Need Help In Finding A Good Host

Good afternoon everyone! The topic title says it all. I would give more information just so I hope I can give you guys more context. I run a WordPress site, a site dedicated to music (reviews of singles and albums are the norms). On a great month, I can pretty much average 500-1000 hits a day. I used StableHost's Stable plan on its Shared Hosting offerings before. I can say the experience was good. Support was fast (tickets would be answered in about 30 minutes) but this hosting plan has expired. So yes, I am exploring my options at the moment.

I run several plugins which I would list down below:
    W3 Total Cache
    WP Widget Cache
    WP Optimize
    All In One SEO Pack
    NRelate Related Content
    Twitter Cards Meta
    Digg Digg
    Google Analyticator
    Use Google Libraries
    SEO Image
    Disqus - for comments
    P3 Profiler - for plugin performance and how it impacts site load
    SoundCloud Shortcode - some music are uploaded on SoundCloud and having this installed saves time on my end
    Simple Facebook Connect - for the blog's Facebook fan page

Before the hosting plan expired, I was using the Pinboard theme which allowed me to use featured images. Featured images are important to me for they can allow my content to shine. Once I get back to blogging after buying a new host, WordPress' TwentyFourteen theme might be used.

As for the posts in the site, they are mostly text with images being uploaded for album artwork and the featured images. I "smush" the images before uploading and I also use Photoshop's Save for Web function for site speed purposes without compromising image quality. I do not upload music to my server. I rely on YouTube links, Spotify links, and SoundCloud links.

I am looking for great speed, reliability, and of course great overall service. StableHost is still in my options though SiteGround's offerings do intrigue me (more specifically it's GrowBig plan largely due to the SuperCacher offering) since I do plan to become a frequent blogger this 2014. I do not want to spend more than 15 dollars a month for a plan, if that helps.

Suggestions are very much welcome. I am still new when it comes to searching for great hosts. I do not think I can learn managing a VPS at this point.

If you are still looking for shared hosting check the offers section. And then look for reviews. If you have out grown shared hosting then you might consider a managed VPS if you do not wish to manage your site/server.
    OCOSA Communications | Since 2003
    http://www.ocosa.com
    Hosting, Connectivity, Professional Services

Alright! I will do that. Thank you so much for this idea.

If you were happy with StableHost, I think you should go with them.
    YagHost - Pure SSD Hosting | Since 2007 | Average Response Time: 15 min
    Web Hosting | Reseller Hosting | Managed VPS Hosting
    99.9% Server Uptime Guarantee | 24/7 Rapid Response Tech Support | 30 Day Money Back Guarantee
    LopHost.com - Web Hosting Tutorials

"All In One SEO Pack" is a problem plugin, a resource hog.
    || Need a good host?
    || See my Suggested Hosts List || Editorial: EIG/Site5/Arvixe/Hostgator Alternatives
    ||

If it isn’t broekn, don’t fix it. Since StableHost is working well for you there should be no reason to take the risk of going to a bad provider.

Just my $0.02.
    LIMENEX WEB HOSTING
    Affordable High Performance Web Hosting in United States & United Kingdom
    Web Hosting | Reseller Hosting | Managed VPS | Managed Dedicated Servers | Cheap SSL Certificates

Hi,

Yes if you can continue with your last host why not do that? Why the hassle of moving and ending up with a bad host? I can vouch for SiteGround - they have a good and fast services. Used it a couple of times in the past.

If you have no issue with StableHost why not stay with them?

Seems strange to want to change providers when no real need to, unless you haven't told us something?

Quote Originally Posted by TekHive View Post
    If you have no issue with StableHost why not stay with them?

Seems strange to want to change providers when no real need to, unless you haven't told us something?
    I think I have told everything. I am just exploring options! It does not hurt right? Maybe I am missing out on getting better services even if I was happy with the service I got last time with StableHost.

The (only) other option that come into mind would only be SiteGround.

Well, your requirement has no problem with shared hosting. The only problem is {"All In One SEO Pack" is a problem plugin, a resource hog}, as mentioned in previous post. Buy for a month or so and check their services rather than paying for a year and regretting later.
    Hostpaedia - Affordable, Reliable & Secure Web Hosting
    Web Hosting : Host Unlimited Websites, cPanel, Softaculous, Servers in USA and Germany
    Reseller Hosting : cPanel, Softaculous
    VPS Hosting : KVM VPS powered by Virtualizor

We use StableHost and have no problems, are very satisfaied

Quote Originally Posted by alex0 View Post
    Well, your requirement has no problem with shared hosting. The only problem is {"All In One SEO Pack" is a problem plugin, a resource hog}, as mentioned in previous post. Buy for a month or so and check their services rather than paying for a year and regretting later.
    So is it recommended that I use the Yoast SEO plugin instead? I have been using the All In One SEO pack since I began blogging because it does what I want and no need for me to tinker much with settings.

Quote Originally Posted by Play Hosting View Post
    Hi,

Yes if you can continue with your last host why not do that? Why the hassle of moving and ending up with a bad host? I can vouch for SiteGround - they have a good and fast services. Used it a couple of times in the past.
    How was the service of SiteGround? May I know why you stopped using them? It seems you did stop using them by the looks of this reply. Again, many thanks!

Yoast SEO is much lighter and stable plugin. It may remove the unnecessary load to your host.
    I'd like to add to the overall opinion that if you are happy with your host you should not move. You have a stable site, good support and if the price fits you - don't look away, we have seen many horror stories from websites being moved and never worked properly afterwards.

Quote Originally Posted by kambone View Post
    Yoast SEO is much lighter and stable plugin. It may remove the unnecessary load to your host.
    I'd like to add to the overall opinion that if you are happy with your host you should not move. You have a stable site, good support and if the price fits you - don't look away, we have seen many horror stories from websites being moved and never worked properly afterwards.
    Thank you so much! What made me post this really was the GrowBig offering of SiteGround. I am a bit hesitant in making the jump to be honest.