How do I install IonCube Loader?

I have an Amazon Linux x64 EC2 instance and I'm trying to install IonCuber Loader. The different tutorials I've tried online don't work as the paths seem to be far different from mine, and changing them to what mine seem to be doesn't seem to work...

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thank you

It is fairly easy. Download Ioncube .so file which matches to your PHP version. Then copy it to the preferred directory and give path to the .so file in php.ini file ( zend_extension=<path to .so> ).Now reload apache.

Generally the easiest way to do so is to download the Linux x64 files and then open your php.ini settings and at the bottom where it's showing the plugins installed just adding a new line referencing the path to the ioncube loader file.

Code:
    [Zend] 
    zend_extension="/usr/local/IonCube/ioncube_loader_lin_5.3.so" 
    zend_extension_ts="/usr/local/IonCube/ioncube_loader_lin_5.3_ts.so"
    This is just an example but at the bottom of the ini file you could just add the path and the file name, it's not difficult and take maybe 3 minutes to setup. Though you will have to restart apache or whatever http server you're running including restarting php as well so it takes effect.

Thanks for the responses!

I'm having some trouble, though.

I moved the two files which match my PHP version into the following locations:
    Code:
    /usr/lib64/php/modules/ioncube_loader_lin_5.4.so
    /usr/lib64/php/modules/ioncube_loader_lin_5.4_ts.so
    (I verified they are there)

I then added this to the bottom of my php.ini file, located in etc/php.ini:
    Code:
    [Zend] 
    zend_extension="/usr/lib64/php/modules/ioncube_loader_lin_5.4.so" 
    zend_extension_ts="/usr/lib64/php/modules/ioncube_loader_lin_5.4_ts.so"
    I restarted NGINX but phpinfo page doesn't show anything about IonCube Loader and the script I'm trying to install still reports that I need to have it installed.

Do I have to restart PHP itself? I Googled but could not find any commands to actually start/stop PHP. phpinfo page says I'm using FPM/FastCGI

Any ideas?

Thank you

Make sure the .so files have the same permissions and ownership as the other modules/plugins. Also when you do install it, it won't automatically show up as Ioncube in most cases it'll just show the Powered by Zend image somewhere.

Yes you should restart php itself if it's not using Apache, with nginx you have to run phpfpm and nginx seperately.

Make sure you have the file paths correct and the correct .so files for your OS. Hell if restarting php and nginx does not work directly perhaps try rebooting the server itself.

Quote Originally Posted by Largo05 View Post
    Make sure the .so files have the same permissions and ownership as the other modules/plugins. Also when you do install it, it won't automatically show up as Ioncube in most cases it'll just show the Powered by Zend image somewhere.

Yes you should restart php itself if it's not using Apache, with nginx you have to run phpfpm and nginx seperately.

Make sure you have the file paths correct and the correct .so files for your OS. Hell if restarting php and nginx does not work directly perhaps try rebooting the server itself.
    I had just restarted the instance when you published that, and it worked! Thanks so much for your help, really appreciated! It was so easy. I wish the tutorials people posted explained things in this manner so it's not a mystery what you're trying to accomplish when their variances don't work in your own build...

Thank you again!

No problem, I used to manually run my webserver using nginx and php. Though there are many methods of doing this it just boils down to software configuration. But the ioncube loader installation is literally universal in this aspect.

Well that was solved., here's another link to install

IonCube Loader,

http://docs.whmcs.com/Ioncube_Installation_Tutorial

but, is for apache and cpanel.

Quote Originally Posted by CircuitoX View Post
    Well that was solved., here's another link to install

IonCube Loader,

http://docs.whmcs.com/Ioncube_Installation_Tutorial

but, is for apache and cpanel.
    Even if you're using Nginx or Apache the installation method is the same the only difference is that Apache normally uses FastCGI with PHP so you only have to restart the apache instance where as with nginx you have to restart the phpfpm instance.

IF you have cpanel, it can be done through whm >> server configuration >> tweak settings.