Blacklotus, voxility, staminus, awknet or cnservers?

For the past month I've been using fiberhub's ddos protection and it seems that its not enough to protevt my servers. I wanted to check which of these providers are cost effective since mu buget is only $300 for a 32gb ram 2x 120 or 240gb ssd and /27 ip.

Your budget is too low, I don't think either of them would be able to provide you with DDoS protection and such server hardware for just $300. You would have your best chances with CNServers though.
    Inbound Marketing & real SEO for web hosting providers
    ✎ Get in touch with me: co<at>infinitnet.de

It all depends on your needs. BlackLotus and Staminus are both great.

Have you confirmed the current limits of protection with the limits these other providers can provide? You may have to increase your budget to get what you need, but it would be best to first confirm the level of protection each can provide. Moving to a new provider only to run into the same issues would obviously be a lot of wasted effort.
    Drew Adams- Hivelocity- Sales Manager
    Bare Metal Servers. Colocation. Private Cloud.
    Customers in over 130 countries. Privately owned and operated data centers.
    Exclusive Flat Rate cPanel Provider

Hmmm... I was actually interested in trying the DDOS protection from FiberHub for my rack. They use BlackLotus to filter the incoming BW. What issues did you encounter with them?

Quote Originally Posted by khteyb View Post
    For the past month I've been using fiberhub's ddos protection and it seems that its not enough to protevt my servers. I wanted to check which of these providers are cost effective since mu buget is only $300 for a 32gb ram 2x 120 or 240gb ssd and /27 ip.

hi , check hosteasy.eu they promise to have 500GBPS ddos protection , ask for a test i belive they can do that.
    DDOS Protected - SSD KVM VDS & Storage KVM VDS.
    http://rackhost.co

BlackLotus sucks. Don't ever use them. They're liars and con artists.

http://i.imgur.com/jgPPHvz.png

I've used them personally and the protection I paid for was 10Gbps and they nulled me on a 9Gbps attack and refused to unnull. It didn't mitigate that attack or even smaller ones. I now use Staminus and they handle anything.

Quote Originally Posted by BCata View Post
    Hmmm... I was actually interested in trying the DDOS protection from FiberHub for my rack. They use BlackLotus to filter the incoming BW. What issues did you encounter with them?
    We have been using Versaweb/Fiberhub BlackLotus add-on to filter DDoS attacks without a single issue. We've been using the protection for months now. For the price you pay per month, you really can't beat it.

Quote Originally Posted by Trevor_IBWSolutions View Post
    We have been using Versaweb/Fiberhub BlackLotus add-on to filter DDoS attacks without a single issue. We've been using the protection for months now. For the price you pay per month, you really can't beat it.
    Do you receive attacks over 100 megabit? If so, I'm sure they work well for you. If you actually receive a real attack, good luck.

We've generally been pretty happy using Blacklotus as the back-end for our DoS protection service. They regularly mitigate attacks up to 10Gbps for us without any problem, and I'm confident that they'd handle larger attacks if we were paying for that level of protection.

I think that there is often a lot of unrealistic expectations for how well mitigation technology works, especially for services that can't easily be run through a proxy or that are latency sensitive, like game servers. With a few notable exceptions, most of our customers have no complaints.
    Rob Tyree
    Versaweb - DDoS Protected Cloud and Dedicated Server Hosting
    Fiberhub - Affordable Colocation Services in Las Vegas, Dallas, Miami, and Seattle

I think your best bet is to purchase an OVH server in the US Location.

They probably provide filtering at a better price to spec ratio than the others.

Blacklotus (Never used directly but via Limestonenetworks they null on 10G no burst as Jeff states they do)

Voxilty (Very Very expensive hard to work with as language is romanian and they don't speak english that well)

Staminus(Good but expensive)

Awknet (If you want downtime for a few weeks then for it to appear back online that's fine)

CNServers probably another option they seem to be the leader in the market for filtering to price ratio but hardware wise I'm not sure they offer a great deal such as OVH.

Keep an eye on this page; http://ovh.com/us/dedicated-servers/

Quote Originally Posted by DylanP View Post
    Do you receive attacks over 100 megabit? If so, I'm sure they work well for you. If you actually receive a real attack, good luck.
    We've received attacks in the Gbps without any trouble from Black Lotus migrating them.

We've received attacks in the Gbps without any trouble from Black Lotus migrating them.
    Does FH provide you with a panel to see the traffic and attacks? Or how do you find out what attacks you are receiving?

Quote Originally Posted by BCata View Post
    Does FH provide you with a panel to see the traffic and attacks? Or how do you find out what attacks you are receiving?
    We are in contact with Versaweb at times as we see spikes on the BW charts from the leftover traffic that's still getting filtered out. The protection works for our needs, but it's not for everyone. For the price you pay per month, you can't really complain at all. They suit our needs just fine.

Due to the shared nature of the service we provide, we aren't able to provide individualized graphs or much data on attacks. We can pull it on a one-off basis, but that's about the limit of the functionality we offer. We could certainly look to add more access to information, but we'd likely have to raise prices significantly to offset the costs involved.
    Rob Tyree
    Fiberhub - Affordable Colocation Services in Las Vegas, Dallas, Miami, and Seattle

Quote Originally Posted by Rob T View Post
    Due to the shared nature of the service we provide, we aren't able to provide individualized graphs or much data on attacks. We can pull it on a one-off basis, but that's about the limit of the functionality we offer. We could certainly look to add more access to information, but we'd likely have to raise prices significantly to offset the costs involved.
    Fair enough. So when an attack cannot be mitigated you automatically blackhole it? Do we get notified when such an event occurs?

In our case, if an attack exceeds our protection limits, it will be automatically null routed. Once we are notified of the null route, we do of course pass that info along to our customers. More often than not we end up confirming to a customer that they've been nulled rather than the notification being proactive, but that's just a matter of timing as far as when tickets are put in and notifications are received.
    Rob Tyree

How much DDoS protection are you looking for?
    Psychz Networks - Dedicated Servers, Co-location | PhotonVPS - SSD Cloud | YardVPS - Storage VPS
    True Layer 7 DDoS Mitigation | BGP Optimized by Noction Intelligent Routing | Asia-Pacific Low Latency Routes
    6 Continents - 14 Cities - LAX, DAL, CHI, ASH, LON, AMS, JNB, TPE, TKY, BOM, GRU, BCN, SIN, SYD, ICN, MOS

I use CNservers and have no complaints. They are VERY fast on support (Within minutes/seconds) and usually go beyond what you would expect to help out.

We once had a problem with SSL traffic not working on our VPS servers, and they had a look and found a fix (It was a problem on our VPS host nodes)

Quote Originally Posted by DylanP View Post
    BlackLotus sucks. Don't ever use them. They're liars and con artists.

http://i.imgur.com/jgPPHvz.png

I've used them personally and the protection I paid for was 10Gbps and they nulled me on a 9Gbps attack and refused to unnull. It didn't mitigate that attack or even smaller ones. I now use Staminus and they handle anything.
    Do you seriously believe anything posted at "**********.com" is an actual review? It in itself is a fraudulent site.

We've already addressed the 9 Gbps vs. 10 Gbps issue in other threads. If you're null routed it is because our 1:150 flow sample indicates traffic of 10 Gbps+ (in case that your attack limit is 10 Gbps).

Quote Originally Posted by IRCCo Jeff View Post
    Do you seriously believe anything posted at "**********.com" is an actual review? It in itself is a fraudulent site.

We've already addressed the 9 Gbps vs. 10 Gbps issue in other threads. If you're null routed it is because our 1:150 flow sample indicates traffic of 10 Gbps+ (in case that your attack limit is 10 Gbps).
    OK - So the name of the "review" site is starred out by WHT. That answers the question right there -- fake review site.

Rob,
    My ips are getting null routed and i am not getting any answers to my tickets nor an advisory that my ip is nullrouted.

I saw the review of BL before and it is fake posted. There is no different where you get your DDoS protection. When your limit reached, your IP will be null route. In any provide this rules exist. We use BlackLotus and never had any issue.

Rob,
    My ips are getting null routed and i am not getting any answers to my tickets nor an advisory that my ip is nullrouted.
    Try opening an emergency ticket.

Try opening an emergency ticket.
    I always get an immediate response on emergency tickets from FiberHub.

Black Lotus DDoS mitigation is superb. We've used them before through Fiberhub and they completely screened a multi Gbps attack.

We're trying out CNServers now -- good so far. I'll be writing up a review in a few months or so.
    ▄▀▄ Brian Harrison, Lead Engineer - Reprise Hosting (AS62838)
    ▄▀▄ Deals on cheap dedicated server hosting. IPMI included! Unmetered bandwidth.
    ▄▀▄ Website migration, 24/7/365 support, basic server setup, 15 day money back.
    ▄▀▄ Looking for DEALS on self-managed cheap VPS hosting? Visit VPSHostingDEAL.com