Is my Dedicated Server good enough for what I need?

I own a site with a members area which has a video and photo gallery run by Wordpress and Piwigo.

My videos are currently around 100MB each in MP4, H264 coded.

Visitors can stream and download the videos and also can view photo albums.

I have about 10 people maximum at any one time in the members area at peak.

I currently have the following dedicated server:

Linux - CentOs 6.5 X64
    Intel Xeon E3 1230v3
    16GB DDR3
    1TB Hard Drive
    1GBPS Port

Do you think that this server is enough to cope? If not what do you think needs to be changed

Thank you for all your help in advance

You may bottleneck your 1TB drive depending on its RPM.. You should be fine if it stays at 10.
    █ Skype da_arco

Its a 7200RPM SATA 3 1TB Hard Drive.

What do you recommend?

Thank You

Dual HDD in RAID 1 might be more beneficial, even 4 drives in RAID 10 would be good. Alternatively go for SSD or SAS drives if possible.

Iowa, U.S.
    RAID-10 would be a good thing to look into if you plan on expanding to more viewers. SAS or almost any modern SSD would probably do very well for streaming media.

United States
    The server should give you plenty of power for what you are looking to do, but as others mentioned that 1 TB drive may become a bottleneck. A high storage SSD would be quite expensive. I would recommend either putting SATA or SAS disks into a RAID config.
    Snoork Hosting - Enterprise Servers | DDoS Protected Network
    99.9% Network Uptime | 15 Minute Ticket Response Time | 24/7 Live Chat
    Check Out Our Dedicated Server Specials For Amazing Discounts & Promotions

It is probably quite read-intensive - so the more read you can throw at it the better - so minimal costs - migrate from what you have to raid1 and you will see improvements. Beyond that, you could go to Raid10 or SSD drives.
    CPanel Shared and Reseller Hosting, OpenVZ VPS Hosting. West Coast (LA) Servers and Nodes
    Running Linux since 1.0.8 Kernel!
    Providing Internet Services since 1995 and Hosting Since 2004

Try to Add 1 SSD for will be good.
    Web Host Fly - Fly with us!
    █ Shared Hosting, Reseller Hosting and cheap Dedicated Servers!
    100% Up-time | 60 Minute Hardware Replacement | 24x7x365 Support | cPanel Managed Server

Dhaka, Bangladesh.
    its is good. but if you grow then consider ssd's for faster speed. 10users at same time should not be a problem in sata disk.

With 10 users you should be good, see your HDD IOPs. Regular 7200RPM drives should allow around 110 random read operations per second. For Video streaming HDDs are able to use read ahead, so you should be good for now. - dedicated servers for your business
    Dedicated Servers, Disaster Recovery, IaaS & More.
    ✓ 24x7 h/w Support & Server Monitoring
    ✓ 21-day Money-back Guarantee

Quote Originally Posted by jaydul View Post
    Try to Add 1 SSD for will be good.
    Database is not likely to be the bottleneck on a server that's streaming video files for only 10 users at a time.

+1 for RAID 1 or for faster performance RAID 10. SSDs are another option, but depends on the total size of the files. Big SSDs get expensive.

I would suggest you implement HW RAID 10 with 4 x 500GB or 4 x 1TB 7200 RPM SATA if you can. You need to balance your speed requirements with your storage requirements. Another, non raid solution to look at is implementing a memory caching proxy on the node. This way repeated requests for the video files would go straight from memory for subsequent hits bypassing disk activity. Just some food for thought.
    PCLHS | SAS70 Datacenters in New Jersey/Texas
    100TB Dedicated Servers 1U - Full Cab Colocation Complex Hosting Horizontally Scalable Hosting DR/HA Hosting Public and Private Clouds Web Farms Innovative, Reliable, and Responsive
    Contact Us E: mark [at] | W:

Dallas, TX
    Sorry, but ignore all the fear mongering here. If you can't get 10 concurrent users on that machine spec then you're doing something very very wrong. That spec is more than enough for 10 concurrent users of a video type site.
    Dallas Colocation by Incero
    e: sales(at)incero(dot)com 855.217.COLO (2656)
    Colocation & Enterprise Servers, SATA/SAS/SSD, secure IPMI/KVM remote control, 100% U.S.A. Based Staff
    SSAE 16, SAS70, Redundant Power & Network, Fully Diverse Fiber