Webbycart not answering support ticket for 13 hours

I have never posted on here anything bad about a company before but my client is flipping out on me. I got a backup server from webbycart and the ticket has been open for 13 hours with no response.

Now normally they only take a few minutes so I know this is unusual. Unfortunately I care about my customers and will do anything to resolve this in a timely manner. Since your support portal don't work now maybe this will.

So webbycart. Please answer this ticket in detail: Ticket #38062

They recently changed their billing software. So there may be some delay.

Looks like the same billing software I've been using for a few years:
    https://portal.webbycart.com/client/

But even if they did change software, add software, do any behind the scene changes for their website does that mean I don't get support until their done with their web design ? I don't think this is standard operating procedure for any other company I know of.

Their software change has really messed up their operations. I am finding incorrect billing on our account (which they are methodically correcting).

Our biggest issue right now is that our FTP access is blocked. Unable to upload new backups or access existing ones.

We are seeing a bit of progress with support tickets, taking somewhere around 12 hours now to reply. I imagine they have a lot to go through.

They had a good run, then they started changing things. Lets hope they get it together and we can all have another long run without issues.
    -----------------------------------
    AmeriWeb Hosting
    One Stop Business Solutions
    AmeriWeb Hosting

They indeed took a while to reply me yesterday since things got messed up a little due to the migration of their billing system from Ubersmith to WHMCS. You sure you are seeing the right portal?

Maybe I can get support here. I opened my ticket 16 hours ago now and no answer. My customer wants his large joomla website online now and we look at fault for it now. I need to reload all the files via ssh, not ftp.

I have a customer server with this cron setup:
    rsync -avz -e ssh /home /var /usr/local/cpanel /etc /root whatever@backup4.webbycart.com:host1

So all the sites in the above folders are being backed up.

I need to know the ssh command(s) to recover just one username.

Thank you if anybody can help here.

I see Ubersmith and it still works for support tickets. I never got any notification of switching to whmcs nor any new login URL.

This says "page not found" with a bunch of links under it. Obviously not working.

http://www.webbycart.com/clients/index.php

Quote Originally Posted by Salvatore View Post
    I see Ubersmith and it still works for support tickets. I never got any notification of switching to whmcs nor any new login URL.

This says "page not found" with a bunch of links under it. Obviously not working.

http://www.webbycart.com/clients/index.php
    I've been working with them via this link https://portal.webbycart.com/2.0 which is utilising WHMCS as their billing system.

Even if I go to webbycart.com and hover the Contact Us > Client Portal and I get this https://portal.webbycart.com/, I am still seeing a link to direct you to https://portal.webbycart.com/2.0

I don't go to their website to login and they never notified me of any changes so obviously I was clueless. But it sounds like great news for me. I have to enter another support ticket on another system and wait approximately another 13 hours for a response. Crazy. I could care less, it's just I need to restore an account for my impatient customer and as far as I know their website has no instructions whatsoever on restoring accounts. I think that should like a 101 basic for a backup business.

I don't go to their website to login and they never notified me of any changes so obviously I was clueless. But it sounds like great news for me. I have to enter another support ticket on another system and wait approximately another 13 hours for a response. Crazy. I could care less, it's just I need to restore an account for my impatient customer and as far as I know their website has no instructions whatsoever on restoring accounts. I think that should like a 101 basic for a backup business.
    Yes I see where you come from, most of us don't go to the main website in order to go login to client portal. But for me, I do it mainly because I have too many products/services from different companies which I can't remember their links.

Since I've gave you the link, why not go open a ticket instead? Like we told you, they changed their billing system, so I think they should probably be forgivable. I am sure they didn't want this to happen too. And they are not crazy obviously as no one wants to spoil their businesses like that.

I forgive them but my customer wants his website online yesterday and has no patients. Just like most customers.

PS. thank you for the link and I have entered another support ticket set for high priority so we'll see what happens.

They obviously know their old system is still working and could be many customers still logging into that. Maybe a simple check of Ubersmith periodically might have been smart.

PS. thank you for the link and I have entered another support ticket set for high priority so we'll see what happens.

They obviously know their old system is still working and could be many customers still logging into that. Maybe a simple check of Ubersmith periodically might have been smart.
    Good luck!

And I do agree that they should either block access to the old client portal or inform every customers. It must be confusing for many out there (who aren't on WHT and are unaware of this).

For further reference, here's the official reply of WebbyCart's http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showpo...4&postcount=12

Well, with my issues we are making progress. They replied to ticket #1 (billing issue) stating "Yes, we are aware of billing issues". It still isn't fixed, but they are aware.

Ticket #2 was for my FTP access being denied at the server. My local computer is blocked, my server backups are out for several days now, and FTP via THEIR control panel is rejected. In order to remedy this, they have whitelisted all of my IP addresses, reset the password, asked me to send them all my IP addresses to whitelist again (hint: they are in the ticket) and told me they have access to my control panel using the reset password. That part worked all along, its the FTP I am locked out of.

<sigh> At least on a positive note their replies are down to around 6 hours. Better than yesterday's 13 hours and last week's 2 days. PROGRESS! YAY
    AmeriWeb Hosting
    AmeriWeb Hosting

Hi Salvatore,

The old Ubersmith was indeed not terminated/deleted for archival and backup purposes. When our conversion occurred, the index file for Ubersmith and replaced it with a notice to clients and a link to our new helpdesk. All emails were also piped to the new helpdesk.

We did not foresee someone linking directly to the client area and this was our mistake. We've since redirected the entire client area to the new helpdesk.

I see that you've entered your ticket into our new system today at 10:44AM and Patricia took care of it for you at 11:18AM.

Let us know if you need anything else, and we're truly sorry for the inconvenience. We upgraded our systems to streamline the support experience for our customers starting from now and to the future.
    WebbyCart.com - Pushing Onwards
    Server Management | Outsourced Hosting Support | Remote / Offsite Rsync Backup | Fully Managed Servers & Cloud VPS
    sales@webbycart.com

Quote Originally Posted by robertk1 View Post
    Well, with my issues we are making progress. They replied to ticket #1 (billing issue) stating "Yes, we are aware of billing issues". It still isn't fixed, but they are aware.

Ticket #2 was for my FTP access being denied at the server. My local computer is blocked, my server backups are out for several days now, and FTP via THEIR control panel is rejected. In order to remedy this, they have whitelisted all of my IP addresses, reset the password, asked me to send them all my IP addresses to whitelist again (hint: they are in the ticket) and told me they have access to my control panel using the reset password. That part worked all along, its the FTP I am locked out of.

<sigh> At least on a positive note their replies are down to around 6 hours. Better than yesterday's 13 hours and last week's 2 days. PROGRESS! YAY
    3 replies back and forth, and we have the server issue resolved. It wasn't a connection issue at my end, a server reboot resolved it. 3 days without proper backups, but it works again.

The over-billing has also been resolved appropriately.

During this ordeal, I did discover one glaring red flag. They have no phone number.

Hmmm...
    AmeriWeb Hosting
    AmeriWeb Hosting

Robert, at $35/month for server management and monitoring with unlimited support requests, we simply can't offer you phone support. It's possible we may provide a VIP service with phone support in the future, but it will likely be upwards of $200/month. I'm sure you understand how much good server administrators cost to hire, and resolving complex technical issues (as most server management issues are) over the phone just isn't the most efficient or cost-effective from a labor standpoint. If you're interested in phone support, please email me at bobby@webbycart.com and I will add you to our interest list.

Hopefully we were able to get everything resolved for you. If not, shoot me an email and I will look at it. Thanks for being a client!
    WebbyCart.com - Pushing Onwards
    Server Management | Outsourced Hosting Support | Remote / Offsite Rsync Backup | Fully Managed Servers & Cloud VPS
    sales@webbycart.com

Hi WebbyCart:

I do appreciate the cost and time involved with phone support (struggling with it myself). I understand many requests made by phone are better suited to an email or support ticket. Some people do abuse the right.

Personally I do prefer support tickets or email to resolve issues I am having with my vendors.

The issue we (and others) experienced with your service was a bit prolonged, support responses received were obviously canned and really didn't apply to my issue. I did feel I was being placated a bit by someone hoping to get through as many requests as possible in the shortest time.

I will add that while your system does exhibit an occasional hiccup your staff does follow through and resolve problems. I believe this instance was an oddity and hope we're home free from this point on.

To anyone following this thread, I would recommend WebbyHost as a backup vendor based upon value and also based on routine issue resolutions.

Best wishes, WebbyCart!

Robert
    AmeriWeb Hosting
    AmeriWeb Hosting