Smile Which fast chat client do you use/recommend?

I've been stuck between zopim and purechat, they are both free for only one agent. However, they are both slow as well. It seems like their cdn is having some issues, as zopim is loading forever on each page, and since my webhosting page is very fast, it significantly slows down website overall.

I'm not sure what to use? I used LiveZilla and I liked it when I was on windows, but I switched on Linux 2 years ago and all my staff is on linux, and LZ is not running through wine. My other option was to make a custom css/logo for online chat, but I want to hear other options (if available) for fast and responsive live chat client.

Thanks.
    BeltHosting.com Staff. Shared Web Hosting | Reseller Web Hosting | IRCD Hosting | psyBNC/sBNC/eggdrop/znc Hosting
    xShellz Linux Shell & IRCD Hosting.
    24/7 Live & Ticket Support

It looks like you use WHMCS for your billing. Why cannot you try the LiveChat module of WHMCS and it comes with a handy web UI as well. So you don't have to bother about the platform on which the client runs.

I do use WHMCS, but is that addon module fast enough? It will not slow-down my other webpages? Is there any live preview on webpages, so I can compare speed?
    BeltHosting.com Staff. Shared Web Hosting | Reseller Web Hosting | IRCD Hosting | psyBNC/sBNC/eggdrop/znc Hosting

I have seen a few hosts using it and I never felt any page load issues. Also I used the chat operator Web UI and it is nice as well.

It seems like Live Chat addon by WHMCS is not supported on linux. Is there some client which I can actually run on my linux? I prefer more desktop notifications, rather than to have an active tab in my browser all the time.

You can use the WebGUI with Linux which is fine. At least we have been using it for long time. Of course there are plenty of other solutions like http://www.phplivesupport.com/ . You may get more after a quick googling. Good luck!

I used to use Livechatinc. Loved it but pricey, as for whmcs one it works well on centos / cloudlinux.
    Licensecart - We only sell High Quality licenses
    Visit us @ Licensecart.com ~ sales(➾)licensecart.com ~ webhostbundle.com
    WHT isn't what it used to be… power changes people :]

I used livechatinc zopim and have used livezilla I have never had an issue with any of them but they can tend to be pricey. It also depends on how many agents you need to have online at one time. What your budget is. For livezilla I believe you can get an owned license and have unlimited agents and all of the premium stuff for one price.

But I have not used them lately so I do not know.

We use the LiveChat addon for WHMCS at ProperHost. It works good for our need, but we have also modified the embedded chat quite a bit (mostly layout). Feel free to check out a live version on our website to get a feel for it. It should not slow down the loading of the page as long as you load the scripts at the end of the page. We have also modified it slightly to delay the chat initializing code until after the page has fully loaded.

We use the desktop client version. There is a web interface as well, but it lacks some functionality.
    ProperHost.com // Magento Hosting Experts since 2008
    Magento Optimized Hosting powered by CloudLinux, LiteSpeed Enterprise, Percona and LiteMage Cache
    Now also with Magento 2.0 Support!
    Premium Magento Hosting | Managed Magento Servers | Magento Cloud Servers

It will be better if you give try to ************, Boldchat, Livechat. Personally I am using ************.

I love the hardwork and dedication that the zopim team puts into their product. They listen to suggestions, they do what they can to improve their service, and I've never had issues with them. They have had some bumps in the road, but they have really worked on resolving those issues.
    Last edited by Webhostpython; 01-17-2014 at 10:24 AM. Reason: Typo
    Webhostpython.com - Reliable Shared, Reseller, and KVM VPS Hosting Services.
    Dual Octa Core Xeon E5 Servers. RAID10 Storage. Enterprise DDOS Protection. Pure SSD Plans
    24/7 Support | Live Chat | In-House Support Staff | 1-800-929-9061 | Dallas, TX

Quote Originally Posted by johnadam View Post
    It will be better if you give try to ************, Boldchat, Livechat. Personally I am using ************.
    shameless self promotion?

I have used livechatin for years and it was best for me. I would highly recommend it for any companies that provide chat support as it is easy to track pre-sales questions, rating about our chat , weekly reports etc