Looking for: 8GB+ RAM, 2TB+ HD, no setup fee. Multiple installs. US/Canada preferred

Hi folks.

I just got a dedicated server few weeks ago from OVH (PE1 - 8GB/2TB $29 - no setup fee). It looks like good offer. Any better offers out there or any offers with better specs?

I need 2 TB disk and ideally 16 - 24 GB RAM. 2 x 1TB would be a compromise as long as I could mount the 1 TB separately as additional disk (Its ok if there is full data loss as I can regenerate data).

Also, I need to be able to do a fast reinstall of Centos in case I mess up some configs and want to test reinstallation steps.

My max budget is $40 for better config. Any help would be appreciated. US is first choice, Canada and EU may be OK.

Thx

With the budget you have your only choice will be an EU provider, and even then I am not sure who to point you towards. To my knowledge there are no hosts offering the resources you require at $40/month. best of luck!
    Rob Hivelocity
    Home of the best cPanel pricing
    www.Hivelocity.net Datacenters in Chicago, Dallas, New York, Los Angeles, Seattle, Atlanta, Tampa, Miami, Frankfurt, Amsterdam, Singapore, India!

Quote Originally Posted by Rob Hivelocity View Post
    With the budget you have your only choice will be an EU provider!
    The guy says he wants to pay $40 and you sent him to an European provider…? Those are less than €30, it is hard to get even a resource-rich VPS at this price! For any reason there are some cheap dedicated hosts that sell crappy servers to spammers (We have at least 50 - 60 spamming emails to Spamcop that come from O_H within the last 3-4 days) and as a result of that many folks are under impressions that servers cost pennies. Some of these, are pushing for the U.S. market as well...
    HostColor.com Edge Infrastructure - US Dedicated Servers & Europe Dedicated Hostingsince 2000
    In 50 U.S. Edge Data Centers & 80 POPs worldwide
    24/7 Support ★★ Support Tickets - LiveChat - Phone

the only option is ovh. if they are not offering then you have to raise your budget to go with others.

Check wholesaleinternet, they have Pentium Dual Core with 1TB for $27, you can upgrade it to 2tb with $10 more. But they are still more expensive than ovh

Quote Originally Posted by reldegart View Post
    the only option is ovh. if they are not offering then you have to raise your budget to go with others.
    I second your suggestion regarding OVH & they still seem to be having some stock for KS servers there.

http://www.ovh.com/ca/en/dedicated-servers/

Any specs on Bandwidth and CPU?

Kimsufi are the cheapest dedicated servers I know of.

There is also online / hertzner but you need to raise your budget for what you are looking for.

Good luck!