Cloudflare vs Rackspace

Hey

I am hosting my website is hosted with BlueHost and I am using CloudFlare for my CDN but I saw that some people are saying Rackspace free and also good so what do you think? which one is better and makes my website faster?

Thanks

Personally I like CloudFlare CDN because of their DDoS protection. I can't tell you which one is faster though but that protection is a plus for me.

Never Tried Rackspace CDN, Using/Offering CloudFlare and really liked the service they are offering. Still A+ Choice as Freeware.
    ☆☆ AskForHost Web Hosting☆☆
    ►►Buffalo NY USA, Dallas USA, Amsterdam NL EU, London UK EU based Shared and Reseller Web Hosting◄◄
    ►►
    Affordable VPS and Dedicated Server Provider◄◄

i also using CloudFlare CDN some of web sites , but not try rackspace yet, i think paid is much good then free but need some experience which using rackspace

Rackspace isn't free... Rackspace is a premium brand...
    I have no sig to spam.

CloudFlare is good, but certain regions of the world experience slowness and connection issues from personal experience. I have used RackSpace in the past and I have to say its excellent!

You do get DDoS protection with CloudFlare though and all of the other goodies
    Snoork Hosting - Enterprise Servers | DDoS Protected Network
    99.9% Network Uptime | 15 Minute Ticket Response Time | 24/7 Live Chat
    Check Out Our Dedicated Server Specials For Amazing Discounts & Promotions

Post Hi,

Quote Originally Posted by Snoork Hosting View Post
    CloudFlare is good, but certain regions of the world experience slowness and connection issues from personal experience. I have used RackSpace in the past and I have to say its excellent!

You do get DDoS protection with CloudFlare though and all of the other goodies
    Some latency could most certainly be present in parts of the world where don't have POPs just yet. Sorry about that...a huge increase in data center location is happening to the network this year.
    CloudFlare Community Evangelist

CloudFlare is awesome, never used RackSpace though.

We're using CloudFlare as well, so far so good!
    We Have Generated Over 7 Million cPanel Backups Come Dance Together With Us Y'all!
    Offer Your Own Backup Hosting Service - SiteAutoBackup.Com (Private Label / WHMCS Ready)
    WebHostingBusinessBook.Com | YouTube.com/WebHostingTutorial | NowOpenOnline.Com

I agree CloudFlare is good. I need to look into Rackspace some more.

Cloud flare gives you a nice ddos protection bonus which I am unsure if rack space is providing. The only way for it to be dropped and for problems to occur is if someone had l7 attacks that could reach the hundreds of thousands. Their CDN is fairly nice and I like the responsiveness. I haven't seen a host use rack space as a CDN yet so I can't say for sure what is good or bad at racks pace.

+1 vote for Cloudflare with CDN.

i guess most of us use Cloudflare. But, is there a Cloudflare alternative?

Both are good. I think Rackspace is faster than cloudflare, but Cloudflare provides more Ddos protection than Rackspace.

i'm using CloudFlare with CDN as well, so far so good is very good
    Rackspace? have not tried

@Grumps - You can get 6 months free with their developer program. It's basically $300 credit over 6 months, so $50/month cap. The 1GB Performance flavor is only $0.04/hour, whereas the 1GB Standard instance is $0.06/hour, so it's worth going Performance anyway.