Thread: Issues with OVH

Issues with OVH

I've been looking for a budget dedicated server for some days, fortunately I got one with OVH yesterday. While placing my order, I thought I would be able to pay with my mastercard. Unfortunately they only accept paypal where my country of residence is not listed. Since I don't have a paypal account a friend of mine gave me the contact of a friend of his, who has a paypal account. He successfully helped me to make the payment. I got a mail from OVH asking for my International passport data page and electricity bill, which I scanned to them immediately.

I later got a message that I need to send the ID of the owner of the paypal account with which I used to make the payment. I contacted the guy and he said he can't release his ID (which I understand cos he's not the owner of the server). The first server (from another provider) I tried to get also required a payapl account...hence my movement to OVH. Is it possible to get a provider that accepts credit card (I can provide prove of ownership and also my information for verification)?

I plan to run only Xenu Link Sleuth (an application) on the server. What can I do in this situation ?? Any good advice will be appreciated.
    Last edited by scorpa; 01-05-2014 at 07:18 AM.

You need to contact server provider before placing order and explain them your situation. Most provider will be able to help you. Regarding OVH, they will issue you refund. Just request for refund in case they cannot process your order.
    YagHost - Fast Reliable Hosting Since 2009
    Managed VPS - NVMe DirectAdmin
    Web Hosting - NVMe SSD, AMD EPYC, 10 Gbps (US, Europe, Singapore)

OVH accepts credit card payments, even for their Kimsufi servers! I have been paying them for over an year through my credit card.

Quote Originally Posted by vB-WP-Admin View Post
    OVH accepts credit card payments, even for their Kimsufi servers! I have been paying them for over an year through my credit card.
    Yes they do normally. However this guy has stated that the option is not available for him because of his location.

Have you had a look at Hetzner?

Thanks so much guys. I noticed that hetzner accepts mastercard card and visa, I'll go for them once I get my money (in 5 - 9 days) from OVH. Thanks once again.

Hetzner is a relatively reliable company, haven't got anything negative to say. However, you should be warned it's very likely they will run into the same problem as OVH did with their finances. The only thing keeping them viable is their setup fees.
    Good luck and hope they work out for you.

We are also paying to ovh using different paypal ID due to country restrictions, they always needed additional verifications from us too.
    LankaPartnerHost.Com
    Canada Anti DDOS Webhosting, Reseller Hosting, WHMsonic, WHMsonic Resellers

Quote Originally Posted by LankapartnerHost View Post
    We are also paying to ovh using different paypal ID due to country restrictions, they always needed additional verifications from us too.
    Didnt known about those restrictions, when i placed my order with kimsufi mi country was not listed and i picked USA with fake info xD

Well i used a verified PP account.
    Want cheap Facebook Likes or RDP(Remote Desktop 1Gbps)? PM
    or search for my threads in the Advertising Forums
    Demo available for both services

Quote Originally Posted by anromenez View Post
    mi country was not listed
    duh. That would have annoyed me.

Quote Originally Posted by JordanF View Post
    Hetzner is a relatively reliable company, haven't got anything negative to say. However, you should be warned it's very likely they will run into the same problem as OVH did with their finances. The only thing keeping them viable is their setup fees.
    Good luck and hope they work out for you.
    It is to inform you that OVH never had any problem with finances, the only problem was turnover of servers.