Softsyshosting [order issue]

Hi everybody,

I just want to let you guys know and avoid the scammer Softsyshosting.

They offered free 3 months VPS hosting. If you do a search you can find it right away. Then I signed up, sent them my ID and a signed paper. 5 hours later they canceled my order with a ridiculous reason: my address on the ID doesn't match the address in my paypal account. My paypal is verified.

Everybody living in the US all know that people move very often and don't need to run to DMV to get a new ID.

My opinion, they just want to avoid providing to customer 3 months trial as they offered.

If you guys want proof and I can post them here.

To softsyshosting: I didn't ask you for a free vps, you did offered it to everybody. If you want to grow your business you should better keep your words.
      0 Not allowed!

Hello,

I'm not sure how you turn out to mention this as a "scam" as you've been offered a full refund. FWIW, your order failed fraud and verification tests (we do enforce very strict verifications for free orders as was explained to you in ticket). Unfortunately, we cannot bend the rules for as this is part of security protocol.

Good luck with your new host!
      0 Not allowed!

Don't blame the word "security". It's obvious that you guys just want to avoid it. Just take down the ads. I did offer you the other payment method to pass your "Security System" or what documents you need. Come on man, you are also living in Colorado. Can I run to your company and give you $10 bucks to pass your "System"?
      0 Not allowed!

You didn't scam $10 but you scam my ID, my address. I did send them to you for nothing. Does it count as a scam?
      0 Not allowed!

We do provision good number of free VM's which "pass" verifications smoothly (95% of order pass all verification checks). $10 is -not- for service but a fee that is anyhow credited back to customer at the end of free trial of 3 months. With regards to your ID / address, they are purged/closed since your account has been closed as well.
      0 Not allowed!

Ok my understanding about your business is providing fake services to scam people's identity.
      0 Not allowed!

As a note to anyone reading this, I've had a VPS with SoftSys for over 22 months now. I can't say anything about their support since I've never had to use it, but their services are excellent. I've never had any issues.
      0 Not allowed!

@Cristal_Ice: They were good to you doesn't mean that they are actually good and reliable. Moreover, you can do a search to see there are negative threads about Softsys on this website. I'm not the only victim.
      0 Not allowed!

I doubt they would attempt to scam you out of $10, or steal your identity. They refunded you the money, so just find a different provider. The company has every right to reject the order for whatever reason, especially free services. I wish you the best of luck!
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by tridiep View Post
    Ok my understanding about your business is providing fake services to scam people's identity.
    If they do that, then they do not care about their business at all.

Softsyshosting is a corporate member here and being a corporate means you are putting a lot of money for it.

That means they are serious with their business.

They have the right to reject your order if you didn't pass the security screening.

Seems like you are just frustrated because you didn't get the free 3 months :-)
      0 Not allowed!

@Trevor_IBWSolutions: Money is not everything. I did waste my time for sending them my ID and a signed paper. Now they have my ID my address and what I have? In your opinion, the reason they provided, does it make sense?
      0 Not allowed!

OK, I'm done if everybody thinks that they did the right thing, I have nothing else to say.
      0 Not allowed!

@Trevor_IBWSolutions: Money is not everything. I did waste my time for sending them my ID and a signed paper. Now they have my ID my address and what I have? In your opinion, the reason they provided, does it make sense?
    It makes perfect sense. Companies are getting stricter regarding fraud checks. I do understand this is a free service, so they may have a stricter fraud checks on free services. It's unfortunate that you didn't pass the fraud check, but they have every right to reject any order. Now, if they didn't refund you the money, that would be a whole separate issue.

Also, if you saw the negative reviews on WHT, why did you sign up for them?
      0 Not allowed!

@Trevor_IBWSolutions: I did search them after I got scammed.
      0 Not allowed!

@Trevor_IBWSolutions: I did search them after I got scammed.
    Alright, I wish you the best of luck on your new provider.
      0 Not allowed!

They did nothing wrong. I really think you're overreacting. If you want the free months so badly, complaining here is likely not going to get you anywhere with them.
      0 Not allowed!

Ok so please close this thread. The existing of this thread is for everybody not for me.
      0 Not allowed!

Ok so please close this thread. The existing of this thread is for everybody not for me.
    Unfortunately fraud is virulent in the hosting industry and your thread suggests that you may not be fully aware of this, and the lengths hosts have to go to protect themselves.

Closed as requested.
    There's no such thing as an unmanaged server - It's actually self-managed. Worth remembering next time you're looking for someone to complain to.
    DATA VALUATION SERVICE: Your data's value is linked directly to your backup strategy. If YOU don't have your own backups then YOU value your data at ZERO. So why should anyone else care when you lose it?
      0 Not allowed!