Forgive my rant, but I am frothing at the mouth a bit. I sincerely hope that I've been given wrong information, or else I probably will punch my wall out.

A client of ours has all his domains registered through GoDaddy and asks us to setup his new dedicated servers in our rack.

I want to setup nameservers for his domain, so he can point everything to;

ns1.hisdomain.com
ns2.hisdomain.com

This requires registering custom nameservers, vanity nameservers, child nameservers...whatever you want to call them through the registrar. The technicaly term here is GLUE records.

So I need to setup 2 GLUE records.

I couldn't find a way to do this in their god awful dashboard, so gave them a ring.

The lady was nice, and I'm afraid I may have gotten a little rude toward the end.

In the beginning she told me straight away that I had to upgrade to Premium DNS. I was in complete disbelief and spent a good 20 minutes trying to explain exactly what I wanted.

The terms "child nameserver" and "GLUE record" rang ZERO bells. I had her run a Google search and find a Zerigo article with screenshots from their own panel.

http://www.zerigo.com/docs/managed-d...rds_at_godaddy

That's when she confirmed for me.

Guess what...you can't!!! You have to pay $2.99 a MONTH for "premium DNS" to have GLUE records.

How is this not against ICANN policy? How is the ability to manage GLUE records a PREMIUM feature!?!?!?!?

When the **** did this happen?

I'm am definitely writing an angry email to somebody. I'm desperately hoping someone here tells me I'm wrong.

This pretty much justifies my long hatred for this company. I may not have had a "solid" reason before, but this is outrageous.