Reliable host to help mov 5 add-on domain

Hi,

First of all, I'm happy with my hosting company but...we need to move 5 domain/company to their own hosting company/account.

I need a reliable host that will help me move 5 add-on domain/contents.

Thanks
    CyberTime Communications is a one-stop shop for all your telecommunications needs. We offer a complimentary range of services that include High Speed Internet Cafe, Game, Cellular and Pager Services, Prepaid Phone Cards (Wireless and Long Distance), Computer Sales, Repairs and Services, Photocopying, Fax and Consultation.

Do you need them moved to a new hosting company? Or you need the moved to new accounts on your current host?

Do you mean that you have 5 add-on domains with your current host, and you want to move them so that they are each accounts in their own right? You're looking for a new host for those sites, presumably because your existing host either won't split them off, or would charge you for doing so?

If so, your best bet is to find a few hosts you like the look of, and ask if they'd do this for you. It's potentially quite a lot of work to separate out add-on domains into their own account - it all depends on how complex they accounts are. Hosts are going to want to help, but they're also going to be cautious about doing several hours work at no charge if you might then package up a backup and move elsewhere. Which is why the best thing is to discuss it with them - ask them to be totally straight with you, and you be straight with them.
    Not as active on WHT as I used to be, but still drop in and receive email notifications from here.
    My personal blog site: https://www.oakleys.org.uk/blog

It would be easy for the provider to do this for you, all they need to do is login zip each one up, make the accounts on their server and wget them over.

As James says, find a few you like and ask them if they are willing to work with you to move the addon domains to them. You might be better with a small reseller account so you can manage them all in one place.

I recommend FreshRoastedHosting and CrocWeb, good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by CW Mike View Post
    It would be easy for the provider to do this for you, all they need to do is login zip each one up, make the accounts on their server and wget them over.
    Easy... until there are IMAP mailboxes to migrate, mail forwarders and rules, Mailman lists, databases that will get a different account-based prefix, database users that need the right passwords and table-permissions assigning, ...

It all depends - it could be a 2-minute job, or it could be much longer. What you don't want is a host who says they'll do it, but will in fact only do half the job without telling you which half they haven't done.
    Not as active on WHT as I used to be, but still drop in and receive email notifications from here.
    My personal blog site: https://www.oakleys.org.uk/blog

Quote Originally Posted by OakHosting_James View Post
    Easy... until there are IMAP mailboxes to migrate, mail forwarders and rules, Mailman lists, databases that will get a different account-based prefix, database users that need the right passwords and table-permissions assigning, ...

It all depends - it could be a 2-minute job, or it could be much longer. What you don't want is a host who says they'll do it, but will in fact only do half the job without telling you which half they haven't done.
    Yeah I forgot about emails haha.

Thanks for the replies.

The email addresses on the add-on domains are hardly used. I want to retain the old messages.
    CyberTime Communications is a one-stop shop for all your telecommunications needs. We offer a complimentary range of services that include High Speed Internet Cafe, Game, Cellular and Pager Services, Prepaid Phone Cards (Wireless and Long Distance), Computer Sales, Repairs and Services, Photocopying, Fax and Consultation.

Quote Originally Posted by CodeNSupport View Post
    Do you need them moved to a new hosting company? Or you need the moved to new accounts on your current host?
    Hi,

I'm looking for a new host so I can separate the domains/accounts.

As James says, find a few you like and ask them if they are willing to work with you to move the addon domains to them. You might be better with a small reseller account so you can manage them all in one place.

I recommend FreshRoastedHosting and CrocWeb, good luck.
    Thanks, I will check around

Yeah I forgot about emails haha.
    Thanks for the replies.

The email addresses on the add-on domains are hardly used. I want to retain the old messages.

Quote Originally Posted by cybertime View Post
    Hi,

I'm looking for a new host so I can separate the domains/accounts.
    You can also look into getting a reseller account (will be more economical) than just getting 5 separate cPanel accounts. Moving add-on domain names can be a bit tricky and time consuming though, so be sure to keep that in mind.
    Looking for an awesome VPS Offer? CLICK HERE

"Knowing is not enough, we must apply. Willing is not enough, we must do." – Bruce Lee

Quote Originally Posted by FernGullyGraphics View Post
    You can also look into getting a reseller account (will be more economical) than just getting 5 separate cPanel accounts. Moving add-on domain names can be a bit tricky and time consuming though, so be sure to keep that in mind.
    Thanks for the suggestion.

I will do some research and educate myself on reseller account.

Reseller account will not only be cheaper but will also give you better control of your websites. You will also be able to create separate new cPanel accounts for your new websites or friends websites.
    YagHost - Fast Reliable Hosting Since 2009
    Managed VPS - NVMe DirectAdmin
    Web Hosting - NVMe SSD, AMD EPYC, 10 Gbps (US, Europe, Singapore)

Your happy with your current hosting right? They didn't want to do this for you?

Do you have any other requirements? Storage, budget, etc...?
    bihira.com | 10+ Years of Web Hosting Experience!
    Shared Hosting | Reseller Hosting | 30 Day Money Back Guarantee
    cPanel | CloudLinux | R1Soft | Softaculous
    Find us on facebook and follow us on twitter @bihira

Quote Originally Posted by Bihira View Post
    Your happy with your current hosting right? They didn't want to do this for you?

Do you have any other requirements? Storage, budget, etc...?
    Yes I am. I'm hosting with stablehost but they want to charge between $225.00 to $300.00 in addition to the hosting fees to move the add-on domains.

No special requirements, mostly a one-page website plus old e-mails that we want to retain.

Quote Originally Posted by cybertime View Post
    No special requirements, mostly a one-page website plus old e-mails that we want to retain.
    You can download mails using IMAP on your local computer using any email client like windows mail app. Or you can use gmail and download copies of mail in your gmail account.

gmail >> Setting >> Forwarding and POP/IMAP
    YagHost - Fast Reliable Hosting Since 2009
    Managed VPS - NVMe DirectAdmin
    Web Hosting - NVMe SSD, AMD EPYC, 10 Gbps (US, Europe, Singapore)