Hybrid View

Needs an unmanaged dedicated server

I need an unmanaged dedicated server with the following features:

1. free port for me to reboot the server remotely
    2. Ability to re install OS
    3. The Bios should be be virtualization enabled (Since I will be using Xen or kvm virtualization)
    4 2GB of RAM, 250GB Hard disc space (but should be upgradable)
    5. 5 free IP (with ability to add more IP)
    6. Should not be more than $60 per month. Would prefer ($30 to $50) per month
    7. Port speed must be either 100Mbps or 1000Mbps
    8. Bandwidth should not be less than 1 TB per month
    9. Paypal only payment not good

I would be very grateful if anyone can give me a good suggestion on where i can get such dedicated server provider. I am trying to move from VPS to dedicated server. The current dedicated server I have is not good and has messed me up badly.

You can find a server with higher RAM in datashack.net with 60$ mo

Any particular reason why you think you need a remote reboot port? Those usually run $20/month alone, so that's going to drastically limit your options. Doing a hard reboot will more than likely lead to data corruption eventually. Most datacenters have staff 24/7, so if something goes down, it shouldn't take more than 10-15 minutes to get a reboot.
    Loop Internet
    AS 394868 - Wilkes-Barre, PA
    █ Fiber Internet and Colocation
    99.999% Uptime SLA - 24/7/365 Support

Any particular reason why you think you need a remote reboot port?

Yes. I have had bad experience with remote reboot ticket that was not replied for about 19 hours. This caused downtime and I only succeeded in annoying my clients. Remote reboot is only necessary after installation and system updates

Quote Originally Posted by rojadcomputech View Post
    Any particular reason why you think you need a remote reboot port?

Yes. I have had bad experience with remote reboot ticket that was not replied for about 19 hours. This caused downtime and I only succeeded in annoying my clients. Remote reboot is only necessary after installation and system updates
    Offering customers Out of band access (IPMI) has been an excellent addition to our service. Customers love being able to handle issues on their own, especially troubleshooting on the console and connecting remote media to do their own installs. It also meets the needs of customers immediately instead of forcing them to wait for staff to handle a ticket. This is an especially good feature for someone shopping for an unmanaged server.

HOWEVER... there has been a lot of discussion lately about IPMI vulnerabilities which can really be a problem for you. So you need to make sure your provider implements strong security for your management systems.

Cheap Dedicated Servers

I don't know exactly why you have the requirements you do, but I have been really happy with

Uptano.com

Inexpensive compared to other dedicated, and I have full control, which I like.

Another good providers at low budget dedicated server is:
    http://joesdatacenter.com
    https://www.tailormadeservers.com
    http://********.ws/

I would like to thank you all for your reply. I will try them

have a look at securedservers.com in there Outlet. should be exactly what you are looking for.