Good web host for 80 gb of mp3 files?

I need to host about 80gb of large mp3 files (around 25mb each and 150gb of downloads/month). anyone know a good host for this?

i thought of dropbox but they have all kinds of extra info on the download page such as "report copyright", which would allow any clown out there to falsely take down my mp3s

Are they legal MP3s?

Quote Originally Posted by gruntel View Post
    i thought of dropbox but they have all kinds of extra info on the download page such as "report copyright", which would allow any clown out there to falsely take down my mp3s
    That's not how a good provider works, and I hope Dropbox is a good provider. A good provider lays the burden of proof with the person submitting the complain so someone needs to prove they own it before something will be taken down.

But that said, the same is true for any hosting provider. Some providers lock down your account if they'd get a copyright abuse email.

if all your mp3 are legal or not copyright then you should not worry you can stick with dropbox

What's your budget? And how technical are you?

There are a number of providers who sell VPS with a large amount of disk space (such as BuyVM, who I've used but have no stock at present, or Backupsy, who I've not used). It would cost about $10 monthly, but you'd need to configure everything yourself (install something like lighttpd or nginx, secure the VPS, etc.). If you're up for a self-managed VPS and the budget fits, that's a possibility.
    James

Interested in which hosts I'd recommend? Unmanaged VPS Reviews | Managed VPS Reviews

Yes, Even I agree because to host all your mp3s and share it with others seems like file sharing which most of the providers may ban your account stating the same reason. You can raise a per-sales ticket to the provider to get a complete clarification on this. I would also recommend to read the TOS of the provider to be aware of the same.
    Hostpaedia - Affordable, Reliable & Secure Web Hosting
    Web Hosting : Host Unlimited Websites, cPanel, Softaculous, Servers in USA and Germany
    Reseller Hosting : cPanel, Softaculous
    VPS Hosting : KVM VPS powered by Virtualizor

Quote Originally Posted by i7Grendel View Post
    That's not how a good provider works, and I hope Dropbox is a good provider. A good provider lays the burden of proof with the person submitting the complain so someone needs to prove they own it before something will be taken down.

But that said, the same is true for any hosting provider. Some providers lock down your account if they'd get a copyright abuse email.
    right but dropbox places a big link for this on every page. so it is kind of inviting it.

the files are all legal.

Quote Originally Posted by OakHosting_James View Post
    What's your budget? And how technical are you?

There are a number of providers who sell VPS with a large amount of disk space (such as BuyVM, who I've used but have no stock at present, or Backupsy, who I've not used). It would cost about $10 monthly, but you'd need to configure everything yourself (install something like lighttpd or nginx, secure the VPS, etc.). If you're up for a self-managed VPS and the budget fits, that's a possibility.
    low budget. good at programming but little experience with servers. I saw some VPS but they look more like 40$/month+
    do you have a link to a 10$ vps for such a big disk space requirement?

do you have a link to a 10$ vps for such a big disk space requirement?
    Like I say, I've not used these guys, but: https://backupsy.com/

http://buyvm.net are good (click the KVM / Windows / Storage tab), but you'd need to ask them when they're due to have more stock.
    James

Interested in which hosts I'd recommend? Unmanaged VPS Reviews | Managed VPS Reviews

is backupsy.com suitable for hosting mp3 downloads (where i would link to them from another website) or is it just for infrequent access by few users.

I need to have these links live and public online as in a regular website.

Talk to them and ask. As I understand it, in some of their locations (data centres) they only allow uses related to backups. In others, they allow you to pay a small premium on top of the usual monthly fee and then you can run any process you like (as long as you don't abuse CPU / IO / etc - which it sounds like you wouldn't).

With anything like this, send the host you're considering an email and explain your plans. Ask them how it sits with their TOS and what they'd recommend. If you work with them before signing up you don't get caught out later.
    James

right but dropbox places a big link for this on every page. so it is kind of inviting it.

the files are all legal.
    Two things you might not be aware of:

1. Anything you put in the 'Public' folder behaves like a regular FTP and can be hotlinked to. Here, check out some vents: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...36/vents-1.jpg.
    You can set up a redirect on some other domain so files.example.com/vents-1.jpg goes to the previous link. Ultimately, this means that you don't have to make Dropbox's pages visible to your users or even use Dropbox's URLs when linking to your files. This isn't ideal for regular website hosting due to the latency, but it's fine for downloads.

2. You can use up to 20GB per day of bandwidth with a free Dropbox account, and then the account will be disabled for the remainder of the day. With any of the paid plans, this becomes 200GB per day (approximately 6000GB per month). Doing it daily could work better when controlling bandwidth on something like a download site.

Amazon S3

Amazon S3 is a great option