I need an advice please

Hi
    I would like to make a switch from reseller hosting(i have 2 accounts) and VPS(one account) to dedicated server.

Is it possible to use dedicated server like this:
    Make Vps servers out of dedicated server. Than I could resell these VPS servers(as unmanaged of course). Also, I could use few of those VPS to install cpanel/whm there, and sell shared hosting from there(this should be very similar to reseller hosting if I am not wrong.)
    I it possible to setup server like that? (or maybe there is a smarter way to do this?)
    Also,is it possible to find managed hosting provider who would install and maintain server like this.?
    Please recommend me if there is, because I am struggling to find one.
    It should be Europe location.
    Thank you

What virtualization would you be thinking of using?

I am not sure.
    I am far far away from an expert, but I guess Xen or Kvm should be good solutions, as I do not want to oversell anything.
    I am very flexible with that,and ready to listen to advice

Quote Originally Posted by goran5103 View Post
    I am not sure.
    I am far far away from an expert, but I guess Xen or Kvm should be good solutions, as I do not want to oversell anything.
    I would take a look at OpenVZ if you have no plans to run Windows (or offer/support it for the VPS's you plan to sell). A managed provider can definitely assist in maintenance, but you will need to middleman between the customer and them for support for your hosted VPS's. Another option you may want to look into is Proxmox, that way you don't have the overhead of a regular OS underneath your VPS's. But yes, everything you have mentioned is possible and quite doable.

Quote Originally Posted by goran5103 View Post
    I am not sure.
    Have you ever thought getting into VPS reseller business instead of using dedicated server?
    In my opinion this is less expensive option for you for start up.
    VPS services is very competitive market.

Thanks for your replays.
    As for the OpenVZ, I am not against it, but everybody knows that it is easier to oversell that way, and I don't want my customers to thing I am overselling.
    As for the VPS competitive market, yes it is very competitive, but I am from Serbia, and selling my services only in Serbia. VPS market here almost doesn't exists, but I want to be ready for the future,when it become more popular, and in the meantime, I can sell VPS to my web design customers (most of them came to my shared hosting that way too).
    I do not know whether it will pay off, but definitely want to try.
    My biggest problem is finding managed provider who would do everything I need(listed above). I have sent probably 10 pre sales inquiries, but no one is interested
    I dont know if I could take any unmanaged server, and go with platinumservermanagement, or someone like that...

Quote Originally Posted by Tomasson View Post
    Have you ever thought getting into VPS reseller business instead of using dedicated server?
    In my opinion this is less expensive option for you for start up.
    VPS services is very competitive market.
    S/he could use it to his advantage since he's not looking to make money, but just pay for the server. Undercut the competition since he's just looking for supplement.

Some advice from someone in sales that speaks with a lot of newer clientele. Regardless of what you choose, I would test the environment you want to use. Take a test drive of Proxmox or VM Ware ESXi or any other Virtualized operating system suggested and see what feels comfortable for you. As long as things are working properly now, you can take your time testing the environments and make an informed decision based on your experience. Best of luck to you! Remember Google and Wiki are your friends as well as WHT!
    Rob Hivelocity
    Home of the best cPanel pricing
    www.Hivelocity.net Datacenters in Chicago, Dallas, New York, Los Angeles, Seattle, Atlanta, Tampa, Miami, Frankfurt, Amsterdam, Singapore, India!

I would also suggest OpenVZ, even though it does offer overselling your customer base will not know what virtualization software you are using unless you advertise it or provide it to them if they ask. Just be cause a solutions offers overselling doesn't make it bad, cPanel/WHM is a perfect example of a product that offers overselling but is still easily manageable.