Looking for Canadian based premium VPS

Hi,
    I'm looking for a Canadian based VPS preferably somewhere in West coast as we're mainly connecting from Asia.

Business requirements: must be in business for at least 2 years with generally good reputation (not OVH, not Hetzner), preferably non-US company.
    HW requirement: 2 cores+, 2 GB RAM+, HDD 100 GB+
    Network: 100Mbps+, 500 GB+ bandwidth (warning emails, no additional billing)
    software: Debian 7, Ubuntu 12.04 LTS, unlimited reinstalls
    IP v4: at best own block /29 so I can put my contact info inside or at least non-spammy neighborhood (hello OVH!)
    support: reply within a few hours tops when something goes wrong on their HW or network
    network/hw uptime: 99.99+%
    budget: 100 USD/month - SLA "good reviews so far, no guarantees"
    or up to 200 USD/month with actually enforceable SLA.

We currently use OVH and the experience is very poor - support is almost non-existent and they can't keep their SLA even on their premium VPS Cloud service so we want to leave them.

Thanks!

I know Myhosting.com is based in Canada. Meet your 2 year requirement.
    My Top 20 benchmark list (and review site)
    Powered by: Kimsufi, backed up by: Hetzner, DigitalOcean and Vultr.com
    Also using
    SolaDrive.com (45+ months), KnownHost.com (45+ months)

Why CA

What are you hoping to gain by hosting only in CA that a US provider couldn't give you?

Quote Originally Posted by Honza007 View Post
    Hi,
    I'm looking for a Canadian based VPS preferably somewhere in West coast as we're mainly connecting from Asia.
    for the west coast (pretty much only Vancouver) - take a look at astute hosting or peer1

Quote Originally Posted by dcvps View Post
    What are you hoping to gain by hosting only in CA that a US provider couldn't give you?
    theres a lot - and to be honest, I think most of it is based on myth. we were a Canadian company with a Dallas location for over 10 years before we gave up the fight and opened a Toronto location

there is a certain segment out there that will not host in the US - and that segment is especially large in Canada, as many companies simply will not accommodate their data leaving Canada (perceived or real doesnt really matter)

Myhosting.com
    I can tell you from experience don't go there. Its not great. They love to sell but don't support their product.

I wish I could recommend a good Canadian VPS provider. I have yet to find one.
    Three out of four people make up 75 percent of the population

Thanks guys for your input - I'm in talks with peer1.com, though their solution is about 10x more expensive than competition (OVH, Hetzner, Leaseweb and the others). If we reach an agreement I will report back after some time what's their service like...

Also if anyone is willing to share his though I would be happy to have as much input on more providers and above mentioned providers as possible.

Check with ezp.net; their servers are colocated in Peer1, Vancouver. Also they are Canadian host.

Quote Originally Posted by cartika-andrew View Post
    for the west coast (pretty much only Vancouver) - take a look at astute hosting or peer1
    Thanks for the nod Andrew We're not currently offering any VPS services specifically ourselves, but we have a number of clients in Vancouver that do.

Quote Originally Posted by Honza007 View Post
    Thanks guys for your input - I'm in talks with peer1.com, though their solution is about 10x more expensive than competition (OVH, Hetzner, Leaseweb and the others). If we reach an agreement I will report back after some time what's their service like...
    Just to note that PEER1 only offers co-location and bandwidth in Vancouver. You'd be looking at their Toronto location for their cloud offerings.
    ASTUTE HOSTING: Advanced, customized, and scalable solutions with AS54527 Premium Canadian Optimized Network (Level3, PEER1, Shaw, Tinet)
    MicroServers.io: Enterprise Dedicated Hardware with IPMI at VPS-like Prices using AS63213 Affordable Bandwidth (Cogent, HE, Tinet)
    Dedicated Hosting, Colo, Bandwidth, and Fiber out of Vancouver, Seattle, LA, Toronto, NYC, and Miami

Quote Originally Posted by hhw View Post
    Just to note that PEER1 only offers co-location and bandwidth in Vancouver. You'd be looking at their Toronto location for their cloud offerings.
    From what I am aware of, is that their "Mission Critical Cloud" is offered in Vancouver as well.

http://www.peer1.com/cloud-hosting/m...critical-cloud
    FullHost.com PRETECS NETWORKS INC.
    Shared Hosting | Reseller Hosting | VPS | Managed VPS | SSL Certificates
    24/7 Support
    Servers in Toronto & Vancouver, Canada