How to get actual income in WHMCS by subtracting manually added credits

I am scratching my head a bit on this one.

While creating some custom reports for income and tax reporting I realized that WHMCS does not distinguish between non-income credits and actual income credits.

There are all sorts of entries for credits in "tblcredit". Most are legitimate income such as paypal subscription payments and customer added credits.

However, sometimes we manually add credits for various reasons that are not real income. So we should not be reporting this as real income and paying taxes on it as real income. However there is no way to create a report that separates that out as far as I can tell. They are all recorded as just credits in "tblcredit". The invoices are all recorded as paid either way.

I really don't want to be reporting non-existent income that I then have to pay real taxes on. Maybe there are some rules that you have to consider it income in some cases. A lot of times we use credits for other reasons.
    Last edited by UnfinishedSentenc; 01-08-2014 at 04:44 PM.

This is exactly why you shouldn't pay taxes based on the report derived from whmcs.

That sort of phantom income should be listed as 'expenses' and be tax deductible rather than taxable. I have a few courtesy that are part of the marketing budget which is an expense. WHMCS lists that as income however.

So how do you solve that? I have thousands of transactions a year so manually going through all this to pull out the non-income credits would be painful to say the least.

Hi,
    If you want to record credits as income, add them via the Billing > List Transactions > Add Transactions tab interface and tick the "Credit" checkbox.
    WHMCompleteSolution
    The Complete Client Management, Billing & Support System
    www.whmcs.com

Quote Originally Posted by WHMCS-John View Post
    Hi,
    If you want to record credits as income, add them via the Billing > List Transactions > Add Transactions tab interface and tick the "Credit" checkbox.
    I want to do exactly the opposite of that. Add credits as non-income.

Ok that WHMCS comment gave me the clue I needed. I was trying to use the sales tax liability report for tax and income reporting. When I looked at the income report I see that it does NOT include the non-income credits so I need to use that one separately for income reporting.