* Hosting Solution Help

i run a website which gets around 400,000-700,000 unique visitors per month

it is currently hosted via godaddy with unlimited bandwidth, and i also use maxcdn with monthly bandwidth of 4TB, along with using cloudflare.

my site is on wordpress so i am using maxcdn and cloudflare as these are recommended with the w3 cache plugin i am using.

however having 3 separate hosting providers is little confusing and harder to manage.

so would a dedicated server with say 5TB of bandwidth do on its own? or should i still use a CDN?

Having the CDN helps speed up my site and makes it super fast

I am bit of a hosting noob.

It might be useful to get an idea on what kind of site it is exactly.
    Don't you have an overview of your bandwidth to have an idea how much you actually need?

If you are a hosting 'noob' I suggest you find a managed dedicated server provider.

Post Hi,

Quote Originally Posted by foamymedia View Post

it is currently hosted via godaddy with unlimited bandwidth, and i also use maxcdn with monthly bandwidth of 4TB, along with using cloudflare.

my site is on wordpress so i am using maxcdn and cloudflare as these are recommended with the w3 cache plugin i am using.

however having 3 separate hosting providers is little confusing and harder to manage.

so would a dedicated server with say 5TB of bandwidth do on its own? or should i still use a CDN?

Not sure where you're getting the three different hosting providers comment from (CloudFlare doesn't host content and your site is still hosted at GoDaddy).

Quote Originally Posted by foamymedia View Post

Honestly, I believe your best bet would be to look at several providers and talk to their Sales departments to get quotes for a comparable configuration that will suit your needs.

I agree that you are likely spreading things out a bit more than you need to at present.

You will likely find numerous different configurations that will work great for your purposes, and it will provide you with more of an idea of what exactly it is that you will need, and where to go from there.

Best of luck in getting things consolidated!

I would suggest going dedicated, if your budget will allow it. Managed, if possible.
    I always prefer dedicated, but your site sounds like it needs its own.

How much bandwidth do you use per month?

I understand it appears that you are dealing with 3 hosting companies but you are only dealing with 1 hosting company and 2 CDNs. I would say since you are using wordpress that most of your content is static which is perfect for CDNs and you will not get anything better for the money then a CDN for speed and uptime. That said

If you want to bring everything under 1 roof here we go. Looks like you spend about 240 a month with maxcdn but you did not say what you spent with cloudflare and godaddy. In the special offers VPS section you can get a managed VPS (one that is considered very good here on WHT) with 10T and plenty of RAM and CPU for $100 a month. This would do the job

Maybe there is a hosting provider that has integration with both Cloudfare and MaxCDN. Sound like your ideal solution.

foamymedia,

I would suggest you do something like this:

get either a good vps/dedicated server and implement varnish on top of wordpress this will allow you to cache frequently accessed pages. Keep your image content on CDN for now if it's making a big difference for you on page speed. Otherwise you can serve that as well from varnish. On varnish you want it to be setup to you use memory as the storage medium. Your goal in life should be to serve as much assets from RAM as possible and alleviate disk access usage and dynamic content generation whenever possible.

Let me know if you have questions or want a more detailed explanation.