Review/Info on ShineHost

Hello Everyone,

Just wanted to know if anyone has tried hosting with ShineHost url: shinehost.in. They seem to have some good plans, but, look to be a new player in VPS hosting. Is it advisable to go for this provider? Any reviews/feedback about their plans?

Thanks

The best way to test a credibility is to send in a Sales Ticket and see their response time and attitude towards you.

Live Chat is another serious point, which shows their professionalism and tells a lot about their response time.

they are very very new
    Their domain whois data
    Created On:09-Dec-2013 08:10:58 UTC
    Last Updated On:11-Dec-2013 08:33:15 UTC
    Expiration Date:09-Dec-2014 08:10:58 UTC
    I think you may try them first by smaller vps first if they are good then you can trust them
    Web Developer

Quote Originally Posted by ServerPolice View Post
    The best way to test a credibility is to send in a Sales Ticket and see their response time and attitude towards you.

Live Chat is another serious point, which shows their professionalism and tells a lot about their response time.
    @ServerPolice Thanks for the tip, couldn't try a live chat session, but they did respond to e-mail and are quite helpful in answering questions and clarifying stuff in a timely manner. Primary reason why I'm considering them.

Quote Originally Posted by alsemany View Post
    they are very very new
    I think you may try them first by smaller vps first if they are good then you can trust them
    @alsemany they have a really nice deal for a longer term purchase (12 months), so wanted to ask around if anyone has bought products from them already and found them to be good. That way could go forward with a longer commitment.

Quote Originally Posted by myth86 View Post
    Hello Everyone,

Just wanted to know if anyone has tried hosting with ShineHost url: shinehost.in. They seem to have some good plans, but, look to be a new player in VPS hosting. Is it advisable to go for this provider? Any reviews/feedback about their plans?

Thanks

When and how did you find them?

Specially 4 U
    Reseller Hosting: Boost Your Websites | Fully Managed KVM VPS: 3.20 - 5.00 Ghz, Pure Dedicated Power
    JoneSolutions.Com is on the net 24/7 providing stable and reliable web hosting solutions, server management and services since 2001
    Debian|Ubuntu|cPanel|DirectAdmin|Enhance|Webuzo|Acronis|Estela|BitNinja|Nginx

Quote Originally Posted by net View Post
    When and how did you find them?
    Don't recall when exactly, but I'd contacted them via their website on 7/8th Jan 2014 looking for VPS plans.
    Found them via Google, I think. They're not on the list of VPS hosts I found via search of this forum.
    How does any of this this make a difference?

Don't recall when exactly, but I'd contacted them via their website on 7/8th Jan 2014 looking for VPS plans.
    Found them via Google, I think. They're not on the list of VPS hosts I found via search of this forum.
    How does any of this this make a difference?
    Depending on the importance of your projects, the longevity of a host is pretty pertinent. If they've only been around for a month or two then the chances are they've not even fully figured out how to handle customers, keep their systems stable, etc. The reality is they probably have several customers at most right now.

It's not always the case, but let me just say this: in nine years on this forum I've seen a lot of web hosts start up, find themselves unable to deal with the pressures (financial and technical) of the job, and then disappear along with everybody's money and data within months. Caution is advisable, and committing to a long-term package is almost always a bad idea. Pay for a month or two, then commit to a year-long package.

Another factor you might wish to consider is that this host appears to be India-based. While the servers seem to be hosted in the US, if you do end up with any issues relating to data privacy, fraud, loss of data, etc this could complicate matters (whether you're from India or the US).

Personally, I can't see why you'd go for these guys over the numerous alternatives out there that have far more experience. There's no niche these guys are filling that makes them particularly desirable from what I can see.
    Last edited by Ryan Williams; 01-11-2014 at 09:41 AM.

Found them via Google, I think.
    The only way I could get that company to come up via Google was to search for shinehost specifically. What did you search on that had them as a result?

Anyway, about your question. With them being literally one month old, no one here is likely to have had any experience with them, and if they had, it's not going to be very telling of how the service is. It's simply too short of a time to make a value judgment. You'd probably be better off not shopping solely by price, and instead looking at the offers section and then for reviews of the ones that look interesting.
    Last edited by bear; 01-11-2014 at 09:36 AM.
    Your one stop shop for decentralization

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Williams View Post
    Caution is advisable, and committing to a long-term package is almost always a bad idea. Pay for a month or two, then commit to a year-long package.
    Wise words, I'll keep this mind. I'd have saved about 2 months of hosting fee if I took the long term plan, but seems not that big an amount since they have cheap monthly fee anyway.

Another factor you might wish to consider is that this host appears to be India-based. While the servers seem to be hosted in the US, if you do end up with any issues relating to fraud, loss of data, etc you're probably going to have no legal recourse.
    I'm based in India too, more importantly, the target audience is also mainly from India/Asia. Could you elaborate a bit on the no-legal recourse comment? Didn't exactly get what you mean there...

Personally, I can't see why you'd go for these guys over the numerous alternatives out there that have far more experience. There's no niche these guys are filling that makes them particularly desirable from what I can see.
    I'm basically looking for this. Tried a couple of India/Singapore hosts, most politely decline when I say its for a game server and request that I go for a dedicated server instead (I don't need the capacity of a dedicated server, nor can I afford one). Also unmetered traffic makes it less of a hassle for me to have to pay, incase the usage goes beyond what I estimate.
    Another sticky point is that I don't have a "global" debit card so paying via online transaction is hard. I've asked the bank to work on it, but they want 15 days

Any alternatives would be much appreciated. At this point, I'll consider any server which meets that and has a good ping to India/Asia.

I did slightly reword what I meant, as I realised you're from India. I hope that makes more sense, looks like you read/quoted it just before I changed it. What I really meant was that it's probably best to keep the provider and its servers in the same country if possible, and ideally all three of you should be in the same country. Imagine the headaches if some major data privacy/abuse issue came up when the company is in the UK, the servers are in France, and the client and his target audience/customers are in Russia.

Anyway, at this point I'm guessing that your options are so limited that this is of little concern. Also it's for gaming, which isn't so critical when it comes to data security and such.

Is there any particular reason why you're looking for a VPS rather than a managed game server? Being a gamer myself, I know that Game Servers provides an Indian location, while Multiplay and Vilayer provide Singapore locations. I've set up game servers on VPSs manually, but in all honesty it's rarely any better (apart from price perhaps) than just using a dedicated vendor — unless you need some really weird modding options, anyway. In fact, in many cases a VPS has worse performance because most dedicated vendors give you lots of CPU cores to use (which is very important for some games), while economy VPSs often assign you just one or two (sometimes overloaded) cores.

Quote Originally Posted by bear View Post
    The only way I could get that company to come up via Google was to search for shinehost specifically. What did you search on that had them as a result?
    I Googled for "unmanaged vps host india" (at google.co.in, if that matters) and found these guys on Page 12. Basically I've this search window open since the first week of Jan and am contact VPS hosts on each page as I go.

Quote Originally Posted by bear View Post
    Anyway, about your question. With them being literally one month old, no one here is likely to have had any experience with them, and if they had, it's not going to be very telling of how the service is. It's simply too short of a time to make a value judgment. You'd probably be better off not shopping solely by price, and instead looking at the offers section and then for reviews of the ones that look interesting.
    Its not price alone, like I said, I have a decent enough budget but other constraints (some don't want a game server inside a VPS, so don't accept my "non-international" card, some didn't respond) are making it difficult to find a good server. Checking out a few that @Ryan Williams suggested now.

I wonder !! where the newest posts gone on this thread
    I just got some notifications of new replies but not found here
    Web Developer

Sometimes posts are removed due to moderation.
    Your one stop shop for decentralization

hmmm,
    I think also the shinehost.in is not hosting company anymore , the main website using the default Zpanel I think they have closed
    Web Developer

alsemany shinehost has not closed, my websites are still up and running, they recently changed there domain url name to http://shinehost.net, that might be why

<<snipped>>
    Last edited by bear; 03-22-2014 at 10:46 AM.

zpanel.......yea, I'd recommend looking elsewhere. Check the offers section.