Angry My (bad) experience with photonvps.com cloud SSD hosting

Hello,

I am a customer of photonvps.com for about a year.

I have several Linux VPS and ordered a Linux Cloud SSD server about 4 months ago.

After photonvps performed scheduled maintenance starting on January 4th, 2014 around 2 AM PST (GMT-8) my SSD cloud VM is off.

The VM is off for more than 6 hours.

Here the answers from photonvps support:

====== five hours ago

Hello,

We are checking the issue & will get back to you with further details. Hence, please kindly wait for our next reply.

Thank you.

Regards,
    Sandy.
    Level1 Engineer.

====== four hours ago

Hello,

Thank you for contacting support team.
    We are checking with your issue.
    Please be standby for our updates.

Davit P

Level1 Engineer.

===== two hours ago

Hello,

Thank you for writing to the support team. We apologize for the delay in response.

Still we are working on your issue, once done we will get back to you shortly, please standby.

If you have any other doubts then please let us know.

Scott

Level2 Engineer.

======= one hour ago

Hello,

Thank you for your patience.
    We are working on your issue once done we will update you please standby.

Thank you,
    -------------

Sabri

Level 1 Engineer.

No more feedback from photonvps.com support staff and my VM is still off.

I opened tickets to sales and support - no answer.

We had a scheduled maintenance that took longer than expected and we do apologize for that. As of this post, all VMs are up and running. If you're still having issues, please contact our support desk for further assistance.
    Psychz Networks - Dedicated Servers, Co-location | PhotonVPS - SSD Cloud | YardVPS - Storage VPS
    True Layer 7 DDoS Mitigation | BGP Optimized by Noction Intelligent Routing | Asia-Pacific Low Latency Routes
    6 Continents - 14 Cities - LAX, DAL, CHI, ASH, LON, AMS, JNB, TPE, TKY, BOM, GRU, BCN, SIN, SYD, ICN, MOS

Why didn't your staff L1 or L2 or whatever L inform the customer of the "Scheduled" maintenance in both the ticket (any of the replies 1 to 4), and also several days before the event via email?

Is this one of cliche "check your spam folder" or have we founded a new definition for scheduled?
    MattF - Since the start..

is that truly cloud vps?

Quote Originally Posted by MattF View Post
    Why didn't your staff L1 or L2 or whatever L inform the customer of the "Scheduled" maintenance in both the ticket (any of the replies 1 to 4), and also several days before the event via email?

Is this one of cliche "check your spam folder" or have we founded a new definition for scheduled?
    If you read the OP's post, he did receive the scheduled maintenance notice.
    Psychz Networks - Dedicated Servers, Co-location | PhotonVPS - SSD Cloud | YardVPS - Storage VPS
    True Layer 7 DDoS Mitigation | BGP Optimized by Noction Intelligent Routing | Asia-Pacific Low Latency Routes
    6 Continents - 14 Cities - LAX, DAL, CHI, ASH, LON, AMS, JNB, TPE, TKY, BOM, GRU, BCN, SIN, SYD, ICN, MOS

Quote Originally Posted by artetatu View Post
    is that truly cloud vps?
    Yes, we use OnApp for our Cloud platform.

I'd been a customer of yardvps and they were a joke. they still had the box up and running after cancellation

This is a bummer as for the OP is your server back up and running? As for the host they did let their customers know about the schedule maintenance they could of prepared themselves a little more and had gone through this smooth z

I didn't have a good experience with them either. My vm was getting 20 MB/s read write on their SSD cloud. Also they don't have a proper control panel.

Quote Originally Posted by elvis1 View Post
    I'd been a customer of yardvps and they were a joke. they still had the box up and running after cancellation
    We're running SolusVM at YardVPS which we had issues with integrating into WHMCS.

Quote Originally Posted by LuxuryServers View Post
    This is a bummer as for the OP is your server back up and running? As for the host they did let their customers know about the schedule maintenance they could of prepared themselves a little more and had gone through this smooth z
    The maintenance took longer than expected as some VMs wouldn't boot at first and we had to get OnApp's tech team to look into it for us.

Quote Originally Posted by slyjackal View Post
    I didn't have a good experience with them either. My vm was getting 20 MB/s read write on their SSD cloud. Also they don't have a proper control panel.
    Which OS were you running? This seems REALLY low.