Fast Reliable, secure hosting?

I have been with hostgator since early 2011. They have been good up till late last year and early this year. Multiple times I have woke up to see my site on cloudflare offline mode.

My site get's 1,500 - 2,000 unique people a day. It's only a wordpress blog. I need stress free host that is fast, secure and has no downtime.

I have no idea who to go with. Can someone give me some good suggestions?
    Owner of one of the top SEO Companies in Canada. Caseo Ltd

I'd highly recommend InnoHosting. They're great & they know their stuff. Although you might have trouble with 1,500 to 2,000 uniques per day. You might want to talk to the sales department there because they may advise you to get a VPS

I suspect your site is offline because it is using too much resources. While the EIG buy-out may have contributed to a certain extent, in most cases, websites with extremely frequent downtime has got nothing to do with the host.

You should consider upgrading if your planing to leave host gator. Don't leave them and pick up the same service but from a different provider. With what your paying now are you willing to upgrade and pay a little more if yes then that is great and you may be able to find a provider who will rock your world.

First off do you know anything about servers and know what VPS hosting is? If no then you'll need to look at a managed solution.

They had a network outage today. They also had one last week. Site was offline for 4 hours or so.

Nothing to do with resources.

Quote Originally Posted by LuxuryServers View Post
    You should consider upgrading if your planing to leave host gator. Don't leave them and pick up the same service but from a different provider. With what your paying now are you willing to upgrade and pay a little more if yes then that is great and you may be able to find a provider who will rock your world.

First off do you know anything about servers and know what VPS hosting is? If no then you'll need to look at a managed solution.

I know about VPS's but I know enough that the amount of resources I use on my current plan would defiantly not warrant it.

I know the basics of running VPS but I would not trust my self in terms of the security and management of one.

An average shared hosting server should be able to handle 1,500 - 2,000 visitors without any issues. I suggest CrocWeb since I think it'll fit your website well.

Usage stats:
    http://i.imgur.com/iQuJaGK.png

I only use about 5GB bandwidth, I try cache my site a lot and I also use cloudflare.

Edit* The only thing that makes me think about getting a VPS is the fact that my site is growing at a very fast pace. Only 3 months ago we were getting 1000 visits. Now are growing to 40,000 - 70,000 a month. I have tried a VPS for another site I own in the past. It was managed but it still did not feel managed. It was a lot more of a pain than shared hosting..
    Last edited by toddfost; 01-06-2014 at 11:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by toddfost View Post
    My site get's 1,500 - 2,000 unique people a day.
    If you website traffic is increasing at a good rate, you should consider a VPS. Shared hosting should be able to host your website if traffic is around 2K a day.

BTW, do you have any preferred location like US / Asia / Europe / Canada. Your preferred location should depend on region from where your website gets most visits.
    YagHost - Fast Reliable Hosting Since 2009
    Managed VPS - NVMe DirectAdmin
    Web Hosting - NVMe SSD, AMD EPYC, 10 Gbps (US, Europe, Singapore)

How much is your budget? You say sometimes your site is on a cloudflare offline page, is your site a target of ddos attacks or was that a hostgator server problem?
    Epidrive Webhosting Solutions - Premium Quality Hosting Made Affordable
    Berry Servers - The Most Affordable VPS Servers

Quote Originally Posted by ravi_9793 View Post
    If you website traffic is increasing at a good rate, you should consider a VPS. Shared hosting should be able to host your website if traffic is around 2K a day.

BTW, do you have any preferred location like US / Asia / Europe / Canada. Your preferred location should depend on region from where your website gets most visits.
    My site mainly gets US traffic

Quote Originally Posted by FrapHost View Post
    How much is your budget? You say sometimes your site is on a cloudflare offline page, is your site a target of ddos attacks or was that a hostgator server problem?
    No, network issues with Hostgator. Happened 2 times this week.

Then why not try for a shared hosting itself, buy for month or so and check with the services. If they seem to be good upgrade it for one year. If you want more resources that is on the later stage you can always upgrade to a vps. As of now shared hosting would be better.
    Hostpaedia - Affordable, Reliable & Secure Web Hosting
    Web Hosting : Host Unlimited Websites, cPanel, Softaculous, Servers in USA and Germany
    Reseller Hosting : cPanel, Softaculous
    VPS Hosting : KVM VPS powered by Virtualizor

I recommend CrocWeb as-well I enjoyed my service with them before.