Account confirmation warning. Sedo

I recently opened a Sedo account in order to bid on a domain for sale there.

Before you can bid they require you to confirm your identity, I chose to use a mobile number and a text message confirmation. Being always wary about giving out my usual number I purchased a brand new sim and number and used that instead. I only gave my first name initial in the sedo signup process.

Guess what 1 week later I'm getting spam text messages to that number from companies taking a stab at my first name from only the supplied initial.

This practice really sucks, Sedo are the only ones with that number and the attempts at guessing my first name give it away. Draw your own conclusions.

BEWARE!
    Last edited by Philco; 01-04-2014 at 06:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Philco View Post
    I recently opened a Sedo account in order to bid on a domain for sale there.

Before you can bid they require you to confirm your identity, I chose to use a mobile number and a text message confirmation. Being always wary about giving out my usual number I purchased a brand new sim and number and used that instead. I only gave my first name initial in the sedo signup process.

Guess what 1 week later I'm getting spam text messages to that number from companies taking a stab at my first name from only the supplied initial.

This practice really sucks, Sedo are the only ones with that number and the attempts at guessing my first name confirm its them who have sold my mobile number.

BEWARE!
    That really sucks actually! Technically you can sue them for privacy infringements, but who has time for that...

It is scary what even serious corporations do with their client data. Looks like ethics is left to fewer and fewer people these days.
    Host.al
    .al domains
    Cheap offers for many ccTLDs

Sedo is spammer company.Same thing happened with me as well.
    Failure is success if we learn from it.

Sedo helps to sell domains faster but still they have this stupid client information selling techniques for making extra $$