Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

GoDaddy webhosting

Hi,

I am going to host a website using wordpres ,so for that friends are telling to go for hostgator..but godaddy giving offers $1.99 per month so what about godaddy...Which one is better???

Please suggest

2. Thread Summary Go Daddy is privately held, although it did file an IPO in 2006 that it cancelled on the basis of "market uncertainties." It was sold in June of 2011 to KRR and Silver Lake Partners for a reported $2.25 billion for a share of 65% of the firm.

Long known for its initial use of attractive female spokespersons, GoDaddy has toned down to a more professional approach in the last couple of years.

Expanding from their initial business of domain sales, GoDaddy has diversified into web hosting and other related internet businesses. They recently expanding their web hosting offering to include cPanel for Linux, although they still are tied to Parallels for Windows.

In this thread, WHT members help one of their own decide on if he should act on a special deal offered by GoDaddy or take his friends' advice to use HostGator instead. Advice ranges from discussion of the cPanel aspect to watching for the small print in special hosting deals.

Contributors: FrancesK

I don't think you'll get many, if any here recommending either of them. If price a deciding factor then I'd suggest looking through the offers section here at WHT - there are many that are cheaper than GD.
    LampNetworks - Affordable Web Hosting
    Hosting locations in United Kingdom & United States
    cPanel+Softaculous | 99.9% Uptime SLA | Daily & Monthly Backups
    Custom Hosting Plans Available - Select and Pay only for the Quotas YOU need

any other host will be better than godaddy,hostgator,bluehost etc top brands. they just sucks. my friend had a wordpress site with godaddy, it was damn slow, slower than slow.

Quote Originally Posted by dhamu89 View Post
    Hi,

I am going to host a website using wordpres ,so for that friends are telling to go for hostgator..but godaddy giving offers $1.99 per month so what about godaddy...Which one is better???

Please suggest
    Is it a high traffic website ?
    LankaPartnerHost.Com
    Openvz SolusVm VPS DDOS Protected Canada & Romania
    Dedicated Servers And Satellite Dish Colocation with 1Gbps For IPTV
    Canada Anti DDOS Webhosting, Reseller Hosting, WHMsonic, WHMsonic Resellers

Hi,

Please suggest
    Never judge on price alone. I suggest you to google for reviews on GoDaddy's web hosting service. HostGator used to have a decent reputation but ever since they were acquired by EIG they seem to have gone downhill.
    LIMENEX WEB HOSTING
    Affordable High Performance Web Hosting in United States & United Kingdom
    Web Hosting | Reseller Hosting | Managed VPS | Managed Dedicated Servers | Cheap SSL Certificates

Hi,

Please suggest
    Although its somewhat easy to transfer a wordpress website out of both, if I had to chose between the two. I'd go with HG for the simple fact that they use cPanel and provide an easier way for you to transfer away from their services (should you ever decide to do so).

Quote Originally Posted by JFSG View Post
    I suggest you to google for reviews on GoDaddy's web hosting service.
    The problem with that is all you're going to run into are the fake review sites that are listing GoDaddy and the EIG brands because of the affiliate payout

Spend some time looking around here for the reviews.
    Doyle Lewis
    BuyHTTP Internet Services - In business since 2003
    Business Hosting | nginx, CloudLinux, Varnish cache, and CDP with every business account
    Shared, Reseller, Semi Dedicated, VPS, Cloud, Dedicated - We can grow with you

If you need "unlimited", look to Arvixe or Site5 instead.
    || Need a good host?
    || See my Suggested Hosts List || Editorial: EIG/Site5/Arvixe/Hostgator Alternatives
    ||

If you're looking for a quality services, never go for cheap as you'll get what you'll pay for.

You can check inside the offers section for more companies who are really good.

Quote Originally Posted by FernGullyGraphics View Post
    Although its somewhat easy to transfer a wordpress website out of both, if I had to chose between the two. I'd go with HG for the simple fact that they use cPanel and provide an easier way for you to transfer away from their services (should you ever decide to do so).
    Godaddy uses cPanel now, too. And I'd rather use GD than EIG.
    || Need a good host?
    || See my Suggested Hosts List || Editorial: EIG/Site5/Arvixe/Hostgator Alternatives
    ||

Well, it seems that you don't require much of resources. Your budget is fine to host. Apart from your mention of provider's you might get some other provider's who provide hosting for wordpress with good support and at better rates. Check them out at offers section.
    Hostpaedia - Affordable, Reliable & Secure Web Hosting
    Web Hosting : Host Unlimited Websites, cPanel, Softaculous, Servers in USA and Germany
    Reseller Hosting : cPanel, Softaculous
    VPS Hosting : KVM VPS powered by Virtualizor

GD has servers in different regions.
    Check it also.
    GD is not good if you regularly change setting like DNS, FTP, MySQL, etc..
    The activation time can be a lot.
    Alex - info[@]serverhk.org
    Server Hong Kong Company - The optimized choice
    No limitation at service scope but promise you always the best price for whatever service level required.

If it is a high traffic website, I suggest you to think about VPS hosting. Also, if you host your website with any host, make sure you keep a full backup of your data in your local system.
    || Web Hosting Blog - Web Hosting security & latest web hosting industry Announcements
    || Web Hosting Discussion - A Web Hosting community

Hi,

Please suggest
    If you have select between Godaddy and Hostgator.. I will suggest Godaddy. In recent time I have read lots of bad reviews about HG.
    YagHost - Pure SSD Hosting | Since 2007 | Average Response Time: 15 min
    Web Hosting | Reseller Hosting | Managed VPS Hosting
    99.9% Server Uptime Guarantee | 24/7 Rapid Response Tech Support | 30 Day Money Back Guarantee
    LopHost.com - Web Hosting Tutorials

Hostgator is much better then godaddy hosting, HG provide cpanel,etc and godaddy control panel is complicated for newbies,beginners.
    Dewlance® Cheap Windows VPS - Chicago/Orlando/Vegas/AZ - SSD
    WHMCS ReadyMadeKB - Tutorials for cPanel/InterWorx/Softaculous& Growing..
    Super Cheap Annually Shared Hosting - Canada/US/UK

Quote Originally Posted by DewlanceHosting View Post
    godaddy control panel is complicated for newbies,beginners.
    Godaddy had also now started using cPanel.
    YagHost - Pure SSD Hosting | Since 2007 | Average Response Time: 15 min
    Web Hosting | Reseller Hosting | Managed VPS Hosting
    99.9% Server Uptime Guarantee | 24/7 Rapid Response Tech Support | 30 Day Money Back Guarantee
    LopHost.com - Web Hosting Tutorials

Quote Originally Posted by kpmedia View Post
    Oh really? I was not aware of that, so they finally got rid of that terrible interface? I could have sworn they were still using it a couple months ago when I transferred someone over.
    Need Web Hosting? Click Here to Learn Why You Should Switch To FernGullyGraphics
    FernGullyGraphics --- 426 14th St. Suite #115 --- Modesto, California --- 95354

Need Business Cards? Click Here

Make sure to remember that hosts advertise for for example $3.00/month. However when you are about to check out you have to pay yearly, I've seen some hosts that demand a 3 year payment which is rediculous!

Quote Originally Posted by FernGullyGraphics View Post
    Oh really? I was not aware of that, so they finally got rid of that terrible interface? I could have sworn they were still using it a couple months ago when I transferred someone over.
    I can confirm that cPanel is now the control panel used at Go Daddy for Linux Hosting.

Our old control panel only exists on legacy and international packages at this time

I have heard a lot of complaints about GoDaddy. Mostly with their support.

Just need to choose for yourself and don't get locked into any long term commitments. Personally, I would never host with either of these 2.

Hostgator has been the cause of lots of controversy lately... and if you're getting your domain from godaddy it's probably going to be the best price

I would not suggest either company. I have used both and prefer neither. There are plenty of good hosts, with good deals in the offers section of wht.

But If my hands were tied I would choose Godaddy. As hostgator has had some major issues since being acquired by EIG.

Quote Originally Posted by Ben_G View Post
    I can confirm that cPanel is now the control panel used at Go Daddy for Linux Hosting.

Our old control panel only exists on legacy and international packages at this time
    Interesting. GoDaddy seems to be heavily invested in Parallels.

Why the switch?
    Andrew Wataszko - [email protected]
    Quartet Service Inc
    Cloud Services | Support Services | Technology Management Programs

Quote Originally Posted by Quartet-Andrew View Post
    Interesting. GoDaddy seems to be heavily invested in Parallels.

Why the switch?
    We still use Parallels today for VPS offerings. Our old legacy shared hosting control panel was not a Parallels product it was a proprietary control panel developed by Go Daddy.

One thing I do not like in godaddy is their control panel. They do not use Cpanel which is the mos popular to use.
    - StGeorgehosting is a fast growing hosting company that offers high quality shared hosting.
    - Affordable prices for small businesses with high standard customer service.
    - We offer VPs, SSL certificates, domain names and much more.

Quote Originally Posted by StGeorge Hosting View Post
    One thing I do not like in godaddy is their control panel. They do not use Cpanel which is the mos popular to use.
    Go Daddy does actually provide cPanel as the web hosting control panel now.

Quote Originally Posted by kpmedia View Post
    I did not know that..how to sign for it?
    - StGeorgehosting is a fast growing hosting company that offers high quality shared hosting.
    - Affordable prices for small businesses with high standard customer service.
    - We offer VPs, SSL certificates, domain names and much more.

I would avoid godaddy hosting at all cost. The sites i've worked on that host with godaddy are slow and their control panels are clunky. HostGator is much much better.

Quote Originally Posted by cncwebsolutions View Post
    I would avoid godaddy hosting at all cost. The sites i've worked on that host with godaddy are slow and their control panels are clunky. HostGator is much much better.
    Old Godaddy, yes.
    But new Godaddy? I'm not so sure yet. I'm testing it for the next 6 months. We'll see what happens.
    || Need a good host?
    ||

Yes, I noticed too that Go Daddy has improved a lot in the past months. I had an account with them three years ago. I chose them because I needed asp.net for a Dot Net Nuke site, but the site was so slow that I canceled my account after a week and asked for a refund. I had very little experience with webhosting at the time.

Since then they seemed to get a lot better. I tested them again recently. Better than Hostagtor for sure (which is not to say that they are the best, on the other hand).

Go Daddy does actually provide cPanel as the web hosting control panel now.
    Looks like GoDaddy will have to invest in a lot or do some serious marketing now to make sure everyone heard that. There is a strong belief around that they do not use cPanel. I was one of those until I read this topic.
    █|||RosenHost | Budget friendly EU and US located web Hosting solutions since 2009
    █||| Colorado | Vegas | California | London | Luxembourg |

Quote Originally Posted by RosenHost View Post
    Looks like GoDaddy will have to invest in a lot or do some serious marketing now to make sure everyone heard that. There is a strong belief around that they do not use cPanel. I was one of those until I read this topic.
    Yes, they recently began supporting cPanel. And it seems like GoDaddy is really making an effort to provide quality solutions. When I was younger, I used them for a personal site, and I received some great phone support for getting everything set up with the (now deceased) iWeb application. He spent over an hour working with me on getting it to work. I feel like GoDaddy is really trying to turn things around from their reputation of misogyny & objectification of women. Unfortunately, it's a long road.

Quote Originally Posted by StGeorge Hosting View Post
    I did not know that..how to sign for it?
    cPanel hosting is available on our website under the "Hosting" section. If you have any issues locating it please feel free to PM me and I can assist you further

I have found after looking at lots that when it comes to renewal time they all seem to come out at around $10pm so careful with initial sign up discounts.

As for other hosts you have the ones like Site5 SiteGround WestHost ANHosting etc etc - lots to choose from that aren't on the top ten lists.

In favour of GoDaddy at the moment is that the lack of cPanel has gone - GD now have cPanel which to my mind changes the picture a bit.

your choice - but I would look further a field than just the 'usual names'
    HostComparator.com
    VPS and Dedicated Server Comparison
    The web hosts your mother wouldn't tell you about.

Smile Uptime and Service required

If you are just looking at cost of the hosting plan then you can get much cheaper packs online with different service providers. I recommend Godaddy as they have come with instant resolutions where you can call them directly and get your issues resolved in hours time. Hosting with out proper post sales service is pathetic and not suggestible too.

Talking about web hosting, Hostgator has been in this business longer than Godaddy which means more experience and more exposure. I would choose one who is a better veteran than the other.

I've had terrible experience of GoDaddy, as have many of my clients. When a client tells me they host with GoDaddy we suggest they move to us or any other hosting company for numerous reasons.

I would like to correct myself, godaddy has improved from the few sites i've recently worked on. At least they are getting better now and not worse. The sites I tested were pretty fast and the control panel is much much better.

Avoid both, they both are slow. I have used Host gator and their support is slow and terrible.

Look in the offer section if the forums for reliable hosting. Although I would suggest arvixe or Webhostface.

Quote Originally Posted by [TR] Jay View Post
    Avoid both, they both are slow. I have used Host gator and their support is slow and terrible.

Look in the offer section if the forums for reliable hosting. Although I would suggest arvixe or Webhostface.

Jay, I have been a HostGator user for a dedicated box for 10 years and think their support is pretty good. They help with things most other hosting companies don't. They have been slow in responding recently but they have quality answers and don't give you the run around. I'm content with them minus there big outage at the datacenter they had a few months back.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast