Question Cloudlinux and resellers - How do you handle them?

Hello,

If you are using CloudLinux and have resellers, then no doubt you are aware it is not possible to give your resellers a "big chunk" of CPU/RAM/Whatever and let them split it up for their own accounts.

The reseller is not able to modify their cloudlinux limits.

So... I'm curious how other companies are handling this issue?

For example, we have some servers that have our direct customers *and* resellers on them. The plans we sell to our direct customers include different limits for CPU/Memory/etc.., and it's easy to apply the cloudlinux limits to the cpanel package.

But for our resellers... they are all using the "default" server limits for cloudlinux. So every cpanel account for all our resellers are using the same limits. We can't set them too high, since it would be unfair to other customers (and make the server more likely to become unstable), and if we set them too low, then the customer's of our resellers will complain to them.. and the reseller will complain to us. Then we would need to modify the limits for their customer's account... but we would receive no extra $$ for this increase of server resource usage.

So I'm curious how you other folks who have resellers are handling this problem.

Thanks!
    Want to sell domain names? Sign up today for an eNom.com reseller account from a trusted eNom ETP provider.
    * We provide support and service to over 3245 happy eNom domain name and SSL certificate resellers!

I am not sure I have understood your thought, but if you apply the limits per hosting plan and 'force' the resellers to offer the same hosting plans with yours, then where is the problem?
    Michael Vlastos
    HostWired.com - Innovative Hosting Solutions since 2005 | cPanel, Softaculous
    Personalized support | No site suspensions | No overloaded servers | Green Hosting
    Multiple Backups | Average Response Time: 20 min | Toll Free: 1-855-ECO-HOST

Quote Originally Posted by Dr_Michael View Post
    I am not sure I have understood your thought, but if you apply the limits per hosting plan and 'force' the resellers to offer the same hosting plans with yours, then where is the problem?
    We offer different plans to our customers based on cloudlinux limits. For example we sell plan 1 with cpu limit of 10% and plan 2 with cpu limit of 20%.

We can't "force" our customers to sell our plans, as that is not a viable way to do reselling these days. (Resellers don't want to sell our plans, they want to create their own plans...)

So let's say we allocate "default" limits to all of reseller's created plans of 10% CPU. So now what happens if one of their customers needs a higher limit? Reseller must contact us and we must manually modify their package (or account) with the desired limit. But then there is no way to really automate this with billing so we get paid more when the reseller uses more. (ie: This is possible on one or two servers, but if you have 50 servers with 200 resellers and thousands of accounts... such a manual process and the resulting billing edits would not be realistic.

So I'm curious how other cpanel reseller providers handle this problem.
    Want to sell domain names? Sign up today for an eNom.com reseller account from a trusted eNom ETP provider.
    * We provide support and service to over 3245 happy eNom domain name and SSL certificate resellers!