Need VPS with Very High CPU Clock

Hello,
    I am looking for someone who can offer me an VPS with very high CPU clock. 1 core is enough but with massive power like 5.0 ghz +. For execution of LUA code. Is there any VPS offering high clock speed VPS?
    Maybe there are some overclocked VPS. Or you have some free used cores, you could rent out.
    Thanks a lot.

PS: At the moment I have 3,4 (3,8) ghz, but I am looking for more.

How much are you willing to pay per month? Also do you expect 100% utilization of that one core 24/7? Are you looking for any specific virtualization type? Location?

I dont need 24/7 power, since it is a gameserver. Most of the time it won´t be populated. But if it´s populated for some hours it will need the power. That´s why I am looking for a VPS. The game code is only optimized for 1-2(3) cores usage and only relies on high single cpu clock. Looking for something between 0-50$ a month. Location Europe, if possible.

Quote Originally Posted by ns2bay View Post
    Hello,
    I am looking for someone who can offer me an VPS with very high CPU clock. 1 core is enough but with massive power like 5.0 ghz +. For execution of LUA code. Is there any VPS offering high clock speed VPS?
    Maybe there are some overclocked VPS. Or you have some free used cores, you could rent out.
    Thanks a lot.

PS: At the moment I have 3,4 (3,8) ghz, but I am looking for more.
    You are already at the top of the mark...no such CPU exists that does more than ~3.8Ghz stock.

You aren't going to find a VPS provider who is overclocking by 1-2Ghz either, assuming that is possible without liquid nitrogen for cooling in the first place.

For a game server why don't you go for a vps with dedicated graphics,higher gpu clock is immaterial after a point of time.
    All us need is a very deccent GPU
    For at least Game Servers

I recommend to go for a dedicated server if it will be used as a game server.
    Getty Hosting | Cloud and Dedicated hosting provider
    24x7 technical support, 99.9% network uptime guarantee.

Keepsecure are you aware all graphics rendering on 99% of games is done on the client?

Quote Originally Posted by Flapadar View Post
    Keepsecure are you aware all graphics rendering on 99% of games is done on the client?
    There are many people who are not aware of that.I remember a friend who used to upgrade GPU in call of duty server which he used to host from his home hoping people will get better graphics :p

Volume in numbers my friend. Try getting more cores, instead of one giant core. Think of it like the checkout lines at the shopping mall. Do you really want to shove all your customers into one checkout line (1 CPU core), or spread them out over multiple.
    HOST BLIZZARD -- Enterprise Quality, Affordable Pricing
    • Web Hosting • VPS Servers • Dedicated Servers • 10Gbps DDoS Protection
    Zap5 Networks - Your Complete IT Solutions Provider!

Quote Originally Posted by Eased View Post
    Volume in numbers my friend. Try getting more cores, instead of one giant core. Think of it like the checkout lines at the shopping mall. Do you really want to shove all your customers into one checkout line (1 CPU core), or spread them out over multiple.
    Honestly it sounds like he's running Garry's Mod; which doesn't use more than 2 threads. That being said I can't think of any CPU with a stock frequency that high

the budget is good for unmanaged VPS or small dedicated server, normally much better to have several CPUs, even for gaming.
    Low Cost Storage VPS plans at webprovps.com
    VPS Price Match Guarantee on: All our range of DDOS protected XEN HVM VPS
    == Contact us for any online solution development or managed / unmanaged vps hosting ==

No reliable VPS provider will be overclocking their nodes. You should also consider that enterprise grade hardware comes with Xeon processors and even the record-braking-performance of Xeon E7-8870 provides a clock frequency of 2.40 GHz.

You may find higher frequencies at the lower end E3 family, like the E3-1290 with 3.60 Mhz, but that will leave the node with only 3 Cores / 6 Threads for the rest of the VMs load after allocating one for a particular client.

A dedicated server could be a better option for your scenario.

To get things right.

I do have a XEON 1230Ev3 at 3,8 ghz, but I want more.

The game is running in LUA Code. It does not support multiple cores! So I was asking for a high single clock cpu.

GPU for game servers? No!. They only calculate entities etc. no rendering...

Quote Originally Posted by ns2bay View Post
    To get things right.

I do have a XEON 1230Ev3 at 3,8 ghz, but I want more.

The game is running in LUA Code. It does not support multiple cores! So I was asking for a high single clock cpu.

GPU for game servers? No!. They only calculate entities etc. no rendering...
    The short answer is there is no such CPU available on the market.

You can upgrade to the E3-1270 V3 (it has the fastest per core clock speed available out of any CPU on the market) which will get you a max of 3.9Ghz on turbo.

Honestly it sounds like he's running Garry's Mod; which doesn't use more than 2 threads. That being said I can't think of any CPU with a stock frequency that high
    I thought SRCDS was single-threaded anyways? I've had lots of customers that complained about the awesome way SRCDS is programmed..
    AssetGateway
    █ Skype da_arco

Quote Originally Posted by AG-Arco View Post
    I thought SRCDS was single-threaded anyways? I've had lots of customers that complained about the awesome way SRCDS is programmed..
    Main processing is done on one thread and networking on another

That's why when a server is choking if you check the stats you'll notice it can often use up to 120% of the CPU.
    Last edited by Afterburst-Jack; 01-03-2014 at 04:43 PM.

Main processing is done on one thread and networking on another

That's why when a server is choking if you check the stats you'll notice it can often use up to 120% of the CPU.
    Yeah, we had a fun time making protection rules for SRCDS.. Good luck making a good algorithm that doesn't keep you from getting server info, lol.
    Last edited by AG-Arco; 01-03-2014 at 05:11 PM.
    AssetGateway
    █ Skype da_arco

Why so much emphasis on clock speed? I could whip out a CPU for you with a clock speed of 4.8GHz... from 1998. Unsurprisingly, a 1.2GHz CPU from last year would absolutely demolish it to the point of hilarity.

Focus on finding a provider that offers the highest performance per clock rather than looking at the number. I'm sure a high-end 2013 CPU will be more than adequate for your needs.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Williams View Post
    Why so much emphasis on clock speed? I could whip out a CPU for you with a clock speed of 4.8GHz... from 1998. Unsurprisingly, a 1.2GHz CPU from last year would absolutely demolish it to the point of hilarity.

Focus on finding a provider that offers the highest performance per clock rather than looking at the number. I'm sure a high-end 2013 CPU will be more than adequate for your needs.
    The problem is for his requirements he will need the best of both worlds. The latest CPU (most horsepower possible) as well as the highest clockrate possible.

As he noted his LUA scripts cannot make use of more than one core means he needs to expand vertically as opposed to horizontally hence his requirements.

The unfortunate thing is, the CPU power needed just plain doesn't exist on the market to date part from colocating your own system which you are overclocking, but even so that will likely not buy you any more than ~1Ghz before you cannot get enough cooling in place to keep it stable under 100% load 24/7.