Online.net windows install?

Hi,

I just got a Online.net dedicated server and was looking to install Windows Server 2008. I have my own license so i don't really want to pay for it again.

Does anyone know if i install it through their panel will i have to pay. It says something about 150 Euro above the panel ? is that how much they charge for windows.

Thanks

Ask your provider what the costs are and even if they will allow it. Only they can answer that question.
    OCOSA Communications | Since 2003
    http://www.ocosa.com
    Domains, Hosting, Business Solutions, and Connectivity

Online.net offers out of band management with the ability to mount isos on most of their servers. You need to install an operating system in their panel before you are given the ability to interact with the out of band management.

Quote Originally Posted by ocosa View Post
    Ask your provider what the costs are and even if they will allow it. Only they can answer that question.
    I did that 2 days ago - Still waiting for a reply so thought i would ask in a public forum where someone might already know?

---

@PersonalJ - I have an OS Install, I can't see anything about out of band management, Do you know where about it is inside their panel?

if you have HP or dell server with them you can use the iLO or DRAC to mount ISO and install it but installation will be slow

If you cant see any kvm option , install any linux distor
    Ahmed Kamil, SonicACE Solutions
    Premium Windows Hosting - Affordable Vmware Cloud Servers - SaaS Reseller Hosting Solutions
    MS Exchange, Lync, Sharepoint

Quote Originally Posted by olli460 View Post
    I did that 2 days ago - Still waiting for a reply so thought i would ask in a public forum where someone might already know?
    Okay. No problem. Just think the provider could tell you best what they allowed. Hopefully you find a solution and hear back from them soon.
    OCOSA Communications | Since 2003
    http://www.ocosa.com
    Domains, Hosting, Business Solutions, and Connectivity

Quote Originally Posted by ocosa View Post
    Okay. No problem. Just think the provider could tell you best what they allowed. Hopefully you find a solution and hear back from them soon.
    Nothing is forbidden !
    This method is prohibited by Microsoft's SPLA licence, as you should use only SPLA on remote servers, with our SPLA contract.
    But this method is a good way to do everything you want as we have no technical solution to check that :-)

Arnaud

Quote Originally Posted by online_net View Post
    Nothing is forbidden !
    This method is prohibited by Microsoft's SPLA licence, as you should use only SPLA on remote servers, with our SPLA contract.
    But this method is a good way to do everything you want as we have no technical solution to check that :-)

Arnaud
    Well finally someone from online.net , Welcome to WHT!
    Ahmed Kamil, SonicACE Solutions
    Premium Windows Hosting - Affordable Vmware Cloud Servers - SaaS Reseller Hosting Solutions
    MS Exchange, Lync, Sharepoint

Quote Originally Posted by Ahmed Kamil View Post
    Well finally someone from online.net , Welcome to WHT!
    Thanks !!
    Please feel free to ask me any questions