Nginx VS ApacheBoster VS Nginx Admin on VPS cPanel Server

Hello ,

I have a VPS with cPanel .

I would like to enhance the web server performance , so please help me on how to install nginx as reverse proxy of Apache ?

i see the ApacheBoster and Nginx Admin and Nginx from source .

what's the best and why ?

thank you

I don't recommend the ApacheBooster plugin, I have tried it on a personal server and it was very unstable and buggy.

Quote Originally Posted by GeneZSolutions View Post
    I don't recommend the ApacheBooster plugin, I have tried it on a personal server and it was very unstable and buggy.
    Okay , thank you ..

what's you are suggest nginx from source or nginx admin ?

nginx admin works well, I haven't had problems with it myself.
    || Webhostpython - Introducing Venom Power! Shared, Reseller, and VPS plans
    || Pure SSD | Litespeed | LS-Cache | cPanel | SSLs | DDOS Protection | Blazing Fast
    || A 100% independent and debt free company with 24/7 - 365 in-house support

Another plugin nginxcp

Them good performance but paid module ($5/month)
    Usa And Turkey based Shared, Reseller Hosting, VPS www.karincahosting.com

I personally would advoid all of them where possible, but if I had to choose, I would use cPnginx by Syslint (http://cpnginx.com).

Have you worked on tuning the existing web server configuration? I personally would approach this by starting with a blank EasyApache profile, and loading the modules that you will use / require. Of course I don't know whether this server hosts customers or what, so it's hard to give better advice. Also you might like to consider the use of Cache, Disk Cache, Deflate, File Cache, perhaps a different PHP handler? Also are you running Apache 2.2.x or 2.4.x?
    ~]# Ethernet Servers Ltd - Est. 2014! - sales @ ethernetservers.com
    ~]# Try out our WordPress speed tests for yourself!
    ~]# NVMe Web Hosting | Unmanaged VPS | Fully Managed VPS | Dedicated Servers | Domain Names
    ~]# Don't settle for any less than the very best - come & join our family today!

nginxcp is good, only issue I found is it affects certain website statistics in cPanel.
    HostXNow - Shared Web Hosting | Semi Dedicated Hosting | Enterprise Reseller Hosting | VPS Hosting

Quote Originally Posted by Ethernet Servers View Post
    I personally would advoid all of them where possible, but if I had to choose, I would use cPnginx by Syslint (http://cpnginx.com).

Have you worked on tuning the existing web server configuration? I personally would approach this by starting with a blank EasyApache profile, and loading the modules that you will use / require. Of course I don't know whether this server hosts customers or what, so it's hard to give better advice. Also you might like to consider the use of Cache, Disk Cache, Deflate, File Cache, perhaps a different PHP handler? Also are you running Apache 2.2.x or 2.4.x?
    Hello,

I'm not hear about cPnginx before , but i will give it a look now .

i have 2 VPS :
    1- for shared hosting
    2- for one site use wordpress .

i use apache 2.4 with suphp handler , and deflate , chache , disk chache , file cache > installed .

correction;

Another plugin cpnginx

Them good performance but paid plugin($5/month)
    Usa And Turkey based Shared, Reseller Hosting, VPS www.karincahosting.com

Quote Originally Posted by GeneZSolutions View Post
    ApacheBooster has gone up since then. Sure it was very buggy to start with but as of recent it's pretty decent and is free.

I am using nginxcp and cpnginx. I prefer cpnginx.
    ExonHost - In Business Since 2009 - 24/7 Real Support | Multiple Locations
    █ NVMe SSD | cPanel | LiteSpeed - Accelerate Your Website, Maximum Performance!

There is also Unix Nginx.
    HostXNow - Shared Web Hosting | Semi Dedicated Hosting | Enterprise Reseller Hosting | VPS Hosting

please tell me if i install it from source , is this good to or what ?

and how to setup it to work as proxy ? and how to test is working fine ?

i install nginx form source , but how to configure it as reverse proxy with apache ?

nginxcp is good, also check out Unixy Varnish Nginx

I've seen the code of ApacheBooster, I also contributed to some of it, to fix some bugs.
    But other than that, the project has a lot of security issues.

nginxcp works great, I've seen multiple bugs in the code, e.g. they don't force domains generated in the nginx vhost to be lowercase, this will actually make the nginx fail parsing it (For some reason).

They reload and/or restart nginx after vhost generation, without doing any kind of config check.
    If config is invalid, this means nginx will simply die.

nginx from source will require a lot of configuration, because you need to generate vhosts to support your sites (thats why nginxcp and cpnginx exists).

I've never tried cpnginx, because it's 5$ a month, bringing me nothing special when looking at their feature list.

You don't find any advantage by setting it up manually, as there is quite good amount of work behind it. Use other free/paid plugins ( cpnginx,nginxadmin,cpxstack, plugin from unixy, etc ) and test it on your server. If you don't have enough technical skills to manage multiple layers of web servers and possible issues that can come up with implementing it, go for a paid one so that can get little assistance from the related developers. Good luck!

nginxcp is fine. I use this on one server.
    || Need a good host?
    || See my Suggested Hosts List || Editorial: EIG/Site5/Arvixe/Hostgator Alternatives
    ||