Results 1 to 29 of 29
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    41

    Thumbs up Can you recommend the best VPS?

    Can i get some ideas from members about the best VPS

    I have 10 website scripts that need cronjobs, and auto updating content scripts ...98GB of data in total

    I am not to experienced with VPS hosting so any recommendations/hints/help would be appreciated

    My 10 website scripts were to much for a shared hosting plan to handle at webhostinghub so i need an upgrade, My budget is $15 to $25 a month

    thanks

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    LocalHost
    Posts
    1,303
    There is nothing called best hosting. It can be good hosting as per your requirements.

    I guess you want a managed VPS with cPanel and your budget is $15 to $25 a month
    YagHost - Pure SSD Hosting | Since 2007 | Average Response Time: 15 min
    Web Hosting | Reseller Hosting | Managed VPS Hosting
    99.9% Server Uptime Guarantee | 24/7 Rapid Response Tech Support | 30 Day Money Back Guarantee
    LopHost.com - Web Hosting Tutorials

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    41

    Thumbs up

    Quote Originally Posted by ravi_9793 View Post
    There is nothing called best hosting. It can be good hosting as per your requirements.

    I guess you want a managed VPS with cPanel and your budget is $15 to $25 a month
    Thanks for replying ravi

    sure i realize there is no "best" answer but just an idea on experiences from other members with vps hosting, good service at a decent price etc etc

    just a little help would be nice

    yes $15 to $25 is as much as i can pay a month

    shared hosting is $6 to $13 a month on average so i am guessing around $25 would get me alot further with less resource hassles of a shared hosting plan

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    LocalHost
    Posts
    1,303
    Quote Originally Posted by rocky009 View Post
    Thanks for replying ravi

    sure i realize there is no "best" answer but just an idea on experiences from other members with vps hosting, good service at a decent price etc etc

    just a little help would be nice

    yes $15 to $25 is as much as i can pay a month

    shared hosting is $6 to $13 a month on average so i am guessing around $25 would get me alot further with less resource hassles of a shared hosting plan
    Managed VPS hosting is costly compared to shared / reseller hosting. cPanel licence itself costs $10-15/month.

    Can you please specify your requirements like:
    Preferred location
    Memory
    Hard Disk
    Bandwidth
    etc...
    YagHost - Pure SSD Hosting | Since 2007 | Average Response Time: 15 min
    Web Hosting | Reseller Hosting | Managed VPS Hosting
    99.9% Server Uptime Guarantee | 24/7 Rapid Response Tech Support | 30 Day Money Back Guarantee
    LopHost.com - Web Hosting Tutorials

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    41
    Quote Originally Posted by ravi_9793 View Post
    Managed VPS hosting is costly compared to shared / reseller hosting. cPanel licence itself costs $10-15/month.

    Can you please specify your requirements like:
    Preferred location
    Memory
    Hard Disk
    Bandwidth
    etc...
    So in other words i need to spend over $40 plus?

    that's the impression i get

    I will probably need 100GB disk, atleast
    i have no idea how much memory or bandwidth

    not sure which location

    <--- not experienced

    i just know how to install and maintain my websites

    enough to run 10 website scripts with cronjobs

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    LocalHost
    Posts
    1,303
    I think you should start with minimum 1GB RAM managed VPS with cPanel.

    Your preferred location should depend on the region from where your websites gets most visitors like US / Europe/ Asia / Canada.
    YagHost - Pure SSD Hosting | Since 2007 | Average Response Time: 15 min
    Web Hosting | Reseller Hosting | Managed VPS Hosting
    99.9% Server Uptime Guarantee | 24/7 Rapid Response Tech Support | 30 Day Money Back Guarantee
    LopHost.com - Web Hosting Tutorials

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Middletown, USA
    Posts
    2,071
    You can find a vps with this budget without panel,and for admin panel you can use directadmin,many of providers offer directadmin panel for 5$ or free.
    ServerSub.com - Managed and Unmanaged Virtual & Dedicated Server|XenServer Windows & Linux VPS
    - New York City|Miami|Singapore|Hong Kong|UK|Netherlands|Germany|France|Canada​|Lithuania|Dallas
    - VPS and Dedicated Servers in 11 Global location 100% Pure SSD Reseller & Shared Host
    cPanel NOC| Microsoft SPLA| PayPal, Credit Card, Bitcoin, Skrill, Payza, WebMoney, PerfectMoney Accepted!

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    41
    So i guess the "US" would be my preferred website traffic location, or atleast the traffic i will target

    can either of you 2 guys recommend 1 or 2 vps hosts that would suit my requirements as i have stated above?

    lead me in the right direction please

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    41
    I see that Yaghost has a 1GB, 20 GB SSD Space for the $30 a month

    but 20GB would not be enough for me, that's the problem

    i have around 100GB of data full of websites

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    41
    also serversub.com has this deal

    Mini VPS II
    1024 MB DEDICATED RAM DDR3 One Core 3.2 Ghz Processor 100 GB Storage UNMETERED Traffic / 1Gbit Port 1 IP Addresses Software RAID 1

    does that have a cpanel and would it suit my needs?

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by rocky009 View Post
    also serversub.com has this deal

    Mini VPS II
    1024 MB DEDICATED RAM DDR3 One Core 3.2 Ghz Processor 100 GB Storage UNMETERED Traffic / 1Gbit Port 1 IP Addresses Software RAID 1

    does that have a cpanel and would it suit my needs?
    how much is it though?

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    41
    Quote Originally Posted by ihavevps View Post
    how much is it though?
    its 14.99 $/Mo for that one plus $13.99/mo for cpanel

    they also have this one which i like:

    Pro VPS I
    2048 MB DEDICATED RAM DDR3 2 Core 3.2 Ghz Processor 200 GB Storage UNMETERED Traffic / 1Gbit Port 1 IP Addresses Software RAID 1
    25.99 $/Mo


    But i would not be able to afford the cpanel as well with that plan

    If i went with either one of those i probably will not have any more "resource" issues like i did with my shared hosting on webhostinghub?

    my resource problems would be over wouldn't it if i invested in there VPS?

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Spain
    Posts
    4,222
    Up your budget and look at FutureHosting and Knownhost!

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    41
    Quote Originally Posted by XTremo View Post
    Up your budget and look at FutureHosting and Knownhost!
    easier said than done, i gotta make money before i can spend it, that's the problem

    up by how much? I'm probably not gonna get anything decent under $50/mo am i

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Spain
    Posts
    4,222
    Quote Originally Posted by rocky009 View Post
    easier said than done, i gotta make money before i can spend it, that's the problem

    up by how much? I'm probably not gonna get anything decent under $50/mo am i
    Check the VPS offers section.....both of them will have offers available.

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Kepler 62f
    Posts
    14,877
    For 100gb of space, it's going to be more than $50 for managed VPS hosting.
    || Need a good host?
    || See my Suggested Hosts List || Editorial: EIG/Site5/Arvixe/Hostgator Alternatives
    ||

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    .ssh
    Posts
    976
    I would probably raise your budget a little, and shop around, check reviews and offers and see what you find, but be careful who you choose.

    I would recommend you but the pricing would be out your budget

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Middletown, USA
    Posts
    2,071
    Quote Originally Posted by rocky009 View Post
    its 14.99 $/Mo for that one plus $13.99/mo for cpanel

    they also have this one which i like:

    Pro VPS I
    2048 MB DEDICATED RAM DDR3 2 Core 3.2 Ghz Processor 200 GB Storage UNMETERED Traffic / 1Gbit Port 1 IP Addresses Software RAID 1
    25.99 $/Mo


    But i would not be able to afford the cpanel as well with that plan

    If i went with either one of those i probably will not have any more "resource" issues like i did with my shared hosting on webhostinghub?

    my resource problems would be over wouldn't it if i invested in there VPS?
    Thanks for interesting about our plans,if you want to use cPanel it is better to choose a plan with min 1024MB ,also if your budget is limited you can choose DirectAdmin panel,its 1/3 of cPanel price and use less resources on server.
    ServerSub.com - Managed and Unmanaged Virtual & Dedicated Server|XenServer Windows & Linux VPS
    - New York City|Miami|Singapore|Hong Kong|UK|Netherlands|Germany|France|Canada​|Lithuania|Dallas
    - VPS and Dedicated Servers in 11 Global location 100% Pure SSD Reseller & Shared Host
    cPanel NOC| Microsoft SPLA| PayPal, Credit Card, Bitcoin, Skrill, Payza, WebMoney, PerfectMoney Accepted!

  19. #19
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Cusco Perú
    Posts
    548
    You may also be interested to see the reviews in:

    https://vpsboard.com/forum/13-reviews/

    My recommendation is ramnode.com

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    41
    Thanks for the advice

    this is one of the deals that looked ok on ramnode:

    OpenVZ SSD VPS (SVZ v2) - Seattle - 2048MB SVZ
    » Operating System: CentOS 5 64-bit
    » Location: Seattle
    » Extra IP Address: 1 Extra IPv4 Address
    » DDoS-Filtered IP (Manual Setup): None
    $30.00 USD
    15% Recurring Discount: $4.50 USD
    Total Due Today: $25.50 USD

    but it does not say how much disk space i get with it, unless i am missing something?

    $25 is good but yaghost has a better deal with 4GB ram and 250GB SSD disk space for the same price

    boy!, its tough finding the right host and plan

    and i could not find any reviews for Yaghost, is there a review for yaghost that i am missing?

  21. #21
    rocky009 - the disk space is listed on the first part of the order form. It would be 80GB RAID10 SSD. Make sure you are comparing SSD to SSD, not SSD-cached.
    RamNode - #1 SSD VPS
    High Performance SSD and SSD-Cached VPS
    NYC - LA - ATL - SEA - NL - 1Gbps - IPv6 - DDoS Protection - AS3842
    Get your super fast VPS today! - www.ramnode.com

  22. #22
    The only deal yaghost has with 4GB ram, is the VPS for $99 - and that one only has 45GB SSD space. I haven't seen managed VPS's with that kind of space needed, for under $100, unless you're willing to take chances with "newcomers" on the hosting scene, and you can burn your case severely by putting valuable sites in the hands of not so knowledgable host masters. And that's if you're lucky

  23. #23
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    LocalHost
    Posts
    1,303
    Quote Originally Posted by bindner View Post
    The only deal yaghost has with 4GB ram, is the VPS for $99 - and that one only has 45GB SSD space. I haven't seen managed VPS's with that kind of space needed, for under $100, unless you're willing to take chances with "newcomers" on the hosting scene, and you can burn your case severely by putting valuable sites in the hands of not so knowledgable host masters. And that's if you're lucky
    We also have managed VPS plans with SSD Accelerated disk for $29/month and free cPanel. I cannot post the link because of forum rules.
    YagHost - Pure SSD Hosting | Since 2007 | Average Response Time: 15 min
    Web Hosting | Reseller Hosting | Managed VPS Hosting
    99.9% Server Uptime Guarantee | 24/7 Rapid Response Tech Support | 30 Day Money Back Guarantee
    LopHost.com - Web Hosting Tutorials

  24. #24
    I just looked at your website via iPhone. Maybe that you have other offers hidden from mobile users, or current offers in WHT, sorry. Couldn't see any offers that met OP's need for space, that's all I ment. Managed VPS + much HDD = $$$ - and that's anywhere you look.

  25. #25
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    LocalHost
    Posts
    1,303
    Quote Originally Posted by bindner View Post
    I just looked at your website via iPhone. Maybe that you have other offers hidden from mobile users, or current offers in WHT, sorry.
    Yes, the plan I am referring is a WHT offer
    YagHost - Pure SSD Hosting | Since 2007 | Average Response Time: 15 min
    Web Hosting | Reseller Hosting | Managed VPS Hosting
    99.9% Server Uptime Guarantee | 24/7 Rapid Response Tech Support | 30 Day Money Back Guarantee
    LopHost.com - Web Hosting Tutorials

  26. #26
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    5,842
    Another point of comparison you might want to consider is vswap. There are some OpenVZ providers still using the older UBC system from RHEL5, which is notorious for overestimating your usage by a factor of 2 or more. A generous "burst memory" limit will give you some compensation but it's still a PITA that you can avoid by going with one of the newer vswap systems.
    Chris

    "Some problems are so complex that you have to be highly intelligent and well informed just to be undecided about them." - Laurence J. Peter

  27. #27
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    41
    Quote Originally Posted by Nick A View Post
    rocky009 - the disk space is listed on the first part of the order form. It would be 80GB RAID10 SSD. Make sure you are comparing SSD to SSD, not SSD-cached.
    SSD is new to me and i never bought an SSD harddrive, but i am starting to understand about the SSD from this site

    the SSD drive is fast, that i know now but can you fit more on an SSD, what i mean is if i have 80GB of normal data and transfer it to the 80GB SSD ftp server will it then be 60GB of data on the SSD drive?, just like when you compress a normal hard drive before you put data on it to save space

    if that at all makes any sense lol
    Last edited by rocky009; 01-06-2014 at 02:20 AM.

  28. #28
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    543
    Quote Originally Posted by rocky009 View Post
    the SSD drive is fast, that i know now but can you fit more on an SSD, what i mean is if i have 80GB of normal data and transfer it to the 80GB SSD ftp server will it then be 60GB of data on the SSD drive?, just like when you compress a normal hard drive before you put data on it to save space
    No. 80GB of data is 80GB of data, regardless of the storage media it's on. If you compress it, it becomes smaller but there is no difference between HDD and SSD in that regard.

    SSD storage is faster than HDD storage, with the tradeoff being that SSD are much more expensive per gigabyte (to the point of 120GB consumer SSDs costing roughly the same as 1TB HDDs). So which is best depends on your needs and your budget.

  29. #29
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    41
    Quote Originally Posted by i7Grendel View Post
    No. 80GB of data is 80GB of data, regardless of the storage media it's on. If you compress it, it becomes smaller but there is no difference between HDD and SSD in that regard.

    SSD storage is faster than HDD storage, with the tradeoff being that SSD are much more expensive per gigabyte (to the point of 120GB consumer SSDs costing roughly the same as 1TB HDDs). So which is best depends on your needs and your budget.
    I realize that was a silly question but if you don't ask you'll never know, cheers

    I have built up quite afew offers now, i am really glad i found this site

    thanks everyone who helped me out, i really did appreciate it

Similar Threads

  1. Recommend me a VPS
    By Cheetah05 in forum VPS Hosting
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 01-09-2012, 07:32 AM
  2. Recommend VPS?
    By trackbikes in forum Web Hosting
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 06-08-2010, 12:40 PM
  3. Replies: 18
    Last Post: 06-19-2008, 08:09 AM
  4. Recommend VPS
    By bruce666 in forum VPS Hosting
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-20-2008, 05:53 PM
  5. recommend VPs
    By hitmeback in forum VPS Hosting
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 01-05-2006, 06:44 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •