Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 40 of 45

Thread: OVH review

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    40

    OVH review

    Ok so I'm hosting with OVH for a couple of months right now and wanted to post a review. There are a lot of negative and positive reviews about OVH so I'll try to be as objective as I can here. I'm not working for OVH or anything, I'm just a customer.

    First some history,

    I have 2 dedis in France and a few weeks ago I opened one in their Canada location. I run game servers, very high risk machines when it comes to DDoS attacks and I've been under attack for almost 2 years, where the attacks ranged from 1 - 30 gbps in size. In these 2 years I've been hopping from one provider to another, either getting kicked by the host because of DDoS attacks, or leaving myself because the protection wasn't sufficient and prices were too steep.

    OVH's prices are very competitive. A dedicated server in France rented through OVH.NL will cost you 133,- (excl. 21% sales tax) monthly and 99,- setup costs. Now although the setup costs seems quite outdated, as most companies don't charge you that unless you require any custom stuff, you do get a high performance machine for this price. A 6-core / 12 thread E5-1650 with 128 GB Ram and 2x 2 TB Sata disks. Canada is even more competitive, the server there is costing me USD 59 all-in each month for a i5-3570S with 16 GB RAM and 1 TB sata.

    Delivery times seem to be different based on the location and server you choose. Whatever server u pick at least at OVH.NL you can see how long it will take for your server to be delivered, this can range from 120 seconds to 10 days. For my france servers I think it took about 4 - 5 days, the Canadian server was delivered almost instant, I think it took a few hours.

    That being said, what I don't like about their Canada location is that most servers are sold out. Also you can't have any custom configuration. E.g. I wanted to upgrade my connection from 100 mbps to 1 gbps but this was not possible. The more expensive servers come with 1 gbps but they were sold out so for Canada your options are very, very limited.

    The other thing that I think is not positive is the fact that every OVH location is like a different company. You need separate accounts, support is different per location, management interfaces differ. It would be much more easy to have just one OVH.COM website, have one account, select your server and then select your DC, instead of having to go to OVH.COM/US if you want a server in Canada and have separate billing. I'm sure though this is a work in progress.

    Here comes the best part though, which not one other provider can compete with right now which is OVH's DDoS protection. Every server comes with free Anti-DDoS pro which means you can adjust settings, filter ports, you can pretty much do anything you want and if you have a serious DDoS problem, moving your servers to OVH will be your final solution. Every location can filter up to 160 gbps which is way more than any kid can sent to your server.

    In fact, kids on hackforums.net are already crying that they can't take down OVH, even when sending out 100 gbps of ddos traffic.

    http://s13.postimg.org/5o5hh9iwn/hackforums.png

    If you want to read the full topic it requires registration which is really worth it because it's a great read

    http://www.hackforums.net/showthread.php?tid=3641627

    Now, again the problem is managing the protection, which is different per location. For Canada you have to use the OVH API, but you have to use the Candian API, your login won't work on the ovh.com API.

    https://ca.api.ovh.com/console/#/ip

    Now while the API allows you to basically do anything it's more of a tool for developers and if you're just a basic server administrator it can be quite scary to use the API to change your anti-ddos settings. There's almost no help available except for the one-liners next to each setting and if you ask support to help you out with a setting you mostly get standard replies which are usually not related to your question at all. So basically what they say is here's the API and go figure it out for yourself. Once you get the hang of it though, it's a very powerful tool which can be used to stop any attack.

    E.g. my attackers usually use DNS amplification attacks, when they noticed that didn't work any longer they started doing NTPd bounce attacks, which is basically the same attack but uses port 123. This attack was not picked up by OVH's anti ddos system because according to OVH support, it was too small. It was enough though to saturate my 100 mbit line in Canada and my server went down. All I had to do was go into their API, filter anything with source port 123 and the attack was blocked within seconds and like magic my server was back online, THIS WAS A TRULY AMAZING EXPERIENCE AND I CAN'T BELIEVE THIS IS ONLY COSTING ME 59 BUCKS!

    Remember though that this might all change, as I was told by support their API is in Beta now so it's free for now but they will charge you for it in the future. They didn't tell me how much though so I hope it's still affordable even for people like me that host servers just for fun/non-profit and depend on player donations.

    Now for EU, everything is different again, no API just a control panel which is much more easy to use. You can just force mitigation to always on, leave it on automatic, add/remove firewall rules just like that, here's a screenshot (Any sensitive info removed):

    http://s14.postimg.org/pqiff66gv/cpanel.png

    It took me a while though to find this control panel and to re-find it again because all their control panels are on different places and it feels quite messy from time to time. Especially if you have, like I said before different locations with different versions and different panels it can become very confusing.

    As you can see in the web panel, monitoring is disabled. OVH monitors your server and will auto create a ticket if it doesn't respond to pings. Since I disable ICMP with iptables I had to disable this feature.

    So to conclude, all in all hosting with OVH has been a great experience for me so far. I never payed that less and recieved so much for it. I'm sure similar services with professional companies will cost you thousands of dollars a month but thanks to OVH, the small hoster can have the same protection now as the enterprise companies like Mastercard and Paypal have which is awesome. So would I recommend OVH, hell yeah.

    Let's sum it all up:

    Pros:

    - Stable connections, low latency.
    - Amazing Anti-DDoS system.
    - Anti-DDoS pro, customize your settings, filter out ports etc.
    - Latest hardware on their dedis.
    - Very competitive pricing.

    Cons:

    - Support is not that great.
    - Lot of different management interfaces can get really confusing.
    - Separate accounts for different locations.

    Let me know if you have any questions, comments etc. I'll try to answer them!

  2. #2
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    832
    Thanks for sharing your nice & honest views about OVH & their DDOS protection.Because here usually we see OVH competitors, third party anti-DDOS service providers & those people who never used any service from OVH crying about their DDOS protection.
    Last edited by Shoaib_A; 12-29-2013 at 09:42 AM.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    934
    Thanks martijnk for that very detailed review of their DDoS. I noticed the same thing as Sledger about all the other OVH reviews too so it's nice to see someone who's actually using it instead of heresay.

    One question though, do you notice any transient connection drops when it goes into automatic VAC versus manual ip filtering upstream?

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    40
    Quote Originally Posted by tchen View Post
    Thanks martijnk for that very detailed review of their DDoS. I noticed the same thing as Sledger about all the other OVH reviews too so it's nice to see someone who's actually using it instead of heresay.

    One question though, do you notice any transient connection drops when it goes into automatic VAC versus manual ip filtering upstream?
    Yes, the connection drops for about 30 seconds if it's on automatic. This is the delay needed to re-route the traffic through VAC. Once the traffic goes through VAC it will stay enabled for a pre-defined period, I think about 18 hours (not sure).

    You can however, force enable mitigation so the traffic always goes through VAC then there will be no delays. The problem with this though is that latency is slightly higher which can be an issue for latency sensitive games like counter strike.

    I also noticed VAC has false positives sometimes and blocks legit players so it's probably a bad idea to have it on permanently. This was not bad at all though, out of the thousands different players we've had only a few got blocked.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by martijnk View Post
    Yes, the connection drops for about 30 seconds if it's on automatic. This is the delay needed to re-route the traffic through VAC. Once the traffic goes through VAC it will stay enabled for a pre-defined period, I think about 18 hours (not sure).

    You can however, force enable mitigation so the traffic always goes through VAC then there will be no delays. The problem with this though is that latency is slightly higher which can be an issue for latency sensitive games like counter strike.

    I also noticed VAC has false positives sometimes and blocks legit players so it's probably a bad idea to have it on permanently. This was not bad at all though, out of the thousands different players we've had only a few got blocked.
    I am only noticing 2-4ms difference with OVH VAC permanently on. It re-routes the traffic over complete different routes as displayed below.

    With DDoS Protection Activated

    Tracing route to [198.27.82.97]
    over a maximum of 30 hops:

    1 1 ms 1 ms 1 ms BTHUB4 [192.168.1.254]
    2 78 ms 126 ms 152 ms 217.32.93.122
    3 13 ms 13 ms 13 ms 217.47.210.161
    4 13 ms 14 ms 14 ms 213.1.69.14
    5 14 ms 27 ms 14 ms 31.55.164.102
    6 14 ms 19 ms 13 ms 31.55.164.37
    7 14 ms 14 ms 14 ms 31.55.164.107
    8 13 ms 13 ms 26 ms acc1-10GigE-0-5-0-5.bm.21cn-ipp.bt.net [109.159.
    248.98]
    9 22 ms 23 ms 23 ms core2-te-0-4-0-4.ilford.ukcore.bt.net [109.159.2
    48.6]
    10 20 ms 20 ms 20 ms peer1-xe1-1-0.telehouse.ukcore.bt.net [109.159.2
    54.134]
    11 27 ms * * ldn-1-6k.uk.eu [178.33.103.232]
    12 23 ms 28 ms 42 ms 178.33.100.63
    13 24 ms 26 ms 23 ms vac1-0-a9.fr.eu.vaccum [178.33.100.149]
    14 31 ms 28 ms 28 ms vac1-1-n7.fr.eu.firewall [178.33.100.152]
    15 25 ms 25 ms 25 ms vac1-2-n7.fr.eu.tilera [37.187.36.245]
    16 25 ms 25 ms 26 ms vac1-3-n7.fr.eu [91.121.215.13]
    17 * * * Request timed out.
    18 * * * Request timed out.
    19 * * * Request timed out.
    20 99 ms 100 ms 100 ms [198.27.82.97]
    Without Anti DDoS Protection Activated

    Tracing route to [198.27.82.97]
    over a maximum of 30 hops:

    1 1 ms 1 ms 1 ms BTHUB4 [192.168.1.254]
    2 13 ms 13 ms 13 ms 217.32.93.122
    3 13 ms 14 ms 13 ms 217.47.210.161
    4 14 ms 14 ms 14 ms 213.1.69.14
    5 13 ms 13 ms 13 ms 31.55.164.102
    6 13 ms 13 ms 14 ms 31.55.164.37
    7 13 ms 14 ms 13 ms 31.55.164.107
    8 19 ms 14 ms 34 ms acc1-10GigE-0-5-0-5.bm.21cn-ipp.bt.net [109.159
    248.98]
    9 25 ms 23 ms 24 ms core2-te-0-4-0-4.ilford.ukcore.bt.net [109.159.
    48.6]
    10 20 ms 21 ms 21 ms peer1-xe1-1-0.telehouse.ukcore.bt.net [109.159.
    54.134]
    11 * * * Request timed out.
    12 * * * Request timed out.
    13 96 ms 95 ms 96 ms bhs-g1-6k.qc.ca [198.27.73.205]
    14 148 ms 96 ms 96 ms bhs-3a-6k.qc.ca [198.27.73.12]
    15 94 ms 94 ms 94 ms [198.27.82.97]

    Trace complete.
    Last edited by davywavy; 12-29-2013 at 01:50 PM.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    934
    That's kinda interesting it's going through the FR vac when your server is in QC. That said, it might just be the shortest route into the OVH network given you're starting in the UK. I'm curious if it back hauls all that way if you're near QC to begin with.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by tchen View Post
    That's kinda interesting it's going through the FR vac when your server is in QC. That said, it might just be the shortest route into the OVH network given you're starting in the UK. I'm curious if it back hauls all that way if you're near QC to begin with.
    It back hauls all the traffic to the nearest OVH PoP. As they have 3 Mitigation Points. so Anyone close to the UK the traffic goes through the France VAC System and QC when you are in the UK. Might be the easiest way for them to Mitigate DDoS By hauling it through the closest VAC system. People on HF seem to be mad about the OVH DDoS Protection and all seem to claim they can take it down. When in Reality they know nothing and are just a Bunch of Kids.

    Hopefully OVH up the game and improve the DDoS Protection as time goes on. I see one day in the future DoS / DDoS Attacks will be a thing of the Past. How ever with Larger Transit uplinks and the Internet ever expanding everyday we will see the 480Gbps of DDoS Protection that OVH have need Upgrading to double that figure.

    Most people seem to Believe that OVHs Protection will become saturated with all of the Attacks they will Receive but I highly Doubt it. They will just end up Charging a Fee to have the VAC system enabled Eventually. Even if it's a small fee Just so they Increase Capacity.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    40
    Quote Originally Posted by davywavy View Post
    It back hauls all the traffic to the nearest OVH PoP. As they have 3 Mitigation Points. so Anyone close to the UK the traffic goes through the France VAC System and QC when you are in the UK. Might be the easiest way for them to Mitigate DDoS By hauling it through the closest VAC system. People on HF seem to be mad about the OVH DDoS Protection and all seem to claim they can take it down. When in Reality they know nothing and are just a Bunch of Kids.

    Hopefully OVH up the game and improve the DDoS Protection as time goes on. I see one day in the future DoS / DDoS Attacks will be a thing of the Past. How ever with Larger Transit uplinks and the Internet ever expanding everyday we will see the 480Gbps of DDoS Protection that OVH have need Upgrading to double that figure.

    Most people seem to Believe that OVHs Protection will become saturated with all of the Attacks they will Receive but I highly Doubt it. They will just end up Charging a Fee to have the VAC system enabled Eventually. Even if it's a small fee Just so they Increase Capacity.
    Yeah latency only increases by a few ms, which is not a whole lot indeed, it's the false positives though that matter, so I have it on auto for now. I do still block UDP 53 and 123 though, I don't know if these blocks still work with VAC on auto, probably not.

    I don't think their protection will become saturated either. Most of these kids pay good money for ddos attacks as they don't have their own botnets. They're not gonna pay money and keep the attack running while it's failing, there's no fun in that and it's a waste of resources.

    At this point OVH has the best ddos protection available and it's (almost) free of charge, while other companies like Black Lotus charge you insane amounts of money for usually just 10 gbps protection which is about the same as having no protection at all these days. There is no way professional anti-ddos companies can currently compete with what OVH has to offer.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    5,512
    A couple of points

    1 - According to Arbor, the average attack size is 2.7 Gbps
    2 - High quality networks and carrier grade filtering gear is expensive

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by martijnk View Post
    At this point OVH has the best ddos protection available and it's (almost) free of charge, while other companies like Black Lotus charge you insane amounts of money for usually just 10 gbps protection which is about the same as having no protection at all these days. There is no way professional anti-ddos companies can currently compete with what OVH has to offer.
    Voxility offer the same levels of DDoS Protection as OVH but charge 800 Euro a Month to use the Feature. and Yes OVH do not charge anything and the false Positives might be annoying. But as the service is free complaining is not a Option

    But hopefully they improve the Protection over time and offer better features.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    40
    Quote Originally Posted by IRCCo Jeff View Post
    A couple of points

    1 - According to Arbor, the average attack size is 2.7 Gbps
    2 - High quality networks and carrier grade filtering gear is expensive
    I find 2.7 hard to believe.

    With DNS amp you only need one server to get a 10 - 20 gbps attack as long as you have enough open resolvers. My average attack sizes were more in the 15 - 17 gbps neighborhood.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    5,512
    Quote Originally Posted by martijnk View Post
    I find 2.7 hard to believe.

    With DNS amp you only need one server to get a 10 - 20 gbps attack as long as you have enough open resolvers. My average attack sizes were more in the 15 - 17 gbps neighborhood.
    This is directly from an Arbor report. They are regarded as an authoritative source in our industry. The information comes directly from a constellation of their customer's flow collectors. Our own network reports support the same findings.

    If you're able to launch a larger attack, that means you're more awesome than all of the other packet kids

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Oregon
    Posts
    1,282
    One thing I want to point out is that certain type of attacks will still able to hit your server until OVH's Arbor filter kicks in, and there is no option to have their Arbor filter on permanently. With ~30Gbps of these type of attacks, it can saturate their Arbor filter capacity, and OVH will null the IP.
    CNSERVERS.COM Portland, Oregon since 2005
    Fully DDoS Protected BGP Network - Hardware Based Automatic Network and Application Level Protection
    IP Transit / Colocation / DDOS-Protected Server / High Bandwidth Server
    Portland, OR / Seattle, WA / Los Angeles, LA / Frankfurt, Germany

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by CNSERVERS View Post
    One thing I want to point out is that certain type of attacks will still able to hit your server until OVH's Arbor filter kicks in, and there is no option to have their Arbor filter on permanently. With ~30Gbps of these type of attacks, it can saturate their Arbor filter capacity, and OVH will null the IP.
    For a Extra $20 it is Possible to configure both Arbor Protection And Tilera Protection. I'm guessing the Arbor Protection is for Layer7 Attacks where the Tilera Protection is for Layer 4.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    40
    Yeah I heard about these Layer 7 attacks but they are mostly based on http protocol.

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Oregon
    Posts
    1,282
    Quote Originally Posted by davywavy View Post
    For a Extra $20 it is Possible to configure both Arbor Protection And Tilera Protection. I'm guessing the Arbor Protection is for Layer7 Attacks where the Tilera Protection is for Layer 4.
    There is no way to enable Arbor permanently even with the $20 extra feature.

    The Arbor is for certain Layer 4 attacks as well, I was specifically referring to those that could hit your server until the Arbor kicks in.
    CNSERVERS.COM Portland, Oregon since 2005
    Fully DDoS Protected BGP Network - Hardware Based Automatic Network and Application Level Protection
    IP Transit / Colocation / DDOS-Protected Server / High Bandwidth Server
    Portland, OR / Seattle, WA / Los Angeles, LA / Frankfurt, Germany

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    5,512
    Quote Originally Posted by CNSERVERS View Post
    One thing I want to point out is that certain type of attacks will still able to hit your server until OVH's Arbor filter kicks in, and there is no option to have their Arbor filter on permanently.
    .. which is quite standard for high capacity systems. This offers extreme scalability and prevents false positives when filtering is not needed. Protection can be engaged as quickly as flows are generated and analyzed at the sensor.

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Oregon
    Posts
    1,282
    Quote Originally Posted by IRCCo Jeff View Post
    .. which is quite standard for high capacity systems. This offers extreme scalability and prevents false positives when filtering is not needed. Protection can be engaged as quickly as flows are generated and analyzed at the sensor.
    And the players get disconnected as quickly as well.
    CNSERVERS.COM Portland, Oregon since 2005
    Fully DDoS Protected BGP Network - Hardware Based Automatic Network and Application Level Protection
    IP Transit / Colocation / DDOS-Protected Server / High Bandwidth Server
    Portland, OR / Seattle, WA / Los Angeles, LA / Frankfurt, Germany

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    5,512
    Quote Originally Posted by CNSERVERS View Post
    And the players get disconnected as quickly as well.
    They also stay disconnected when an attack scales beyond the capabilities of an inline device.

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Oregon
    Posts
    1,282
    Quote Originally Posted by IRCCo Jeff View Post
    They also stay disconnected when an attack scales beyond the capabilities of an inline device.
    That's when null route comes in don't you think? I don't see your point.
    CNSERVERS.COM Portland, Oregon since 2005
    Fully DDoS Protected BGP Network - Hardware Based Automatic Network and Application Level Protection
    IP Transit / Colocation / DDOS-Protected Server / High Bandwidth Server
    Portland, OR / Seattle, WA / Los Angeles, LA / Frankfurt, Germany

  21. #21
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    553
    What is it that attracts these DDoSers to the point where they're willing to waste their own money on it? What is there to gain from taking some game servers down?

  22. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Williams View Post
    What is it that attracts these DDoSers to the point where they're willing to waste their own money on it? What is there to gain from taking some game servers down?
    Usually they have competitive game servers and they want to discredit the competition.

  23. #23
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    40
    Quote Originally Posted by sannin View Post
    Usually they have competitive game servers and they want to discredit the competition.
    That's usually the reason yes. But there's also the players that get banned and think they got unfairly treated or players doing it out of spite.

    I even saw cases where they did it to annoy another player, so they ddos your server to get back to one player.

    Good example was derptrolling who downed a lot of sites just to get one player. They even called SWAT on his home address saying there was a hostage situation.

    http://siliconangle.com/blog/2014/01...new-years-day/

  24. #24

    * THE TRUTH ABOUT OVH

    This has been the worst experience in hosting in a while for me. This is also the first review page search result that pops up on Google, so don't come crying to me about this being an old post, Jack!

    Their customer support is AWFUL!
    They took my site down without reason in the past.
    They never allowed us to recover our data, bills were all paid up too!

    They left me hanging when I called support, so basically, they took my money and never guided me through the WHM and CPANEL setup.

    I was stuck and no one would help, plus no one was even familiar with the English language as their first language!!! I got lucky if I ever talked to someone who didn't sound like they were talking with a bag full of marbles in their mouth due to their heavy accents. I had to call them several times for one issue that never got resolved.

    Needless to say, same day purchase, same day refund.

    THANKS BUT NO THANKS OVH, YOU SUCK!!!

  25. #25
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    1,409
    Quote Originally Posted by NinjaChance View Post
    This has been the worst experience in hosting in a while for me. This is also the first review page search result that pops up on Google, so don't come crying to me about this being an old post, Jack!

    Their customer support is AWFUL!
    They took my site down without reason in the past.
    They never allowed us to recover our data, bills were all paid up too!

    They left me hanging when I called support, so basically, they took my money and never guided me through the WHM and CPANEL setup.

    I was stuck and no one would help, plus no one was even familiar with the English language as their first language!!! I got lucky if I ever talked to someone who didn't sound like they were talking with a bag full of marbles in their mouth due to their heavy accents. I had to call them several times for one issue that never got resolved.

    Needless to say, same day purchase, same day refund.

    THANKS BUT NO THANKS OVH, YOU SUCK!!!
    They are an unmanaged service, they aren't there to guide you on setting up software, that's up to you, if you don't have the experience of doing that then you need a managed provider.
    WebSound - Affordable, Reliable Hosting Solutions
    High performance hosting solutions located in EU, NA and the US
    UK SSD Web Hosting / UK SSD Reseller Hosting / Minecraft Hosting / VPS - www.websound.co.uk

  26. #26

    Thumbs down Absurd, asinine & uncalled for! Very bad host

    Quote Originally Posted by Criot View Post
    They are an unmanaged service, they aren't there to guide you on setting up software, that's up to you, if you don't have the experience of doing that then you need a managed provider.
    I don't remember asking for your opinion, Jack. I'm here to post an unbiased review. Am I really to believe any of these lies posted here? You posted back in record time, so am I supposed to believe that you "just happened" to be browsing the forums and stumbled across this post? No, you were notified and you chose to reply in rush to defend your deal you got going on here. Well, I'm here to bust up your CON party you got going on here, THIS IS A TERRIBLE HOSTING CHOICE AND YOU CAN DO MUCH, MUCH BETTER, MY DEAREST AND UTMOST RESPECTED FRIENDS!!!!




    --------ACTUAL SUPPORT TICKET---REMEMBER, I AM A PAYING CUSTOMER---& THIS COULD BE YOU----------


    From: customer
    Please, process a refund ASAP, no questions asked. This has not been a good experience.
    07/04/2014 11:23
    From: support
    Hello,

    we would need a reason to provide a refund. From what I can see the VPS was delivered on time and is functional.

    Regards,
    Phil @ OVH



    From: customer
    http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showth...50#post9074850
    Is that reason enough, Jack? Or do I have to call up there, publicly humiliate you online for your dimwitted behavior, and receive a chargeback, all the while ultimately getting the last laugh? Because, I'll be happy as "all get out" to do it, & that's a promise, my little dim-witted friend.

    I gave you a reason, you acted extremely dense when you half-ass replied to me, thus proving further that your experience provided is the utmost disrespectful and asinine I've ever experienced ever since I decided to try the joke of a company HOSTISO.

    So, what's it gonna be, Jack? How do you want this, the easy way, or the hard way? Because, I already plan to make it hard on you as is. So, again I MUST ASK, only because of your disregard and downright stupidity you've chosen to display when you asked for a reason as if I didn't already give you one to begin with... here it goes, IN VERBATIM, the same way it was the first time, request, expected time of delivery, demands, my reason, and as you can see, you decided to disregard that, but that's okay, because you're gonna read this anyways, because it's your job, it's what you're paid to do, and maybe, just maybe, if you weren't so dimwitted, you might be able to grasp this concept, but I'm gonna bet your heavy accent won't allow it.

    I got dibs, you don't... and the sooner you respect your place, the sooner you won't be put back in it by someone with more credibility in their pinky finger than you in your own home-town. What, now? I didn't think so, now, go run to your boss and tell them all I just did to you, you little baby, how dare you attempt to belittle me. Little man. Either way you want it, I'm getting my money. Deal with it, female. How do you want it?
    07/04/2014 12:28
    Reply
    Last edited by NinjaChance; 04-07-2014 at 03:38 PM.

  27. #27
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    282
    Quote Originally Posted by NinjaChance View Post
    I don't remember asking for your opinion, Jack.




    --------ACTUAL SUPPORT TICKET---REMEMBER, I AM A PAYING CUSTOMER---& THIS COULD BE YOU----------


    From: customer
    Please, process a refund ASAP, no questions asked. This has not been a good experience.
    07/04/2014 11:23
    From: support
    Hello,

    we would need a reason to provide a refund. From what I can see the VPS was delivered on time and is functional.

    Regards,
    Phil @ OVH



    From: customer
    http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showth...50#post9074850
    Is that reason enough, Jack? Or do I have to call up there, publicly humiliate you online for your dimwitted behavior, and receive a chargeback, all the while ultimately getting the last laugh? Because, I'll be happy as "all get out" to do it, & that's a promise, my little dim-witted friend.

    I gave you a reason, you acted extremely dense when you half-ass replied to me, thus proving further that your experience provided is the utmost disrespectful and asinine I've ever experienced ever since I decided to try the joke of a company HOSTISO.

    So, what's it gonna be, Jack? How do you want this, the easy way, or the hard way? Because, I already plan to make it hard on you as is. So, again I MUST ASK, only because of your disregard and downright stupidity you've chosen to display when you asked for a reason as if I didn't already give you one to begin with... here it goes, IN VERBATIM, the same way it was the first time, request, expected time of delivery, demands, my reason, and as you can see, you decided to disregard that, but that's okay, because you're gonna read this anyways, because it's your job, it's what you're paid to do, and maybe, just maybe, if you weren't so dimwitted, you might be able to grasp this concept, but I'm gonna bet your heavy accent won't allow it.

    I got dibs, you don't... and the sooner you respect your place, the sooner you won't be put back in it by someone with more credibility in their pinky finger than you in your own home-town. What, now? I didn't think so, now, go run to your boss and tell them all I just did to you, you little baby, how dare you attempt to belittle me. Little man. Either way you want it, I'm getting my money. Deal with it, female. How do you want it?
    07/04/2014 12:28
    Reply
    Are you making a movie about trolling help desk agents? Its a pretty nice script so far.

  28. #28
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Alexandria,Egypt
    Posts
    25
    Quote Originally Posted by NinjaChance View Post
    This has been the worst experience in hosting in a while for me. This is also the first review page search result that pops up on Google, so don't come crying to me about this being an old post, Jack!

    Their customer support is AWFUL!
    They took my site down without reason in the past.
    They never allowed us to recover our data, bills were all paid up too!

    They left me hanging when I called support, so basically, they took my money and never guided me through the WHM and CPANEL setup.

    I was stuck and no one would help, plus no one was even familiar with the English language as their first language!!! I got lucky if I ever talked to someone who didn't sound like they were talking with a bag full of marbles in their mouth due to their heavy accents. I had to call them several times for one issue that never got resolved.

    Needless to say, same day purchase, same day refund.

    THANKS BUT NO THANKS OVH, YOU SUCK!!!
    I'm agree with you at all!
    They are the worst customer service i knew!
    They aren't helpful,they always "sorry".
    I've 2 months with them and they where the worst!
    my website always be "so slow" without knowing reason and it work good for short time when i restart the server. When i contacted script technical support,they advised me to change my host!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails SibSoft's Online Support System 2014-04-07 21-49-05.png  

  29. #29
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    40
    Quote Originally Posted by Veto View Post
    I'm agree with you at all!
    They are the worst customer service i knew!
    They aren't helpful,they always "sorry".
    I've 2 months with them and they where the worst!
    my website always be "so slow" without knowing reason and it work good for short time when i restart the server. When i contacted script technical support,they advised me to change my host!
    Lol when a a host provider's advice to you is to change hosts you must have been a really bad customer only costing them money.

    I wonder if you can show us the full ticket and not only the part that you like us to see.

  30. #30
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    40
    Either way, I agree with Criot. I've been with OVH for some time now and I'm really happy and yes everything is unmanaged which means you have to do everything yourself and you can only count on support when your hardware dies or when there are network issues not caused by yourself.

    Look at their prices and what they offer, they offer dedicated servers for as low as € 15,- with premium specs and some people still expect premium support with that.

    My DDoS problems have been history for months now, so I'll stick with them for as long as I can and I'm a happy customer.

  31. #31
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Alexandria,Egypt
    Posts
    25
    Quote Originally Posted by martijnk View Post
    Lol when a a host provider's advice to you is to change hosts you must have been a really bad customer only costing them money.

    I wonder if you can show us the full ticket and not only the part that you like us to see.
    DON'T BE STUPID!
    This company which advised me to change host is http://sibsoft.net (Xfilesharing script).
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Full.png   2.png  

  32. #32
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    40
    Quote Originally Posted by Veto View Post
    DON'T BE STUPID!
    This company which advised me to change host is http://sibsoft.net (Xfilesharing script).
    And because they advised it means it's true?

  33. #33
    From: support
    Hi again.

    You haven't spoken with me on the phone, I believe you spoke with my colleague Fred earlier.

    You still haven't provided a reason for why you want a refund. Our terms of service do state that we only provide refunds in the case of hardware issues, though, and I don't see any evidence of that.

    I'd be happy to look into any problems you're having with the VPS, we're here to help with any issues with the hardware.

    Regards,
    Phil @ OVH

    -----------

    From: customer

    I've talked to you jerks enough, I'm over it. I'll get my own refund. OVH: THE ABSOLUTE WORST HOST AROUND I can't believe I fell for this sh**.
    07/04/2014 13:05

  34. #34
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Alexandria,Egypt
    Posts
    25
    Quote Originally Posted by martijnk View Post
    And because they advised it means it's true?
    Firstly: before you post reply,you must understand firstly then reply! Don't be like clowns!
    Secondly: they did everything to resolve this slowing problem but they said it due host no script.
    I've to believe them because they didn't leave anything to do but OVH is out of service!

  35. #35
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    40
    Quote Originally Posted by Veto View Post
    Firstly: before you post reply,you must understand firstly then reply! Don't be like clowns!
    Secondly: they did everything to resolve this slowing problem but they said it due host no script.
    I've to believe them because they didn't leave anything to do but OVH is out of service!
    No offense but it seems you already have problems with the English language, that's not something that helps. Perhaps you should pick a host provider in your own country speaking your own language.

    That being said, I guess what you are trying to say is that they didn't leave anything to chance.

    Anyway I'm not going to discuss your problem with some script here. I think it's irrelevant to this discussion.

    Did you manage to solve your problem by switching hosts? If so then I'm very happy for you.

  36. #36
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    1,409
    Quote Originally Posted by NinjaChance View Post
    I don't remember asking for your opinion, Jack. I'm here to post an unbiased review. Am I really to believe any of these lies posted here? You posted back in record time, so am I supposed to believe that you "just happened" to be browsing the forums and stumbled across this post? No, you were notified and you chose to reply in rush to defend your deal you got going on here. Well, I'm here to bust up your CON party you got going on here, THIS IS A TERRIBLE HOSTING CHOICE AND YOU CAN DO MUCH, MUCH BETTER, MY DEAREST AND UTMOST RESPECTED FRIENDS!!!!
    I was actually browsing, I don't have any subscriptions on my account except from some old ones to my own old threads.

    This is a public forum, however, what I said wasn't opinion, it was fact, you can't go with an unmanaged host and expect everything else, they don't have any obligation to, they provide the network and hardware, the rest is up to you.
    WebSound - Affordable, Reliable Hosting Solutions
    High performance hosting solutions located in EU, NA and the US
    UK SSD Web Hosting / UK SSD Reseller Hosting / Minecraft Hosting / VPS - www.websound.co.uk

  37. #37
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    832
    Quote Originally Posted by NinjaChance View Post
    This has been the worst experience in hosting in a while for me. This is also the first review page search result that pops up on Google, so don't come crying to me about this being an old post, Jack!

    Their customer support is AWFUL!
    They took my site down without reason in the past.
    They never allowed us to recover our data, bills were all paid up too!

    They left me hanging when I called support, so basically, they took my money and never guided me through the WHM and CPANEL setup.

    I was stuck and no one would help, plus no one was even familiar with the English language as their first language!!! I got lucky if I ever talked to someone who didn't sound like they were talking with a bag full of marbles in their mouth due to their heavy accents. I had to call them several times for one issue that never got resolved.

    Needless to say, same day purchase, same day refund.

    THANKS BUT NO THANKS OVH, YOU SUCK!!!
    All of your problems are only your fault since you do not even know the difference between managed & self-managed hosting or if you know it really then I have not seen a bigger joke than you who is expecting a provider who strictly offers self-managed servers to help you setting up cPanel & WHM. So, no surprise that 99.99% of the time it is people like you who cry about OVH's support which is fine for a self-managed provider.And OVH's competitors use reviews like these to show others that OVH is bad & to convince them to host with their company because otherwise they do not stand a chance against OVH as they cannot offer same quality hardware at the prices OVH does.

  38. #38
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    3,059
    Quote Originally Posted by NinjaChance View Post
    I don't remember asking for your opinion, Jack.
    If you do not want replies/opinions. It might be best to setup your own forum on 127.0.0.1.
    cPanel, CloudLinux, Softaculous ℵ Off Site Backups, Redundant DNS

  39. #39
    I used OVH for 2 year's had nothing but problems they always had an excuse for everything what went wrong it was either our fault or someone else's. would never use again!

  40. #40

    EXCELLENT SERVICE

    I want to tell my story with hosting that lasts for more than 15 years.
    First of all OVH is the greatest company of all time. You pay,they give you the root access to your VPS od dedicated server and that's it. They will take care of your hardware, they will pay the bills for electricity, pay wages for the staff, pay taxes and everything else. AND THAT'S THE WAY IT SHOULD BE ! I had experience with Godaddy, Ipage, Hostgator... and they all offer "excellent" support with anything, because, I repeat BECAUSE they CAN NOT offer such a quality that OVH can ! Support is a main concert for every beginner that is looking to make some clicks and to make a website. You won't get that from OVH. But you will get professional care of your server. And that's all they are offering. That's how it is supposed to be. If you know what you are doing you won't need any "support". Greetings.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. OVH.ie almost 3 year review (Bad review)
    By weaklinks in forum Dedicated Server
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 07-22-2013, 03:36 PM
  2. OVH.co.uk .... Review
    By lynxus in forum VPS Hosting
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-21-2013, 03:11 PM
  3. OVH Review
    By difumetti in forum Dedicated Server
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 02-27-2013, 11:58 AM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •