Question Email relay to Outlook.com

Hi there,
    I currently have a vps which hosts my website and email. I have done a base cpanel installation on Cent OS 6.

For a number of reasons I'm looking to change my email platform to Outlook.com and maintain my existing email address with them. This is pretty straight forward.

The big problem: Outlooks spam filter sometimes makes legitimate emails "disappear" without even dropping them in the spam box.

Since Outlook.com now supports IMAP, I was hoping that there would be some way to catch the emails on my webserver and just send it through SMTP to Outlook.com (thus hopefully bypassing the whole spam filter).

Any ideas or suggestions?

For anyone else looking for the answer, It turns out that Outlook.com has the ability to fetch and delete messages off another server using POP3 and allows you to continue sending emails using the hotmail SMTP.

I had just set the mx for my domain to 0 and then given the hotmail mx a value of 5 and setup Outlook.com to fetch and delete the messages from my domains mail system.

Why would you want to bypass a spam filter...??? Sounds fishy...

Quote Originally Posted by kowrad View Post
    The big problem: Outlooks spam filter sometimes makes legitimate emails "disappear" without even dropping them in the spam box.
    It's not unheard of to have Hotmails spam filter just delete an email from a sender without ever reaching an inbox or spam box. They don't even bounce back any reply to the sender informing them that their message was not delivered.

I'd rather sift through the limited spam I get then have a new customers email not reach me. Things you do to make a dollar.
    Last edited by kowrad; 02-19-2014 at 09:32 PM. Reason: cleaned up quote