Reliable Web Hosting! | Personal Support!| Inexpensive quality alternatives
    █Personalized 24/7 Support! | Up to 30 Day Money Back
    █Learn More About Us!

Graveyard shift can be slow at times for many different businesses especially when it comes to web hosting because some nights no tickets or support requests would come in and there would be nothing to do as to other nights depending on how the server wants to act then it would be busy or not with support inquires.

Depending in the issue some hosts may take long also priority comes into consideration with some hosts . It can feel very bad knowing your sites are not online and you don't even know why they are not online and then on the top of it all you have to wait in a reply from your host it's like waiting for Christmas when it's only a few days away..

Well I switched providers today. I left StableHost after being with them for a month and went back to HawkHost. I've been with HawkHost before and never had issues. (why didn't I just go back to them then? LoL I don't know! Maybe it was because StableHost had more disk space for only the extra $5/year I paid.) but I'm back now.

I e-mailed HawkHost tonight because I wanted to get my username changed back to what it used to be and they responded within minutes :-)

Well I switched providers today. I left StableHost after being with them for a month and went back to HawkHost. I've been with HawkHost before and never had issues. (why didn't I just go back to them then? LoL I don't know! Maybe it was because StableHost had more disk space for only the extra $5/year I paid.) but I'm back now.

I e-mailed HawkHost tonight because I wanted to get my username changed back to what it used to be and they responded within minutes :-)
    Did you have an issue with our service? I'd like to look into your account and see what happened.

There was a DDoS attack on SSD15. From my understanding, these are out of control by the hosting provider :-/ so I don't think it's anything you could have done. I just decided to go back to HawkHost since I never had problems with them before. (Not saying it couldn't happen to me today on my new server with them.) I see you guys are a fine company here on WHT... I guess it was just a personal choice

There was a DDoS attack on SSD15. From my understanding, these are out of control by the hosting provider :-/ so I don't think it's anything you could have done. I just decided to go back to HawkHost since I never had problems with them before. (Not saying it couldn't happen to me today on my new server with them.) I see you guys are a fine company here on WHT... I guess it was just a personal choice
    Yeah, SSD15 was down for 20 or 30 minutes during a massive DDOS attack which affected one of our shared pools. Nothing we can do about that, every provider deals with them every month. Thankfully we don't get them very often and usually have the bandwidth to get around them.

Trouble with DDoS and shared infra's, is once a server(s) gets attacked, all on board are likely to suffer. I'm not sure that's exactly what happened to you and everyone else on the victimized resource, but if you ever become the target of a flood yourself, it may be wise to procure external DDoS protection or look for protected hosting.

Could someone please recommend a host that has guaranteed ticket response time-- 15 minutes or 30 minutes? I work the night shift and I like to blog at night time. I don't want to sit around waiting for a response when instances happen overnight.

I'm checking the offers section, but if someone has experience with a host that offers guaranteed response time and they offer stability, I'd appreciate you posting the company name here.
    You may need a proactive support that comes usually with private and dedicated servers.

Or if your host doesn't help you, you can also setup something useful like Monit to avoid the need to ask the customer support for help if some services stop running.
    Last edited by Emohost; 01-14-2014 at 12:01 PM. Reason: typo