Daily Server management

hello,
    Greetings pals! Please I notice my server always go down everyday...
    I don't really know what to do how to trouble shoot and avoid this...
    any tipe will be highly appreciated.
    Thanks

If its vps, a best bet is to contact provider and have them to look into it.
    TronicHost.com - Offshore Web Hosting Provider. Netherlands/Romania || 24x7 Support
    Shared/Reseller Hosting | Offshare VPS/Dedicated Server. Paypal/Perfectmony/Payza/Bitcoin accepted

I contacted my provider as you said and here is the reply.

"Hi,

I could see that your IP has been banned for the invalid cpanel login attempt and I have removed the IP from the temp ban.
    Please do configure firewall and block unwanted ports/ IP addresses on the server to avoid like this further."
    So this is what I have to face now...unfortunatly, I have no idea how to do this

If you have no idea how to manage the server then I suggest hiring a 3rd party management company. You can simply open tickets with them and they can help you resolve any issues.

Here are a few suggestions,

Seeksadmin
    Serveradminz
    TrentaHost INC. | 5 Years Operating | DDOS Protected Network | Multiple Locations | 24/7 Support
    DDOS Protected Web/Reseller/Master - DEDICATED IP | WHMCS | CloudFlare | LiteSpeed | CloudLinux
    DDOS Protected KVM Windows & Linux VPS | 7 Locations | 20GBPS DDOS Protection Windows & Linux VPS
    DDOS Protected Dedicated Servers | 20GBPS DDOS Protection | Control Panel | Price Match Guarantee*

I second the above opinion.
    Get a management company to help you set-up your VPS right the first time and harden it a bit.
    This will save you a lot of hassle.
    Or get a managed VPS, that way you will not have to worry about a thing.

I also agree with TrentaHost.. Check out Seeksadmin!
    They have managed my servers for exactly 8 years now.
    Nothing to complain about!!!

Seems like the OP just used the wrong password to log in to cPanel and it blocked their IP from accessing the server. Used to happen to me with shared hosting and I then sometimes thought my site was down.

I'm sure there's an option in cPanel to disable this, or increase the limits or something, but I haven't used it for a long time.

I don't know why support said the IP was banned for failed logins, and then suggested closing ports and blocking IPs?
    Some useful tutorials for VPSes...
    Set up an unmanaged Linux VPS to host websites
    (avoid having to pay for cPanel)
    Install a GUI on a Linux VPS with RDP (cheap alternative to paying for a Windows license if you need a basic remote workstation)

Quote Originally Posted by Nordgard View Post
    I also agree with TrentaHost.. Check out Seeksadmin!
    They have managed my servers for exactly 8 years now.
    Nothing to complain about!!!
    Has SeeksAdmin replied to any of your support tickets?

I have some that have been open for months and with no reply.

[email protected] gives no reply either.

Steven from Seeksadmin says he will look in to a ticket, then closes it without a reply.

Tris has disappeared.

Asif now sounds like Martin "Ahmed".

This company was quite good back in the days, now its just totally unresponsive.

Would love to get recommendations on any other 3rd party management company, I think its time to move on after 8 years.

Since you are not sure how to manage your server it sounds like, you should hire a company to do that for you that way you don't have to worry about that. I suggest contacting platinumservermanagement and they would be handle all that stuff for you. I find them to be very reliable and they take very good care of my servers anytime I've needed something done.
    They call me the bread baker

Quote Originally Posted by Lordemma View Post
    I contacted my provider as you said and here is the reply.

"Hi,

I could see that your IP has been banned for the invalid cpanel login attempt and I have removed the IP from the temp ban.
    Please do configure firewall and block unwanted ports/ IP addresses on the server to avoid like this further."
    So this is what I have to face now...unfortunatly, I have no idea how to do this
    Use some free third party server monitoring service like:
    https://www.pingdom.com/free/

You will receive instant mail when your server is down. This will ensure that server is not down but only your IP was blocked.
    YagHost - Pure SSD Hosting | Since 2007 | Average Response Time: 15 min
    Web Hosting | Reseller Hosting | Managed VPS Hosting
    99.9% Server Uptime Guarantee | 24/7 Rapid Response Tech Support | 30 Day Money Back Guarantee
    LopHost.com - Web Hosting Tutorials

Sounds like you have just a simple firewall/CSF issue. You should just get a third party support company to help you or move to a provider that will manage things like that for you, or atleast help answer your questions and offer advice on how to solve issues like this.
    SolaDrive - Enterprise Managed Solutions
    Specializing in Managed SSD VPS & Dedicated Servers in US & UK
    Rated #1 Provider at Top 20 VPS Providers For Performance
    Visit us at SolaDrive.com

Quote Originally Posted by imzy View Post
    The server has been running good for months, and I didn't have more than one ticket the last three monts, and in fact response time was more than one day, so I posted a reply to myselves to remind them, and things got solved..

However. I have another ticket running now.. Same thing, more than 48 hours.. No action...!?!?!??
    No big case so I fixed it myself today, but that's not the way it should be..

Steven from Seeksadmin says he will look in to a ticket, then closes it without a reply.

Tris has disappeared.

This company was quite good back in the days, now its just totally unresponsive.

Would love to get recommendations on any other 3rd party management company, I think its time to move on after 8 years.
    Sad, if it true.. They have really kept my servers online 24/7 in 8 years now with no worries for me..

I think Tris has sold out a few years ago..

I know from my early reseller hosting days that things can change very quickly..
    In both directions actually.. So I won't be the first one to jump, but also not the last..

In other words I will start looking to have a solution ready if I need to jump..

Quote Originally Posted by Nordgard View Post
    The server has been running good for months, and I didn't have more than one ticket the last three monts, and in fact response time was more than one day, so I posted a reply to myselves to remind them, and things got solved..

However. I have another ticket running now.. Same thing, more than 48 hours.. No action...!?!?!??
    No big case so I fixed it myself today, but that's not the way it should be..

Sad, if it true.. They have really kept my servers online 24/7 in 8 years now with no worries for me..

I think Tris has sold out a few years ago..

I know from my early reseller hosting days that things can change very quickly..
    In both directions actually.. So I won't be the first one to jump, but also not the last..

In other words I will start looking to have a solution ready if I need to jump..
    I replied to a post last week on this forum Steven replied:

showthread.php?t=1328225

He looked into my tickets, and then disappeared... again.
    SEVEN days and counting.

As your looking in to a backup solution, I'd love to get some real recommendations as I'm not really well versed with many hosts, especially considering I've been with Seeksadmin for almost over 8 years or so.

I suggest you that please discuss this issue with your network administrator. He will take care for this and in future he will also take care for banned the ip regarding cpanel. Server is a backbone for every company so i would like to suggest you please discuss this issue with network administrator.

Tris has disappeared.

Your issue is in our sales queue, and has indeed been held up. I greatly apologize for the delay, sales has been swamped with quite a manual migration away from Ubersmith. (Very manual migration.)

All support issues are answered within their guaranteed response time. If they are not, contact management via a ticket and a SLA credit will be issued.

I do greatly apologize that your sales related issue has taken quite some time to resolve. Unfortunately it involved going back and forth with a 3rd party, which takes time in chasing up/etc.

I will make sure you are fully sorted today before sales closes for the day.

In response to your above messages, the feedback email still routes to the old helpdesk, which is tended to just takes some time. We have a new feedback system in place, I'll forward you more information on how to properly access that.

Tristan has not sold the company. And Asif & Martin are 2x different admins.

All response times in all of our queues will be back to normal shortly, as our migrations are nearly complete. If you have any questions and/or concerns you may reach me directly @ [email protected].
    SeeksAdmin .:. Linux & Windows Server Management
    24/7 Coverage | 30 Day Guarantee | Fast Response Times
    Quality Outsourced Customer Support Services
    █ Drop Me A Line For Special Offers

Quote Originally Posted by Lordemma View Post
    hello,
    Greetings pals! Please I notice my server always go down everyday...
    I don't really know what to do how to trouble shoot and avoid this...
    any tipe will be highly appreciated.
    Thanks
    You don't mention what operating system you are using. Be advised that if you are using Windows Server and have not provided a license to permanently activate it, your server will shutdown every 60 minutes.

Thank You for the info Steven.C

Also got the login info to the new support ticket system today,
    so I hope that this will clear things better out for us.

Like I said:
    Seeksadmin has served me very good for 8 years now.
    I have been able to sleep quitely every night, aware of that my server was in good hands.
    I would have liked nothing else than that I could be able to add 8 more good years with Seeksadmin.
    Jumping to a new server admin is sure not what I like to start thinking about...