Thread: Legal or not?

Legal or not?

I am learning SEO. Is it 100% legal in the US and ethically good.

To create alot of Article website.. Hire people to write Articles on them. And link them back to my website?

Please let me know if its legal and good?
    Developer.
      0 Not allowed!

2. Certainly it's legal in SEO, but you must ensure the quality of these articles otherwise your website could be penalize by Google. I would suggest you to go through Google Guidelines to know how can you create good and user-friendly website. https://support.google.com/webmaster...er/35769?hl=en
    Interactive Bees, One of the Best Seo companies in India and it is well known as Social media marketing company in India.
      0 Not allowed!

If you generate unique content and someone copy that and place the link back to your web site - that is legal. But there is other end of the stick: how useful copying content wold be for your company?
      0 Not allowed!

SEO is 100% legal. Not only in US any where it will be ethically Good. We are just promoting our site in Search Engines. But on one condition, Don't use spamming techniques. You want to start Guest posting website. It sounds good and all the best.
      0 Not allowed!

What a load of bad advice you are being given in this thread. Of course its legal, there is no law against it.

HOWEVERE, its spam. Its exactly what Google penguin 2.0 was aimed at and future iterations of the Penguin algorithm will further tighten the screws on the approach that you are using.
      0 Not allowed!

It is certainly legal though if you do start creating articles which are of poor quality and/or create duplicate content. If you were to do any of these then that would be considered bad SEO and affect your ranking.
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by cbpayne View Post
    HOWEVERE, its spam. Its exactly what Google penguin 2.0 was aimed at and future iterations of the Penguin algorithm will further tighten the screws on the approach that you are using.
    Hiring people to write articles and then linking back to your website is spam? I might tend to agree if the articles were of poor quality and written -just- for the purpose of linking back to a website, but if you're having useful/interesting articles written, I'm sure there's no way that'd be classified as spam - at worst, it'd be advertiser-sponsored information.
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by JGoldman View Post
    Hiring people to write articles and then linking back to your website is spam?
    Of course it is! Where is the editorial nature of the link that is gained that way? They are the only types of links that Google want you to get. If you get the link by placing it yourself, then its spam in Google eyes. This is exactly why they developed the penguin algorithm.
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by cbpayne View Post
    Of course it is! Where is the editorial nature of the link that is gained that way? They are the only types of links that Google want you to get. If you get the link by placing it yourself, then its spam in Google eyes. This is exactly why they developed the penguin algorithm.
    How is it SPAM? its basically just a backlink. I doubt its considered SPAM by Google.
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by flambeur1 View Post
    How is it SPAM?
    Because its NOT an editorially given link. Its a link you created yourself!
    its basically just a backlink. I doubt its considered SPAM by Google.
    It is this is the exact sort of link that they are trying to target as unnatural in the Penguin algorithm!
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by entropy10 View Post
    I am learning SEO. Is it 100% legal in the US and ethically good.

To create alot of Article website.. Hire people to write Articles on them. And link them back to my website?

Please let me know if its legal and good?
    It is legal.

but the content of a page and the other page to be linked. has to have the same topic or be related, this will help the relevance of content.
      0 Not allowed!

Ofcourse it is legal and good but the point is how fresh and unique content you write on your website.
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by sourabhthaver View Post
    Ofcourse it is legal and good but the point is how fresh and unique content you write on your website.
    << removed >> They were not taking about content for their own site!
    Last edited by writespeak; 01-10-2014 at 04:21 PM.
      0 Not allowed!