What Is The Fastest US VPS For Hosting a VPN

The reason I'm setting up this VPN is because I took work that has me living abroad. I used to live in the US, and I'm finding things like Hulu, Pandora, Netflix, Amazon Instant, basically anything that involves media sharing, even if it's paid or legal in the states, they don't allow over here. There's a couple different services that "unblock" this or that. But I'm will to pay for my own VPS that I can set a VPN up on.

My BIGGEST concern is speed. I want to be able to push 25MB and not worry about my bandwidth getting choked out. I currently use Stable Host, and was thinking about sticking with them. But I wondered if anyone else had any experience with US VPS providers that could recommend one that would meet my bandwidth needs.

Quote Originally Posted by disposable_zero View Post
    The reason I'm setting up this VPN is because I took work that has me living abroad. I used to live in the US, and I'm finding things like Hulu, Pandora, Netflix, Amazon Instant, basically anything that involves media sharing, even if it's paid or legal in the states, they don't allow over here. There's a couple different services that "unblock" this or that. But I'm will to pay for my own VPS that I can set a VPN up on.

My BIGGEST concern is speed. I want to be able to push 25MB and not worry about my bandwidth getting choked out. I currently use Stable Host, and was thinking about sticking with them. But I wondered if anyone else had any experience with US VPS providers that could recommend one that would meet my bandwidth needs.
    If you have good speeds and support with StableHost why move? There are other providers that specialize in the VPN market like http://www.strongvpn.com/

But I recommend you stay with your current provider if it already meets your requirements.

- Daniel
    Managed & Unmanaged SSD VPS's by tmzVPS.com | FAST PURE SSD & HDD Plans!
    █ Locations in USA & United Kingdom - Legal Adult Content Allowed! 24/7 Certified Support.
    cPanel/WHM Included | Premium Softaculous | Data Migration Included with Managed Support.
    █ INSTANT SETUP | Paypal, Skrill, 2checkout, BitCoin & all Major Credit Cards Accepted! Skype: tmzvps.chat

All I have with Stable Host currently is web hosting so I don't know what their speeds look like on the VPS side. They have an 100mb unmetered option, but I think that's overkill for just one user. HAha!

The thing is I signed up with a plug and play VPN service, PrivateInternetAcccess. I've got Tomato on my router and it was easy to configure. However I just can't break more than 5-7mb down and barely 1mb up.That's just not enough for what I need, I need more like 15-20 down and 5up. It's going to be a little painful but it's worth it to me to pay for a VPS service and run my own VPN, that is ONLY if I can take advantage of my bandwidth. If I'm going to be petering out at under 10mb download, then it's really not worth all the hassle, I guess that's what I'm trying to figure out.

Surprised more people aren't eager to share their experiences.

Where are you currently located? You should find a provider closest to you in the US for the fastest speed (ex. East Coast / West Coast)
    Psychz Networks - Dedicated Servers, Co-location | GigePipe - High Bandwidth Servers | PhotonVPS - SSD Cloud
    True Layer 7 DDoS Mitigation | BGP Optimized by Noction Intelligent Routing | Asia-Pacific Low Latency Routes
    Los Angeles, CA (US West) | Dallas, TX (US East) | Ashburn, VA (US East)

Actually I just heard back from Stable Host, they figure they should be able to more than handle my needs. Now I just need to figure out how to install a VPN and configure my Tomato router to work with it. I am open to any advice on that.

Get a provider using a big data center or a provider with own Tier 3 DC. This will guarantee you high speeds.
    Get a test IP and check your speed from your location to their servers. Maybe they have excellent US peering but slow trans-atlantic connectivity.