Escalation to WiredTree reps

Hi all,

Apologies for having to do so in a public forum and apologies for having to do so during the New Year period. But I hope you understand that I do realize that WHT isn't a support helpdesk but this issue has dragged for a month and I have been bringing it up slowly across the chain of command via the ticket support, before I choose to bring it up here. Ticket is KYW-757393

At the risk of jumping to conclusion, I hope this isn't a case of overselling nor that this ticket can only be managed and handled correctly only when things are escalated to a public forum.

My last response as follows:

I appreciate the explanation.

But I'm not sure exactly how long this needs to go back and forth. As per ticket history, you, as well as your colleagues gave me assurance that you're monitoring it proactively and that there isn't any large server load. Which is also what I've explained earlier, that so far I'm just testing Wiredtree based on recommendation from friends and Webhostingtalk and using it as a dormant / dev server. Therefore, any downtime just doesn't make sense (whether it's service downtime / server downtime) when I have already mentioned previously that this VPS container has less than 10 Cpanel accounts and less than 20-50 unique visitors a month.

Therefore while I appreciate the assurance and reassurance, I appreciate if you or any of your colleagues understand exactly what I need.

What I need to know, is the root cause in the first place. Why and how it happened continually, intermittently. Nobody needs to pay me any more further lip service for all that I need is just a clear cut explanation. I hope that isn't too much to ask for .

Sorry for any issues. I see that a manager already replied on your ticket within 10 minutes after your last response (and 2 minutes of your post here). I see you just provided the information we asked on the ticket from the 23rd for so we will continue looking into it. You are correct, WHT isn't our support helpdesk so you can always escalate tickets by emailing the feedback@ email that is listed in the autoresponder instead of using WHT. Again, sorry for any issues, we'll get to the bottom of it though.
    Last edited by WiredTree Zac; 01-03-2014 at 03:54 AM. Reason: clarity
    Zac Cogswell
    WiredTree Fully Managed VPS and Dedicated Hosting | Average Helpdesk Response <15 Minutes, 24x7 Instant Phone Support
    Follow us on Twitter: @WiredTree | Like us on Facebook: facebook.com/WiredTree
    zac @ wiredtree.com | toll-free: 1.866.523.8733 local: +1.312.447.0510

Hi,

You might have misunderstood me. So far I never had a problem with WiredTree response time. If there has to be an issue, it is mostly due to the response given.

If you read the history of this ticket along with other related tickets including VZS-547037, you'll realize that none of your team member could give me an explanation or the root cause of the service / server failure. Server was down intermittently. I'm not trying to make things difficult for your team but I just needed a root cause of the reason, and I don't think that's too much to ask.

In one of the response, before the root cause could even be determined, one of your team member whom I shall not name here, asked me to modify my WordPress installation. Look, if we are trying to determine the root cause, should we be isolating one by one first instead of assuming it's the script at play here? Unless your team member meant to say that your VPS cannot support a single WordPress site with less than 20-50unique visitors per month on average, without optimizing the WordPress site.

Secondly, , I seem to be getting the signal that the issue is only with my VPS account on the hardware node based on the reply and response as seen in ticket history. Which is also why I am open to their suggestion to disable the current cron jobs first to monitor the various services and server. Yet according to your colleagues earlier, you're just at the "information gathering" stage and not pinpointing the issue is with my account or with other accounts on the same hardware node. But yet I'm getting all these suggestions confined to my account and websites. I am getting mixed signals here.

Thirdly, some updates on the ticket were lost in translation, or went unnoticed previously. Honestly to me that's a very very small issue. But when your team said that it has escalated my ticket and case, and it still went unnoticed.... well, it does irks me.

Fourth, Again lost in translation or someone just wasn't paying attention even though my case was being "monitored and escalated", a response to the same ticket advised and informed me how much uptime the server was currently having, when the last update from me to the same ticket history was about service uptime failure.

The same issue wasn't raised on 23rd Dec but on 20th Aug in the ticket ref# above. But all your end could advise me on was that it could be better if I have a litespeed enhancement package and if I'm interested to sign up for a Litespeed enhancement package?

When all that my VPS container was just housing a less than 10 Cpanel accounts and 20-50unique visitors on average and your explanation was that I will need a litespeed enhancement package?

I'm glad to here that you are happy with our helpdesk response times. Our suggestions to optimize your WordPress installation are only to help you get the best performance. I see we have explained various things including cPanel updates that can cause cPanel service restart emails. It isn't always possible to have an answer for why everything has happened in the past which is why we need to catch some issues in the act. It looks like the issue has been wrapped up from your latest response in the ticket. Again, sorry for any issues, I do think there is some mis-communication and we'll work on it. If you have any further updates on the issue, please continue working through them on our helpdesk and we'll get them sorted.

Thanks,
    Last edited by WiredTree Zac; 01-03-2014 at 04:59 AM. Reason: spelling
    Zac Cogswell
    WiredTree Fully Managed VPS and Dedicated Hosting | Average Helpdesk Response <15 Minutes, 24x7 Instant Phone Support
    Follow us on Twitter: @WiredTree | Like us on Facebook: facebook.com/WiredTree
    zac @ wiredtree.com | toll-free: 1.866.523.8733 local: +1.312.447.0510

Well ptrgan, it is a common issue in the tech support responses these days. I guess when multiple people are replying to the same ticket, there is always someone (or more) who isn't paying enough attention on your questions nor on his reply. Or maybe there is someone "less competent" in the staff who simple avoid your questions. For sure neither is your problem, although it may cause you some... At least I hope you are getting some help with your issues now.