Albany, New York

Switching from cable to DSL? Suggestions.

I am considering switching from Time Warner Cable to to Verizon DSL.

TWC has been absolutely horrible since I signed up. I won't go into detail on that though.

I usually have to refresh a page 5 or 6 times for it to connect and display the page. I though at first it may be a DNS issue so I switched to Google's DNS servers. The problem is the same.

The speed is extremely slow also. My neighbors are also experiencing all of this too!

I've never had DSL and have heard bad things about it.

Should I stay with cable or make the switch?

FiOS is not yet available at my address...

Sorry if this doesn't make sense. I'm one-eyeing it trying to stay awake right now.

I think it would be more faster and stable then before service. But i suggest wireless connectivity
    AdroitSSD LLC - Incredible™ Cloud Hosting Platform | Monthly 100% Uptime Record
    Cheap Hosting - Lightspeed | Softaculuos | SpamExpert | - Higher Disk I/O | 30Min Ticket Response
    WordPress Optimized SSD Hosting | Pure SSD | Realtime Malware Scanner | cPanel

Jacksonville, Florida
    You can certainly give it a try, is the internet from timewarner do that on every device you have hooked up to that service? If not it could be just the one computer, also you may be able to request a new modem, or purchase a cable or ssl modem from the stir or online and that may resolve your issue.

Are you connecting wirelessly or with a cord?

Do you have a router or are you connecting directly to the modem?

Minneapolis, MN
    I haven't had DSL since 2001, but I absolutely hated it. Been on cable ever since. Time Warner from 2001 until whenever Comcast bought them in this area. Comcast ever since. Nothing can even come close to touching them on speed. Though I'll switch to fios if they ever bring it here.
    Doyle Lewis
    BuyHTTP Internet Services - In business since 2003
    Business Hosting | nginx, CloudLinux, Varnish cache, and CDP with every business account
    Shared, Reseller, Semi Dedicated, VPS, Cloud, Dedicated - We can grow with you