Change domain Name Tips,Any suggestion plz.

Hello all friends,Hope everyone is well,
    I am going to change domain name of my shop, do you have any tips what is the best way to make the transfer without loosing too much SEO links and Page rank?

Try to change the extenstion name. If you would like to change the name, then do a fresh SEO with the same data.

It's best to use 301 redirects in .htaccess. "Best" is relative. I did it a few years ago and lost 50% of my search engine traffic within in a couple of weeks. It took months to recover.

"301 redirects in .htaccess" I completely agree. I remember doing this for my domain and it works well. It basically stops the chances of losing rank and your traffic.

you can try change your extansion name because dns server known FQDN and your seo also done that domain name so you can also try fresh seo.

London, United Kingdom
    Quote Originally Posted by jaheen100 View Post
    what is the best way
    1. Update all your shopping links on the current domain to direct to the cart items on the new one.

2. Go through each page/url of the current site and 301 the pages to their new URL

3. Hope you dont get penalised too much
    Rob Golding Astutium Ltd - UK based ICANN Accredited Domain Registrar - proud to accept BitCoins
    Buying Web Hosts and Domain Registrars Today @
    UK Web Hosting | UK VPS | UK Dedicated Servers | ADSL/FTTC | Backup/DR | Cloud
    UK Colocation | Reseller Accounts | IPv6 Transit | Secondary MX | DNS | WHMCS Modules