Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Phone sizes getting ridiculous

Just curious as to what others think in regards to phone screen sizes. I currently have a 4" device, which already sticks out of my pockets quite significantly. Anything bigger would be constantly falling out.

4" for a phone screen is big enough in my opinion. In the same way that I think 9" is big enough for a tablet.

I once saw an image online, which made me chuckle and sums up what I mean perfectly: http://cdn.funkyspacemonkey.com/wp-c...FSMdotCOM2.jpg
    ~]# Ethernet Servers Ltd - Est. 2014! - sales @ ethernetservers.com
    ~]# Try out our WordPress speed tests for yourself!
    ~]# NVMe Web Hosting | Unmanaged VPS | Fully Managed VPS | Dedicated Servers | Domain Names
    ~]# Don't settle for any less than the very best - come & join our family today!

Has the iPhone changed really? If anything it looks smaller.

I was talking about this with somebody recently. They had some huge Samsung. I called it a tablet lol
    █ █ █

Not sure about iPhone screen sizes, but Samsung are one of those with ridiculous screen sizes. We may as well bring back gramophones for music at this rate.

Quote Originally Posted by rits View Post

I was talking about this with somebody recently. They had some huge Samsung. I called it a tablet lol
    ~]# NVMe Web Hosting | Unmanaged VPS | Fully Managed VPS | Dedicated Servers | Domain Names
    ~]# Don't settle for any less than the very best - come & join our family today!

iPhones are getting thinner, but the screen sizes seem to be getting a little bigger. Samsung phones are massive, with large screens. I will be sticking with my iPhone!

Quote Originally Posted by Ethernet Servers View Post
    Just curious as to what others think in regards to phone screen sizes. I currently have a 4" device, which already sticks out of my pockets quite significantly. Anything bigger would be constantly falling out.

4" for a phone screen is big enough in my opinion. In the same way that I think 9" is big enough for a tablet.

I once saw an image online, which made me chuckle and sums up what I mean perfectly: http://cdn.funkyspacemonkey.com/wp-c...FSMdotCOM2.jpg
    What the hell do you wear that only have a ~3" deep pocket...like seriously you wearing a kilt?

I have the Samsung Note 2 and love it!

The bigger screen makes life 100 times easier when I am out of the office. No squinting around my fingers to see if I am hitting the right keys...everything is just easier.

It is a little bulky to carry, but in the end I would rather have something a bit bulky in my pants pocket then take twice as long to do something as simple as type an email.

Using the s3 and going to grab the s4, I Kinda like a biggish screen, my tablet is 10.1 the samsung tab 2 but that does feel a little big, but it's great for watching stuff on really, don't mind a biggish screen but if they get much bigger it would be ridiculous

Standard jeans.

Not sure what you're thinking of..

Quote Originally Posted by leckley View Post
    What the hell do you wear that only have a ~3" deep pocket...like seriously you wearing a kilt?

The bigger screen makes life 100 times easier when I am out of the office. No squinting around my fingers to see if I am hitting the right keys...everything is just easier.

It is a little bulky to carry, but in the end I would rather have something a bit bulky in my pants pocket then take twice as long to do something as simple as type an email.

Quote Originally Posted by leckley View Post

+1 I have the same phone and it isn't really any different than other phones in terms of carrying it around. I really do like the big screen though as it allows me to do so much more without zooming in and out around things.

Have you guys seen the HTC One Max with 5.9"? Thats ridiculous!

I have a HTC One with 4.7" and its perfect for me.

Quote Originally Posted by WebHostFreak View Post

I have the HTC One too and find that it fits into my pocket comfortably. I previously had an iPhone 4 and thought that the step up to a 4.7" screen would be too much, but I soon got used to it and don't find it cumbersome at all.
    Michael Follett

Guys technology is changing you should change yourself as well.Stop leaving in the past say hello to the future.
    Failure is success if we learn from it.

Quote Originally Posted by digitallog View Post
    Guys technology is changing you should change yourself as well.Stop leaving in the past say hello to the future.
    You're confused. Preference to screen size has nothing to do with technology moving forward. They wouldn't make multiple sizes in that case.

Quote Originally Posted by WebHostFreak View Post
    Have you guys seen the HTC One Max with 5.9"? Thats ridiculous!

HTC One is awesome. Beats by dre sound amazing
    █ █ █

I agree. The sizes are getting ridiculous.

I find the 4" screen on my phone is just big enough for me. I don't need anything larger.

If I find I need a larger screen to work on something then I go to my laptop or desktop.

Chad
    Webmasterbabble.com Webmaster Forum
    Come join us at webmasterbabble.com

You're confused. Preference to screen size has nothing to do with technology moving forward. They wouldn't make multiple sizes in that case.
    Maybe i am wrong but i like big screen smartphones easy to view.I am using galaxy s4 and i like its screen.

Quote Originally Posted by digitallog View Post
    Maybe i am wrong but i like big screen smartphones easy to view.I am using galaxy s4 and i like its screen.
    That's preference I prefer mid sized. Easy to read and fits easily in my pockets.
    █ █ █

I think they are getting too big. seriously I just want something I don't need special made holster for.
    Mrgeekchris.com ~ It's not just a job It's a passion
    "Mistakes are proof that you are trying"

I have the note 3 best phone I've ever had.

A couple years ago I'd be dying for a 3.7" screen in the world full of 4.3" Android phones (I first got into smartphones with the 3.5" iPhone 3G), but after getting my hands on a 4.7" HTC One X (2012), I've began to change that opinion and now work with larger screens - I believe it's not just about the screen size but actual layout & weight distribution of the phone itself, as the Desire HD (2011 era) with a 4.3" feels much bulkier than many of the 4.9" screens (HTC One, 2013) currently on the market.

With evolution we might see screens that are 4.9" - 5.3" that are comfortable to hold, but it all depends on our hands anyway. And even though screens are getting bigger, the 4" iPhone (5/5S/5C, 2012-2013) still fit perfectly.

Yeah, the Galaxy Notes are pretty huge, though that can be a good benefit for some people as they include a stylus and well, as you said, can pretty much be used as a tablet.

I love my Galaxy S3, I don't believe it's big or small but yeah the notes are tablets not really a phone.

http://uploadir.com/u/k9x1qh86.png
    Last edited by Atlanical-Mike; 01-22-2014 at 09:14 AM.

Tell me about it, its like waking around talking on a tablet. The consumers are eating them up so its beginning to be the new norm it seems.
    Respectfully,
    Mr. Terrence

I have a Lumia 920 and am eyeing the new 6" 1520. It looks huge but after playing with it for 10 minutes it doesn't seem all that awkward. Very slim and light too.

For some reason the 920 always seemed fairly larger than other same-sized phones. How does the 920 feel in your pocket? I assume you'd need a large one - when I tried the 920 it certainly couldn't fit in the same space as a Galaxy S3 / One X could.

Lets just be happy they stopped getting smaller and smaller....when I was a little kid I thought we were going to have phones like Ben Stillers cell in the movie "Zoolander"

I like big screen smartphones.Iphone 5 have very small screen they need to increase its size as well.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast