Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

EU DDoS Protected VPS Required

Hello,

I'm looking for a DDoS Protected Xen or KVM VPS based in Europe, I'm not interested in an OpenVZ VPS unfortunately.

I'd preferably like the VPS to be SSD rather than HDD, but please do recommend both. Here's the requirements:
    1GB RAM or more
    2 or more CPU Cores
    5GB or more Disk Space
    100GB or more Bandwidth

The EU location and DDoS Protection are essential, I have a budget of around £20 (around $33) per month.

Thanks for any suggestions in advance.
    Last edited by Criot; 01-07-2014 at 03:04 PM.

I'm using iwStack.com and their cloud service. They offer DDoS protection (14Gbps or 2 millions pps) for €9/mo + €5.4 for your server specs. Thats €14.4/mo. They are located in Italy.

If you don't want to pay €30 upfront (like you have to with iwStack) you can use Prometeus.com (that own iwStack) and their KVM (or XEN) servers + DDoS protection.

Have used them for over 1.5 year now, and they are really good. But they are unmanaged, so you have to run your own server.
    My Top 20 benchmark list (and review site)
    Powered by: Kimsufi, backed up by: Hetzner, DigitalOcean and Vultr.com
    Also using
    SolaDrive.com (56+ months), KnownHost.com (56+ months)

Quote Originally Posted by myhken View Post
    I'm using iwStack.com and their cloud service. They offer DDoS protection (14Gbps or 2 millions pps) for €9/mo + €5.4 for your server specs. Thats €14.4/mo. They are located in Italy.

If you don't want to pay €30 upfront (like you have to with iwStack) you can use Prometeus.com (that own iwStack) and their KVM (or XEN) servers + DDoS protection.

Have used them for over 1.5 year now, and they are really good. But they are unmanaged, so you have to run your own server.
    Thanks for that, I should of mentioned I'm not bothered about a Managed Service, I can manage the server myself. I'll certainly look into your recommendations!

Best choice would be OVH as they offer good DDOS protection at budget prices.

http://www.ovh.ie/vps/

check https://ddosdeflect.com, they have SSD and DDos Protection as you requested

Thanks for the recommendations. If anyone has anymore feel free to respond!

managed or unmanaged service? if unmanaged or without any support you can try OVH.co.uk
    Explore our outstanding VPS choices tailored to your budget, and we welcome reasonable offers.
    VPS Price Match Guarantee on: All our range of DDOS protected XEN HVM VPS
    == Contact us for any online solution development or managed / unmanaged vps hosting ==

The price is a little low for a reliable DDoS protected VPS. What do you plan to host on it? What kind of DDoS attacks do you receive (how big)?
    I would not recomment OVH. I saw lot of bad reviews about their protection..
    Unmetered Dedicated Servers with 5Gbps, 10Gbps, 25Gbps and 50Gbps Bandwidth
    Cloud Servers, Colocation, IP Transport, Remote IX and Remote DDoS Protection
    IP Transit with AI Optimized Routing and DDoS Protection in 35 European Locations

Quote Originally Posted by GabrielCioran View Post
    The price is a little low for a reliable DDoS protected VPS. What do you plan to host on it? What kind of DDoS attacks do you receive (how big)?
    I would not recomment OVH. I saw lot of bad reviews about their protection..
    I'm aware of that, I'm obviously not expecting anything great for the price range. It's hosting a small forum and we just need some DDoS Protection to hold of the kids with their $10 booters from the hack forums. I wouldn't imagine it to be any more than a few gbps, if that.

I think Prometeus only offers ddos protection as "precaution" method, but once you will get ddosed they will not longer want you as a customer, that's what I understood from Maouniques bluffing on LEB.

I wouldn't recommend them for ddos protection.
    How can you factor in VAT when comparing since you are subject to VAT on everything? Obviously purchases made outside the EU are not going to be collected with VAT, but are you not still responsible to pay it on your own? - Tim Flavin from "Hostigation.com"

Any other recommendations?

Quote Originally Posted by Criot View Post
    Any other recommendations?
    Don't look right or left just simply go with OVH you won't be disappointed(OVH's DDOS protection is very good but nothing in the world of DDOS protection is perfect) except you should understand they're pretty slow with support replies but you get superb servers with competitive DDOS protection.And just simply don't listen to GabrielCioran aka 5gbps because he is one of those OVH comeptitors on this board who have never used OVH's DDOS protection but keep targeting it to give newbies an impression that OVH's DDOS protection is not good in order to sell their own servers otherwise all these garage hosts don't stand a chance against the Giant which OVH is.Like all other DDOS protections in the world, OVH's DDOS protection is not perfect but not as bad either as all OVH competitors & third party DDOS protection providers on this forum try to present it.

I would really appreciate if all these people come up with statistics or something which really proves that OVH's protection is not good rather than just making mere accusations to misguide people looking for help.

No one can doubt that Prometeus is the best VPS/Cloud provider in Italy but their DDOS protection is more of a precaution from casual attacks as evident from the FAQ on their website:

Q: Yupiee ! Now i can taunt the bastards that attacked my minecraft server, I will show them ! Right ?
    A: Wrong. This protection is intended for casual target, we are not entering into the DDOS industry as our main business and this is no bunker and frequent targets and people in the DDoS game should look to specialized services that can tank hundreds of Gbps or ten of millions of pps.

Q: How big the protection ?
    A: As mentioned we do not intend to enter the DDoS industry, we only wish to offer a kind of insurance that, if you are not an ass and wish to pay a premium, we wont kick you.
    Before the null, the attack can be as big as 14 gbps and 2.000.000 packets per second. Null will last for an hour, after that the ip is automatically restored.

@Sledger: I never said that I used OVH's services. I just affirmed that I saw lot of bad reviews about them on this forum and on other websites too:
    http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=1322603
    http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=1323927
    http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?p=8950911
    http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=1329888

OVH's DDOS protection is not good in order to sell their own servers otherwise all these garage hosts don't stand a chance against the Giant
    Don't forget that "giants" started from "garage". Read about facebook, google or other big companies. Also being giant hosting company doesn't mean that quality is better or they are problem free
    Unmetered Dedicated Servers with 5Gbps, 10Gbps, 25Gbps and 50Gbps Bandwidth
    Cloud Servers, Colocation, IP Transport, Remote IX and Remote DDoS Protection
    IP Transit with AI Optimized Routing and DDoS Protection in 35 European Locations

I'm not expecting anything big, I'm not even expecting any constant DDoS Attacks, it might only happen once a year, might not happen at all, but I'd rather know that we have the protection if we need it. We use CloudFlare, and when it's occurred before, CloudFlare hasn't made much difference.

OVH may well be a good option so far, do they require ID Verification in order to purchase a VPS?

Quote Originally Posted by GabrielCioran View Post
    @Sledger: I never said that I used OVH's services. I just affirmed that I saw lot of bad reviews about them on this forum and on other websites too:
    http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=1322603
    http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=1323927
    http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?p=8950911
    http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=1329888

Don't forget that "giants" started from "garage". Read about facebook, google or other big companies. Also being giant hosting company doesn't mean that quality is better or they are problem free
    Well only one of those 4 threads is where someone complains about OVH's DDOS protection in that case it was from within OVH's network so they VAC didn't block it.The other 3 threads are like this one where people asked about DDOS protected servers.I have said a lot in some of those threads which I don't wanna repeat again but in short I have a server with on which I am running game servers for my gaming community & we are often targets of DDOS attacks between 500 Mbps to 30 or 40 Gbps and never have our servers become unreachable due to DDOS attacks in last 5 months but before that when we were with Hetzner & Webtropia our servers would remian offline for a few hours almost daily due to DDOS attacks.

And I did not mean any disrespect by using the word "garage host" & it was not directed at you
    but at those people who continuously take cheap shots at OVH's DDOS protection so I request them to come up with something which actually proves its not good.So when I see someone accusing without any evidence it frowns me because in my experience it has been good until now.As I said in one of my previous posts that its not perfect by any standards but still its good enough.

And "a garage host" in my books is one who relies on lies to sell its products no matter if its small or big.It doesn't mean small hosts at all.
    Last edited by Shoaib_A; 01-08-2014 at 04:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Criot View Post
    OVH may well be a good option so far, do they require ID Verification in order to purchase a VPS?
    Sometimes they ask, sometimes they don't but if you are not a citizen of some non EU country & want to remove VAT then you must provide them ID & proof of address.
    Last edited by Shoaib_A; 01-08-2014 at 04:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sledger View Post
    Sometimes they ask, sometimes they don't but if you are not a citizen of some EU country & want to remove VAT then you must provide them ID & proof of address.
    It's just a fact of I don't have any way to provide them with ID, as I don't have a scanner unfortunately.

Best option would be to probably contact them and ask, thanks anyway!

Quote Originally Posted by Kurikami View Post
    I think Prometeus only offers ddos protection as "precaution" method, but once you will get ddosed they will not longer want you as a customer, that's what I understood from Maouniques bluffing on LEB.

I wouldn't recommend them for ddos protection.
    You're probably right. Will not reccomend them for DDoS needs anymore.
    My Top 20 benchmark list (and review site)