1. Time to Upgrade to VPS? Recommendations

Hi there,

We think it may be time to upgrade from our Hostgator Reseller Account to a VPS... not 100% sure but just thought i would see what your thoughts were.

Info:
    - Currently running around 50 websites, 75% of which are wordpress based (Mainly clients from a Web Designer Friend)
    - Running our own Offsite Backups Once per week
    - Using around 60GB of HDD Space
    - Hostgator Reseller Cost is similar to that of a VPS from the below companies

We are currently looking at TMZHosting and Big Brain Global, they both seem to have pretty good offerings, decent speeds to Asia and also have good reviews.

Both include backups of some description, cPanel, Fully Managed etc.

TMZHosting:
    CPU: 8 Cores (2x Priority)
    RAM: 2 GB
    Space: 100 GB (SSD-ACCELERATED / RAID 10)
    Bandwidth: 4,000 GB
    US$29 Per Month

Big Brain Global:
    RAM: 1 GB
    Space: 100 GB (RAID 10)
    Bandwidth: 2,000 GB
    Have Daily R1Soft Backups
    US$35 Per Month

Views/ideas/recommendations (VPS Companies etc) would be great!!

Thank you!

Do you have any location preference, since suggesting someone will be easier...

3. Quote Originally Posted by MikeIn View Post
    Do you have any location preference, since suggesting someone will be easier...
    West/Central USA seem to have decent speeds to Asia, obviously a VPS in Asia would be great, but from what I can see these are quite rare/expensive.

Can see BuyVM, BlueVM (US) prometeus.net, Edis(EU), Iniz, Frantech(if I am remembering the name correctly)
    To name a few good low cost ones, they use have some promo as well check out.

5. Quote Originally Posted by MikeIn View Post
    Can see BuyVM, BlueVM (US) prometeus.net, Edis(EU), Iniz, Frantech(if I am remembering the name correctly)
    To name a few good low cost ones, they use have some promo as well check out.
    I use BuyVM as my Backup Server... Frantech currently not doing packages etc, the others i have never heard of...

I would like opinions on TMZVPS and Big Brain Global, aswell as others offerring the same/similar, eg. WITH cPanel, Fully Managed etc. With good reputation and in the range of US$30-US$35 per month.

Sorry I think BuyVm and frantech are same :|

for both of them you can always check WHT review...
    Since can't remember of some bad review

Though based on specification go with TMZ

When upgrading from reseller hosting to VPS, I think you should upgrade to a managed VPS with cPanel. You will find yourself more comfortable.
    YagHost - Pure SSD Hosting | Since 2007 | Average Response Time: 15 min
    Web Hosting | Reseller Hosting | Managed VPS Hosting
    99.9% Server Uptime Guarantee | 24/7 Rapid Response Tech Support | 30 Day Money Back Guarantee
    LopHost.com - Web Hosting Tutorials

Do you have a hard line budget, 100gb would not be leaving you a lot of growing space, remember you will loose some of the 100gb to OS, CPanel e.t.c where your current 60gb on reseller will just be users files.

If this is your first VPS your want to find a provider that will do the move for you, or a outsource 3rd party managed provider. As moving from a reseller cpanel is not always as straight forward as root cpanel -> root cpanel.

9. Quote Originally Posted by Ashley Merrick View Post
    Do you have a hard line budget, 100gb would not be leaving you a lot of growing space, remember you will loose some of the 100gb to OS, CPanel e.t.c where your current 60gb on reseller will just be users files.

If this is your first VPS your want to find a provider that will do the move for you, or a outsource 3rd party managed provider. As moving from a reseller cpanel is not always as straight forward as root cpanel -> root cpanel.
    Thanks for your post.

I was over estimating the total HDD usage to be honest. 100GB would be enough to keep things going for quite a few months.

Its not my first VPS, but is my first VPS with cPanel, as per my first post i am looking at Fully Managed Providers and most of those will migrate the current accounts for me.

I just really want to know if it worth changing, or just stick with the reseller account until they complain about resource usage etc/or we find things super slow.
    Was just trying to be a bit proactive in it all.

Quote Originally Posted by ComputerAnything View Post
    Thanks for your post.

I was over estimating the total HDD usage to be honest. 100GB would be enough to keep things going for quite a few months.

Its not my first VPS, but is my first VPS with cPanel, as per my first post i am looking at Fully Managed Providers and most of those will migrate the current accounts for me.

I just really want to know if it worth changing, or just stick with the reseller account until they complain about resource usage etc/or we find things super slow.
    Do you feel there is anything you currently can't do due to your reseller that you would like to do?

Do you feel your clients suffer any performance issues due to your reseller.

If your trying to be proactive, but there is currently no issues with your current reseller then as the saying goes don't fix what isn't broken.

However if you would like to upgrade maybe another reseller to take you to the next step, more resources, better backend if you feel performance is an issue.

If you have a look through the reseller offer section your come across some higher end packages which could be the next step before a full VPS.

Hi there,

We think it may be time to upgrade from our Hostgator Reseller Account to a VPS... not 100% sure but just thought i would see what your thoughts were.

Info:
    - Currently running around 50 websites, 75% of which are wordpress based (Mainly clients from a Web Designer Friend)
    - Running our own Offsite Backups Once per week
    - Using around 60GB of HDD Space
    - Hostgator Reseller Cost is similar to that of a VPS from the below companies

We are currently looking at TMZHosting and Big Brain Global, they both seem to have pretty good offerings, decent speeds to Asia and also have good reviews.

Both include backups of some description, cPanel, Fully Managed etc.

TMZHosting:
    CPU: 8 Cores (2x Priority)
    RAM: 2 GB
    Space: 100 GB (SSD-ACCELERATED / RAID 10)
    Bandwidth: 4,000 GB
    US$29 Per Month

Big Brain Global:
    RAM: 1 GB
    Space: 100 GB (RAID 10)
    Bandwidth: 2,000 GB
    Have Daily R1Soft Backups
    US$35 Per Month

Views/ideas/recommendations (VPS Companies etc) would be great!!

Thank you!
    Morning,

Thank you for your interest in tmzVPS . Let me know if you have any questions. If you are looking for reviews you can search WHT since there are many here.

Good Luck.

- Daniel

Good morning, if you have any questions regarding our services please feel free to let me know or stop by our help desk (for faster responses).

Best of luck in your search.
    Doug, Sales Leader
    VPS | KVM SSD & SATA VPS | Dedicated Servers | Colocation
    99.999% Uptime | 24x7x365 Support | Global Data Centers
    www.bigbrainglobal.com | Big Brain Global Networks

If there are no problem with reseller account, then I would recommend to stick with it.

IMHO, I would go for vps only if I need special requirements for my sites like changing php memory, upload, mysql config, etc...
    Specially 4 You
    JoneSolutions.Com ( Jones.Solutions ) is on the net 24/7 providing stable and reliable web hosting solutions and services since 2001

Is it working ? Don't try fixing it.

You will have to pay quite more for a managed VPS with 100GB space.
    If everything is working stable, save yourself the hassle and the expense.

I'd have to disagree, unless you are with a very good reseller provider I think being in a more susceptible environment to abuse like reseller hosting that you would be much better off with a VPS. Even better an XEN or KVM VPS since they share very little resource, RAM and space are dedicated. None the less you will be able to utilize more from a VPS and in most cases benefit from much better performance of a server on a VPS node than a reseller server.
    SolaDrive - Enterprise Managed Solutions
    Specializing in Managed SSD VPS & Dedicated Servers in US & UK
    Rated #1 Provider at Top 20 VPS Providers For Performance
    Visit us at SolaDrive.com

16. Thank you everyone for your replies... 'Think' i have decided to leave this on the Reseller Account for the moment, BUT start another project with one of the afformentioned Companies, see how everything is over the next months and then move forward with migrating the Reseller Account.

Thanks for all your inputs!