COLO suggestions in Denver?

Hi guys, we recently moved our company to Denver Colorado. We currently have about 40 servers with Softlayer, and it's time to buy our own hardware and colo it. We use a consistent 100-150Mbps worth of bandwidth for our app. We're just a few blocks from Fortrust here, so i'm considering them, but would love to hear other opinions/suggestions.

2. I toured Fortatrust a few years back, it's a very nice facility. There are several facility types in Denver, from the budget low-end to the higher end enterprise Savvis type facilities. You shoudn't have an issue finding a suitable provider.

Do you need remote hands? Can you source your own bandwidth or do you want your DC provider to provide it all for you?

Good luck in your search!

Remote hands would probably be nice in case anything happens and i'm not around. We're only a few blocks away from Fortrust, but you never know. On the bandwidth front, I would rather the DC provide that as well. Once less thing I have to worry about. We definitely don't want to go with a low budget provider, but we also don't need to go overboard.

FDCServers has colo in Denver and is budget.

I've met the guys who run Handy Networks a couple of times - they seem like good guys and consistently get pretty good reviews.
    Rob Tyree
    Versaweb - DDoS Protected Cloud and Dedicated Server Hosting
    Fiberhub - SAS70 Type-II Colocation in Las Vegas and Seattle

Handy Networks would be my choice in Denver
    Webby Enterprises LLC
    Proudly Offering Shared Hosting, Reseller Hosting, VPS, Dedicated and Colo from Orlando, FL and Saint Louis, MO
    In the business since 1997!

++ For Handy Networks - you can't go wrong with them.
    Getting Cloudy in the US, Europe, & South Asia.

Does your App need to be hosted in Denver?

Contact Jay at HandyNetworks
    HugeServer Neworks, LLC - AS25780
    High Quality / High Bandwidth Servers in Los Angeles and Jacksonville
    Focused on our customer needs ! Quality , Customer Service and Uptime
    [email protected] | 888-842-8570

Handy or try Latisys in Denver
    http://www.QuoteColo.com - colocation, dedicated and cloud quotes

Quote Originally Posted by 1EightT View Post
    Hi guys, we recently moved our company to Denver Colorado. We currently have about 40 servers with Softlayer, and it's time to buy our own hardware and colo it. We use a consistent 100-150Mbps worth of bandwidth for our app. We're just a few blocks from Fortrust here, so i'm considering them, but would love to hear other opinions/suggestions.
    Fortrust is a nice facility and their policies such as including simple remote hands 24x7 at no additional charge is wonderful. They are also now using the IO manufactured modular data center (http://www.io.com/products-services/io-anywhere/) which is quite innovative in driving down data center build costs. About their only weakness is not the largest carrier selection.

One of their sales guys in particular I found to be a really nice person to deal with. A total professional in all ways that represents their organization well.

Joshua Moody
    Enterprise Account Executive
    Direct: 720-264-1756
    Email: [email protected]

Fortrust is a reputable company. There are a large number of facilities in Denver, so besides Handy and Latisys already mentioned there's also H5, Internap, Viawest, Coresite, Springs Hosting, Hostmysite. Most of the major carriers have colo options there as well. Best of luck.
    Alan Howard, Chief Researcher- "WiredRE has advised 2 of the top 3 global telecom firms and 50% of the top banks in the US." Strategy, Design, Brokerage, Finance
    Data Center Research
    Rapid Deployment Modular Data Center

We use Hosting and they are a pleasure to work with.

Thanks for the suggestions everyone. We decided to go with Fortrust. Not the cheapest, but definitely a world class facility.

Fortrust has a very impressive facility. You should be happy with their service and support.

I would also checkout ViaWest. They are one of the largest in the country but keep a low profile in my opinion. Great company but can be on the pricey side. They have 4 or 5 facilities in scattered in the Denver area.

Quote Originally Posted by 1EightT View Post
    Thanks for the suggestions everyone. We decided to go with Fortrust. Not the cheapest, but definitely a world class facility.
    We are very happy with our rack at Fortrust. What are you doing for bandwidth there?
    Jay Sudowski // Handy Networks LLC // Co-Founder & CTO
    AS30475 - Level(3), HE, Telia, XO and Cogent. Noction optimized network.
    Offering Dedicated Server and Colocation Hosting from our SSAE 16 SOC 2, Type 2 Certified Data Center.
    Current specials here. Check them out.