How some websites are come in top even dont have the seo rules ?

Hello Friends

I saw some sites(competitor Sites) are come in top in Google for a particular keywords even they dont have title, meta and keywords. What is the magic behind this ?

Thanks
      0 Not allowed!

Old-earned PR and big marketing budgets mostly. Depends what seo rules your working by though, it could be a sign that they know working methods that we don't.
      0 Not allowed!

Just shows you how unimportant those things are for rankings! I have not bothered with the meta description and keywords for almost 10 yr now ..... don;t tell me you actually thought they were important?
      1 Not allowed!

It depends on the quality of the Content,quality of the services they were providing....
      0 Not allowed!

If some website are ranking well even after making bad link profile, it doesn't mean that it will be on same position for long because Google will catch this types of website, it will penalized them for long time.
      0 Not allowed!

You don't neef SEO rules to be ranked, they are ranked because of good content and high number of visitors.
      0 Not allowed!

Well meta title and description are still very important. But you must have seen some top sites, some really good authority sites and they don't have to worry about these stuff. I am talking about very high profile sites. If you have a site like that, Google will bring you up just with your content and won't see whats stuffed inside your meta.

But your meta should not be made trying to bring all keywords on rank. That thing doesn't work these days. Just use your primary keywords and prepare an interactive data one that users would like to click on.
      0 Not allowed!

You could check to see how many links they have to them. In Google search
    link:www.competitorsitename.com
    and then check the results. If they're highly linked-to, it could be the reason they rank so well.
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by gotlivechat View Post
    You could check to see how many links they have to them. In Google search
    link:www.competitorsitename.com
    and then check the results. If they're highly linked-to, it could be the reason they rank so well.
    Rubbish. You can't find anything more than a small random sample of the links doing that.
      0 Not allowed!

Hi

It's not necessary to optimize meta tags with target keywords. Perhaps, they have quality backlinks from high domain authority websites, quality content on their websites, good overall web presence , good reviews on local sites, Authorship and rich snippet use on website are few factors which are helping them.

Also, few sites have still low quality backings and performing good in SEs so they can lose their ranking in upcoming Google updates. Stay away from low quality SEO tricks.

Thanks
      0 Not allowed!

I would use ahrefs to look at their backlinks intead of google.

Also, as others have said it is probably due to their domain age, reputation, and existing traffic going there.

Did they just appear, or have always dominated the top ranks since you've started tracking the serps?
      0 Not allowed!

A website can rank well even with few backlinks. It is important to make sure that the backlinks should be from authoritative websites related to your niche. Also, content based backlinks make a lot of difference.
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by alastairclark8 View Post
    If some website are ranking well even after making bad link profile, it doesn't mean that it will be on same position for long because Google will catch this types of website, it will penalized them for long time.
    This could be the reason although we don't want to be quick to judge. There are many sites that just pop up for a couple of weeks at the top of serps and then disappear off the face of the earth once Google's Web team catches on.

The article below that was done back in July of 2013 discusses how "Black Hats are still gaming the system for Competitive Keywords" by a large instant influx of links.

http://blog.majesticseo.com/case-stu...ds-case-study/

It's a good read it goes to show that "The never ending battle for truth, justice, and the American way" continues on in the Seo world.
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by sprakas4 View Post
    Hello Friends

I saw some sites(competitor Sites) are come in top in Google for a particular keywords even they dont have title, meta and keywords. What is the magic behind this ?

Thanks
    A web page is positioned by content original, and especially Visitors from different ips.

have also references of links to high quality, for example links of a university.
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by CircuitoX View Post
    and especially Visitors from different ips.
    Where do people get this kind of **** from? "Visitors" has NOTHING to do with the ranking of a site. How does a search engine even know what IP's and how many visits and where those visitors are even coming from?
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by cbpayne View Post
    Rubbish. You can't find anything more than a small random sample of the links doing that.
    Then what is your method of finding backlinks of the competitor
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by canny View Post
    Then what is your method of finding backlinks of the competitor
    Open Site Explorer or Majestic SEO or Ahrefs... but then again why do you want to check backlinks to your competitors?....I don't waste my time and just focus on my sites.
      0 Not allowed!