Decent host. Should I go with host rocket?

Ok so right now I use an 'unlimited' shared web hosting setup, I have about 45 domains on it. My pricing in amazing and speed and uptime is generally good.

However this week they have suffered a massive ddos and I need to find a decent host for just two of my websites. I need to accept email, run crons, and have simple MySQL functionality.

I need 100% uptime. Also i would prefer an IP that isn't blacklisted by google ( of course that information is always found out after the fact)

I just need something snappy and reliable. I do not want to go with a huge company that messes with 404s and things. A simple shared cpanel setup would be good.

For shared hosting I would highly recommend MDDHosting. I have worked with Mike before and he runs a tight ship.

Mysql, crons, email are all standard things included in shared hosting.

- Daniel
    Managed & Unmanaged SSD VPS's by tmzVPS.com | FAST PURE SSD & HDD Plans!
    █ Locations in USA & United Kingdom - Legal Adult Content Allowed! 24/7 Certified Support.
    cPanel/WHM Included | Premium Softaculous | Data Migration Included with Managed Support.
    █ INSTANT SETUP | Paypal, Skrill, 2checkout, BitCoin & all Major Credit Cards Accepted! Skype: tmzvps.chat

Agreed with that recommendation. Although be careful: If you're hosting 45 domains, those domains together go to make up your disk space and transfer limits, as well as the server resources (like CPU and RAM) that you have available. Spread between 45 domains you're likely to get very thin resources for each.

How many pageloads do they get between them each day, and how much disk space do they take up? You'd need a budget that's appropriate for what you're doing - and you may want to look at a reseller provider instead. Some people think this is only if you want to resell hosting to others. In fact, reseller packages simply allow you to create multiple shared accounts, and sometimes this is a great solution where you have multiple sites of your own.
    James

Interested in which hosts I'd recommend? Unmanaged VPS Reviews | Managed VPS Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Nickfost View Post
    Ok so right now I use an 'unlimited' shared web hosting setup, I have about 45 domains on it. My pricing in amazing and speed and uptime is generally good.

However this week they have suffered a massive ddos and I need to find a decent host for just two of my websites. I need to accept email, run crons, and have simple MySQL functionality.

I need 100% uptime. Also i would prefer an IP that isn't blacklisted by google ( of course that information is always found out after the fact)

I just need something snappy and reliable. I do not want to go with a huge company that messes with 404s and things. A simple shared cpanel setup would be good.
    Prior to the DDoS how was the service? Ultimately the issue you have is any company can be DDoS'd and any shared server can have the IP blacklisted in Google. While diversifying sites is always good, you might just end up having the same issue with the next provider.
    Synersis Media | Boutique Technology Marketing Agency

I think in shared hosting the companies give managing services. If you get a DDOs they take care for this. You can also have reseller hosting where you can host 45 domains on individual accounts as well.
    ⓐ➒AlphaNine Networks / Datacomm / GSP

Shared hosting | cPanel reseller | VPS | Dedicated Servers | SSL | VOIP | GSP | Management |
    99.9% uptime | 24/7 Support | Easy Control Panels | Operating Since 2000 |

Unless you pay the premium for DDoS protection, practically any shared host you switch to is vulnerable to DDoS. It's best to stick with your present host if they work well for you.
    LIMENEX WEB HOSTING
    Affordable High Performance Web Hosting in United States & United Kingdom
    Web Hosting | Reseller Hosting | Managed VPS | Managed Dedicated Servers | Cheap SSL Certificates

So you are looking to move only 2 web sites or all 45 ?
    If the latter, you said you get an amazing price, can you share what is your budget for this whole thing?

Were the 2 domains attacked by DDoS? You would need a DDoS protected shared provider for those 2 domains if that is the case, otherwise there are tons of reliable providers to choose from and Hostrocket has been around quite a while as well

So answering a few questions.

The attack wasn't on me. It was directories towards me web host. Which resulted in 4 days of downtime. They now have a 100gbit worth of ddos mitigation capabilities. I think I might just stay with them or the time being. It's very fast and very cost affective for me and my projects

Anyone want to give me suggestions beyond what I think I should do?

I appreciate the replies and I'm not very familiar with this forum but I think I'll stick around.

These things sometimes can happen and you won't be able to find 100% uptime. That's just not possible. I've never seen that. Attacks can happen anywhere and it sounds like you are overall happy with them I say unless you really want to move just stick with it.
    Fully customized hosting to your specific needs, no general plans found here!
    'Read before you click I agree' - J

Quote Originally Posted by Nickfost View Post
    The attack wasn't on me. It was directories towards me web host. Which resulted in 4 days of downtime. They now have a 100gbit worth of ddos mitigation capabilities. I think I might just stay with them or the time being. It's very fast and very cost affective for me and my projects
    My suggestion would be to continue with your current provider. They seems to be working effectively on the problems and also seems to provide a very good hosting provider.
    YagHost - Pure SSD Hosting | Since 2007 | Average Response Time: 15 min
    Web Hosting | Reseller Hosting | Managed VPS Hosting
    99.9% Server Uptime Guarantee | 24/7 Rapid Response Tech Support | 30 Day Money Back Guarantee
    LopHost.com - Web Hosting Tutorials

Yeah, DDOS can happen with any shared webhost and rather than switching your current provider, ask them what all steps were implemented to mitigate the DDOS attack and why it took 4 days to resolve this?

Based on their answer you can analyze things better. If they had tracked down the target account or placed the server behind Hardware firewall, it would have resolved even sooner.

If that attack was that huge, they could have nulled the IP under attack for 12 hours to see if that made any changes to the network traffic.