Many unpaid clients

In the past couple days since we launched, we've had about a dozen signups in whmcs, but not a single customer has paid their invoice. I don't understand as the payment gateway 100% works and upon signup it automatically redirects you to the payment gateway.

What is the point of going through all the process of signing up, registering an account etc and then not making any payments ... ?

Fraud maybe? Do you have maxmind in your WHMCS?
    Specially 4 You
    JoneSolutions.Com ( Jones.Solutions ) is on the net 24/7 providing stable and reliable web hosting solutions and services since 2001

Quote Originally Posted by net View Post
    Fraud maybe? Do you have maxmind in your WHMCS?
    Nope, I'm still waiting on them to email me back over the whmcs maxmind offer.

Quote Originally Posted by A Goat View Post
    Nope, I'm still waiting on them to email me back over the whmcs maxmind offer.
    What offer?

You could also check the Gateway Log under the Billing tab to see if an attempt at payment was made, or not.
    LampNetworks - Affordable Web Hosting
    Hosting locations in United Kingdom & United States
    cPanel+Softaculous | 99.9% Uptime SLA | Daily & Monthly Backups
    Custom Hosting Plans Available - Select and Pay only for the Quotas YOU need

Quote Originally Posted by LampNetworks View Post
    What offer?

You could also check the Gateway Log under the Billing tab to see if an attempt at payment was made, or not.
    Free account with maxmind if subscribed to whmcs.

Yeah, they haven't even attempted to make payment. Sigh.

Free account with maxmind if subscribed to whmcs.

Yeah, they haven't even attempted to make payment. Sigh.
    I think you should look at where your clients are coming from. Try to promote yourself in places where you'll find "good clients"--the kind who aren't resource hogs, pay their invoices on time, and have reasonable expectations. It seems like you've attracted the "bad clients" -- perhaps your pricing is too low (I don't know; I havent seen your business). Perhaps you're advertising yourself on bad forums (like one to avoid for example is black hat world since it has many spammers).

But also make sure it's not as simple as a technical glitch. I remember when we launched, we had our PayPal set up wrong and lost about $50 in orders our first day--simply from not linking out PayPal account properly to WHMCS. Even though it was a silly mistake, it ended up costing us. So I'd double--heck, even triple--check your settings. A technical glitch is easier to fix than a good reputation among bad clients

Quote Originally Posted by AcclaimedHost Alan View Post
    But also make sure it's not as simple as a technical glitch. I remember when we launched, we had our PayPal set up wrong and lost about $50 in orders our first day--simply from not linking out PayPal account properly to WHMCS. Even though it was a silly mistake, it ended up costing us. So I'd double--heck, even triple--check your settings. A technical glitch is easier to fix than a good reputation among bad clients
    I made a hidden product at a cost of $0.10 cents accessible by direct link and made an order using a second PayPal account. It definitely went through on the ordering end and appeared in our business PayPal account. So it's the customers unfortunately.

I checked the payment gateway and like I said they haven't even attempted to make payment.

In the past couple days since we launched, we've had about a dozen signups in whmcs, but not a single customer has paid their invoice. I don't understand as the payment gateway 100% works and upon signup it automatically redirects you to the payment gateway.

What is the point of going through all the process of signing up, registering an account etc and then not making any payments ... ?
    Are the clients coming from different countries/areas or are they just coming from one country? Sounds like it could be fraudulent orders (especially since you just set-up your business).
    Need Web Hosting? Click Here to Learn Why You Should Switch To FernGullyGraphics
    FernGullyGraphics --- 426 14th St. Suite #115 --- Modesto, California --- 95354

Need Business Cards? Click Here

Analyzing your setup or spam all your emails by opening 200 new tickets in each department within whmcs.

In your signup form, I imagine you ask for the customer's phone number right? So why not call one of them and ask why they didn't complete the signup.
    Want to sell domain names? Sign up today for an eNom.com reseller account from a trusted eNom ETP provider.
    * We provide support and service to over 3245 happy eNom domain name and SSL certificate resellers!

It can't hurt to email the 'prospective clients' and kindly ask if they are having any sort of difficulties signing up - if they don't respond, you can take it that (a) they weren't serious in the first place or (b) they are spammers/fraudsters.
    Nividium
    Affordable, Reliable & High Performance Web Hosting Since 2011
    Google PageSpeed | Softaculous | SSD Drives | 24/7/365 Technical Support | Instant Activation

It depends on many factors maybe when they get to check out they see something they don't like or trust and they end up closing the tab or browser. Or maybe they see the price is to high or low for service and they end up not completing the order who knows. It could be fraud or even that they are trying something on your site.

Try looking at the type of emails they sign up with are they the same or have anything in common maybe a hacker is trying to order service from you.

Try emailing one if them or calling them and see what was wrong that they did not order the service and is there anything you may do to help them order from your site.

If they don't pay simply cancel the orders. They can re-order if they want to.
    Licensecart - We only sell High Quality licenses
    Visit us @ Licensecart.com ~ sales(➾)licensecart.com ~ webhostbundle.com
    WHT isn't what it used to be… power changes people :]

We get lots of clients that sign up and then don't pay either.

We email them to see if they're having any trouble. And sometimes some of the clients will pay 2-3 months later so we don't cancel right away.

After 4 months we cancel the order if they don't pay.

Some are legit clients that sign up and decide not to go through with the order right then and decide to finish the order later.

And some turn out to be spammers and fraudsters.

Chad
    Webmasterbabble.com Webmaster Forum
    Come join us at webmasterbabble.com

Could be folks looking to test your security. Folks with whmcs accounts can do certain things that folks without can't do.

People may be either trying to hack or take down your security as listed above or just trolling and trying to make you think you are getting legitimate clients. Either way, both are not great things to be dealing with. If I was you id see if they have any history of doing the same thing on other sites by searching their email on spam checker sites and if so then ip-ban each one.

Are you sure they aren't from the same location? It could be a group of friends basically messing with you.

Quote Originally Posted by 8inghost View Post
    Folks with whmcs accounts can do certain things that folks without can't do.

This is where IP restrictions become your friend.

Some users get registered but don't pay their invoice because of not having fav payment gateway. I suggest to cancel their orders every 15days or soo..
    Owner | Remote-RDP.CO RDP & VPS provider Since 2012
    24/7 365 Support, 100% Network Up-time Guarantee
    Hyper-V, Affordable VPS Servers and RDP slots.

Nothing wrong with cancelling an order after 7-14 days - if the customer was having issues it's likely (if they are serious) they would get in touch with you one way or another to help process their order.
    zFast Technologies Limited || UK Web Hosting & Streaming Services
    Web Hosting || Reseller Hosting || SHOUTcast/IceCast Hosting || VPS Hosting
    CloudLinux || In-house UK Support Team || 30 Day Money Back Guarantee

Quote Originally Posted by speedycrow chad View Post
    We get lots of clients that sign up and then don't pay either.

We email them to see if they're having any trouble. And sometimes some of the clients will pay 2-3 months later so we don't cancel right away.

After 4 months we cancel the order if they don't pay.

Some are legit clients that sign up and decide not to go through with the order right then and decide to finish the order later.

And some turn out to be spammers and fraudsters.

Chad
    Good Suggestion.
    We should wait for some time and don't delete their order instantly.
    I'll also try this.
    Thanks

Do you have hidden fees?

if customer decided to signed up for your service, it's mean they interested and pay instantly the rest are not genuine clients: fraud and spammers simply delete the orders.
    Low Cost Storage VPS plans at webprovps.com
    VPS Price Match Guarantee on: All our range of DDOS protected XEN HVM VPS
    == Contact us for any online solution development or managed / unmanaged vps hosting ==

If these are PayPal fraudulent hosting customers they cannot pass the PayPal security measures.
    QHoster.com - Web Hosting with DDoS Protection | Shared & Reseller in Europe/North America
    Linux/Windows RDP VPS 13 Locations : UK, US (5 states), Mexico, Canada, Bulgaria, Lithuania,
    Italy, France, Germany,Netherlands, Switzerland, Rissia, Singapore | OpenVPN/PPTP Enabled
    INSTANT | PayPal, Skrill, Payza, Bitcoin, WebMoney, Perfect Money, Ukash, CashU, paysafecard

What gateway are you using? People may turn away after seeing what's required for the gateway.
    Andrew Wataszko - [email protected]
    Quartet Service Inc
    Cloud Services | Support Services | Technology Management Programs