only 1 post per x day advertising setup

Hello, It is just a thought that perhaps you can make the system roll-over the days not used, ie:
    5 days past, yet didn't make a post, so you can post two adds... Right now you'd still only be able to post one....

Just an thought, to make it more fair on those who advertise less, to give them the ability to do the same as the ones who do advertise.

The five day limit 'does' make it fair. Allowing someone to post six ads in a day because they haven't placed an ad in a month would be unfair.
    There is no best host. There is only the host that's best for you.

Well, the 5 days is a bit big, what if someone for today only has a good friday special but in like 3 days they have an easter special for easter only, they can't post it up. I think the limit should be around 2 maybe 3 days

I can see it from that point of view, and also the ones who don't post in a whole month... I'm kind of in the middle, but from the other view someone can argue thats not fair, though I can't :-D.

I think five days is quite generous as it is. If anything, I'd like to see it extended.

And Phoenix Host, edit your signature to four lines please.
    There is no best host. There is only the host that's best for you.

I don't think that it is that generous, maybe just for hoildays were there is like 2 or 3 holidays near each other in less than five days that level should be lowered?

O sorry I will change that

I agree with SWR. It should stay at 5 or even be increased.

I believe the current policy on advertising, is just fine. It's hard enough to muddle through all the host ads now.
    Originally posted by Phoenix Host
    I don't think that it is that generous, maybe just for hoildays were there is like 2 or 3 holidays near each other in less than five days that level should be lowered?
    On a side note, here's an idea: When holidays run so close together, why not just run one blanket promotion.

Not much need to run a "good friday" and "easter" special. Instead call it a "rising up" promotion and allow it to run the whole month long... or at least a week

Originally posted by shoney

Not much need to run a "good friday" and "easter" special. Instead call it a "rising up" promotion and allow it to run the whole month long... or at least a week
    Or, you could be even more sacreligious and run it the week leading up to Good Friday, kill it on Good Friday, then resurrect it on Easter Sunday!!

I agree, it should maybe be uped to one add per week.

I think this is a bad idea, they are already kind enough to let us to do it for free, don't push them to make it paid
    Don't look for a way out.

Remember, the primary role of these forums is to provide a community to discuss web hosting. The advertising forums just happen to be a "bonus" (so to speak). If you want to advertise more than once per 5 days then buy some paid advertising...

Originally posted by rochen
    Remember, the primary role of these forums is to provide a community to discuss web hosting. The advertising forums just happen to be a "bonus" (so to speak). If you want to advertise more than once per 5 days then buy some paid advertising...
    *nods head and agrees with that pommie chap*
    WLVPN.com NetProtect owned White Label VPN provider
    Increase your hosting profits by adding VPN to your product line up

Originally posted by allan
    Or, you could be even more sacreligious and run it the week leading up to Good Friday, kill it on Good Friday, then resurrect it on Easter Sunday!!

I had to chuckle ever so slightly at that post, allan. I then prayed for forgiveness!

*bangs head on keyboard*

I want them to be paid honestly... it would really clear out all the crap that are in the advertising forums now. I'm sick of seeing completely unrealistic offers in the forums, and people that want "free php programming" or a website for $.99.
    A well-reasoned assumption is very close to fact.
    - Adorno

they keep posting unrealistic offers because people keep offering to match it

Originally posted by akash
    they keep posting unrealistic offers because people keep offering to match it
    Yep... which is why making the advertising forums paid would work two-fold. Only people that are actually willing to pay, will post ads, and since we have a rule regarding how close the offer must be to the original request, we won't have unrealistic replies either. It's good all around .
    A well-reasoned assumption is very close to fact.
    - Adorno

lessen the number of days

Originally posted by comphosting
    Yep... which is why making the advertising forums paid would work two-fold. Only people that are actually willing to pay, will post ads, and since we have a rule regarding how close the offer must be to the original request, we won't have unrealistic replies either. It's good all around .
    I like that paid idea.

It should be raised to once a month.
    What does one host say to the other? "(HostA) Want to go see a movie?" "(HostB) Sure, can your parents drive?"

I'm premium, and no, I did not have to pay $6 a month to figure that out.

I think the advertisement is fine... yall sound like your trying to turn this into elance